Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

From what I’ve heard, the main difference in gløgg vs. mulled wine is that you add vodka instead of brandy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

SubNat posted:

:arghfist:

:colbert: Pretty sure you'd need a hoity toity custom case to get one that's mirrored, so that the right-hand side is glass, and can let the RGB leak out that way.
(Also unless your pc is doing work overnight, like renders and etc, turn the thing off. Atleast put it to sleep.)

quote:

so Mark went apeshit and definitely killed a bunch of people over the possibility that his dad's new boat might at some point accidentally hurt an animal, but is just chill with the room full of endangered animals his dad deliberately killed for fun?

God, it sucks that these sub-Cinema Sins takes are what passes for humor on this site now.

Nitpicking inconsistencies =/= funny, goons, especially in a medium like comics where plots move at a snail’s pace but you’re looking for some instant plot gratification.

I’d even take Lowtax and FYAD edgelord jokes over this :actually: nonsense any day.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze needs to just ignore this lazy rear end in a top hat.

But enough about the authors...

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

The strip where Calvin locks his sitter out of house feels true to life because I did the same thing to my sitter when I was 10.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Mercury Hat posted:

I remember this one getting Calvin a pretty stern (for the strip) talking-to from his mother about how dangerous it was to do.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Calvin and Hobbes was not supposed to be any more realistic than Peanuts, guys.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Your mom worked very hard to drain that Vulcan, kid. :colbert:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

TBH all the recent Modesty Blaise arcs seems to exist only as excuses to show the main characters in skimpy animal skins.

I don't mean just this one, there was one from a few months ago that had them on the set of some fantasy movie, and then the set of a caveman movie before that?...

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

sweeperbravo posted:

this [Rex Morgan arc] is so tiresome

It’s so unearned. Genre switches and meta-humor exist only to try to hide that this cast is so flat and boring.

Reminds me of a high school essay written by a kid who has nothing to say about the subject, so he just writes a paper about how lame and pointless college essays are and thinks he’s the first to do so.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Re: Intelligent Life - ironically, turning it into a talking animal strip could be an improvement. It wouldn’t be great but far better than we have now.

A monkey and a dog getting up to hijinks in the space program? That’d be a fun strip with the right creator.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

Massie, actually, which I didn't recognize as a bastardization of massa and which I'd never seen before. But I concede the point. And am also appreciating the irony of how the caricature went unnoticed. Just my personal opinion that spoiler tags are overused in this thread and should be retired for timg tags except in particularly egregious cases.

Maybe you should put spoiler tags on your terrible opinions.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

CRAM

MING

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Rex Morgan writer: "Any time we write a comic that doesn't include Buck, the other characters should be asking "Where's Buck?"

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

EasyEW posted:

Harry Dinkle Can't Stop Making It About Himself

Dinkle the Unloveable Loser

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

ukonvasara posted:

This comic's dedication to complete and utter mundanity Buck is really something!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Weembles posted:

There's very good documentary evidence of electric ice cream makers from the distant past:

Did they really name him “Willrow Hood”? :aaaaa:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

He's drinking coffee at night because he doesn't know what time it is.

MW doesn’t do the weird phone-holding thing all the time, but does it just often enough that I almost think the artist does it on purpose just to mess with us.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

If the cat's name is Clapton, that mouse must have been an immigrant.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Don’t doxx me, Tinkersons!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

I’m surprised Beatty has a nine-year old kid, I would have figured granddaughter. Judging from the usual pace and subject matter of Rex Morgan (especially the obsession with golden age comics and old country stars) I figured he’d be in his 80s or 90s.

(it’s possible he had a kid late in life)

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Mister Beeg posted:

Beatty is 63 years old, according to Wikipedia.

Ah, well that explains it! :ms:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

I’m glad for Jeremy that he’s come to fully embrace his cuckold fetish.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

I’m really enjoying 100 Demons. I remember seeing Ernie Pook’s Comik in the papers during college and finding it impenetrable, but now that I’m enjoying these I want to go back and read them.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Kelly also lists himself as a stand-up comic in his credits and I’d bet dollars to donuts that his routine matches note-for-note to “An Evening with Tim Heidecker.”

He exactly the kind of hacky, self-absorbed boomer comedian that Heidecker spoofs.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Bibliotechno Music posted:

100 Demons: Magic

Todd Rundgren still slaps.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

curtadams posted:

Another entry supporting my thesis that Batuik is losing it. He has ideas for plots, but just can't seem to land them anymore. It's not a matter of maudlin or trite writing, or lame endings. He just drops stuff. The first one I really noticed was the supposedly high-concept "Bull Bushka's death to CTE" plot. Which was supposed to be a new "Lisa's story" tackling a heavy topic on the funny pages. But the death wasn't tragic, and it wasn't even particularly clear what happened. Then it ended up shortened by several weeks from the original promise, and the last half of it was a bunch of characters standing around at the funeral, mostly talking about - other stuff. Just a total whiff.

Looking forward to when the strip goes the way of Apartment 3-G and the last weeks are just a roughly scribbled Les Moore shouting his lines into an empty void.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Dustin is so bad that it’s made the whole thread descend into arguing over whether a cartoon child is forever shunned by the light of God’s grace or whatever

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

CommonShore posted:

See I actually appreciate what Mark Trail is doing with these weird cadres of enviro spies and crack teams of homey country gardeners squaring off against HOAs and the like. It's still early but she's managing to rough out a fun and distinctive setting.

Same! It seems appropriate that Rivera’s Trail is based physically off of Jon Hamm, because overall her plot style reminds me of the breezy absurdity of a Tina Fey comedy like 30 Rock, or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

The feeling is mutual, Luann.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Giant Ethicist posted:

An extra-violent update today.

Uramachi Sakaba

Theonlythingtheyfearisyou.mp3

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Fasttrack boss lady wants all the Zoom chat to get a good look at her pussy. Serious power move there.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

So close to a Loss edit, SO CLOSE!!!!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

RoboRodent posted:

Yeah, Calvin's coach is in charge of a bunch of six year olds, but:

1. He doesn't make sure they know the rules or how to play, how to swing a bat, anything,

2. He isn't paying enough attention to notice that a kid in the outfield doesn't come in when he's supposed to,

3. He either doesn't notice or stands by and allows it to happen when the other kids get angry and bully Calvin about his mistake,

4. Insults Calvin, who is obviously upset, when he says he doesn't want to play, rather than question why he's changed his mind.

I wasn't much older than Calvin during my brief foray into softball, but goddammit they showed me how to play. gently caress this guy and people like him, because I know they exist.

Yeah, gently caress that coach. He's exactly like the coach I had in high school (who, incidentally, slept with one of his female students and got her pregnant and still somehow kept his job, let alone not go to jail) :argh:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Hostile V posted:

That dog looks like it used to get work in Achewood and has moved on to appearing in other comics.

One can hope that Bernice just saw her Magreaux Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Beyond all the usual terribleness, every other character in Holbrook’s comics is drawn like they have a glandular disorder.