Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This makes me feel uncomfortable. I do not like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He encourages people to pay their taxes and, beats up child abusers and doesn’t slap around his abusive wife so he’s really a mixed bag.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Some Guy TT posted:

The other hunters sure, but why can't the deer tell the difference?

Deer are dumb as rocks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (March 31, 1965)

This.... is bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol my mom got removed from grandpas will for not loving Trump. Her brother the peace maker said just wait till kicks the bucket he’d do the right thing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The crew cut joke is funny.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

amigolupus posted:

The set-up for this Modesty Blaise feels a bit haphazard to me. It's been mentioned that Joanna was used as a sex slave in the Blackwings's cult, since her friend's dad blames her for surviving. That should have been plenty enough reason for Modesty to go after the cult leader, so it feels pretty off for her to hesitate and have Giles talk her into taking action.

The fact that everyone treats Shannon as a terrible burden who keeps pestering them makes this less of a joke, and more that Shannon is so used to everyone blaming her for every little thing going wrong.

I'm pretty sure we've only seen this one kid of Angelique's in modern K&K. So what, did the other nineteen kids just get eaten offscreen?

Ahhh, nothing like a little bit of bank account identity theft as your good deed for Christmas. I'm sure the bank wouldn't notice the money suddenly being deposited to Angelique's bank account. And, of course, Kevin doesn't give a poo poo that his daughter just casually committed a crime since they're the protagonists.

Bit of the perfect crime. If he legally owes her money and transfers it to her account what’s he going to do? Go file a police report?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hattie the hat-snatch? lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Maybe the dude just likes armpits?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FrumpleOrz posted:

I think it's supposed to be "Things will be so simple they'll be wind-up" but the metaphor doesn't really work. It's trying to be a joke about phones becoming modern dumb terminals, I think? No matter what, it's a bad strip.

It took me a couple months of following this thread to realize he's doing three different mediocre-to-bad comics a the same time. Too bad he can't distill down to one Ok comic.

And I just read the wiki for On the Fast Track and Safe Havens what the gently caress lol

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 17, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Technowolf posted:

Why would you hurt yourself like this?

I don't currently have the best internet in the world and for whatever reasons both of those comics rarely ever loaded. No issue with Kevin and Kell though. Odd. So I saw all three together for the first time and I was like what the hell... then begin my decent into madness. From the random fast tracks I've read I thought Dethany was Death's human form avatar(like Gaiman's Sandman stuff) deciding to live a really boring life. Boy was I wrong. poo poo was even weirder than I thought possible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 21, 1999)

I appreciate how subtly he ages Janis in his comics over 20 years. The dude has to be drawing from real life.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Green Intern posted:

I cannot get over the theoretical skull structure of the new baby in Kevin and Kell.

But a rhino having sex with a feline and producing offspring is ok?

It's (bad) fantasy relax.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

amigolupus posted:

So did Ox break in from the back of the mansion instead of just knocking at the front door?

The help doesn't come through the front door.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Poor Val got rejected. lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Old grandpa isn’t dead yet noticing that dump truck rear end.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lowen SoDium posted:

Just tell your wife that the pants make her rear end look hot and you want to gently caress her. It's not that hard, Ed.

Tell her she has a dump truck rear and you wanna toss her garbage.

Or just say “meow” and scuttle away like a cat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

This one actually made me laugh. Dustin is too dull, poor and untalented to ever be a bad boy, kept man or boy toy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That would be his lack of personality. Also ancient Chardonnay would be gross.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter (July 12, 1941)

Lol what a great dad! Love it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Drimble Wedge posted:

:gonk: DON'T GIVE CATS OR DOGS CHOCOLATE! EVER!!!

Lol the chill dog being disappointed he’s not getting a cat based snack.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Strontium posted:

The interesting thing about Tinkersons to me is that Bill Bettwy is not afraid of changing the status quo. Robert gets eaten by a shark. Tillman gets a new teacher and a new best friend. The family gets a new dog and a pool.
But on the flipside, there's stuff like Helen. Looking over all of her appearances, it feels more like Bettwy gets bored easily and that justifies any changes more than there being an actual plan. It's very stream of consciousness-like, and character motivations and attitudes seem to change to fit the story in the moment rather than there be any consistency.

And with that, we're caught up for the ongoing arc of Helen returning to work in February 2021. But questions remain unanswered.
Why was Helen fired in 2018? Did she have romantic feelings for Ted? Is that why he felt weird around her even when she was shown only to be professional and supportive? Did she want to kill Ted before he snitched on her, and if so why?

Thanks! Loved the Helen arc. I think Ted wanted to smash but he's too much of a married man/committed so he just came across as goofy/uncomfortable.

She probably just wanted to get husband #5.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Potsticker posted:

This took me too long to see, but what a fantastic gag.

I feel like I'm missing the punchline on this one, though.

The above ground train system in NYC got removed when the bridges and tunnels for cars/trucks became common.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Green Intern posted:

Ah, a rare A&J that's specifically about Not Fuckin.

Hate to break it to you but you do know what "wanting more" is right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Constantly trivializing rape feels a little gratuitous after a while.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Doomykins posted:

Last two panels of that Mammila are soothing salve for the soul. Like the opposite of Cruel Little Stories which always make me a tiny bit genuinely upset(so they're ridiculously effective.)

I thought I was following the story line but what happened to the dad now? Still in his tower? Dead? Deadbeat? meh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Doomykins posted:

Is mentioned in the last comic where cat dude and his gal are watching the kid, the dad and mom are super successful and constantly on business trips because of it. I wonder if hermit dad is in a small ironic hell because of it.

Oh this is a separate set of parents and kids. My bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Back when I was a kid, my great grandmother clipped out Modesty Blaise from the newspapers every day and stored the comics in big photo albums, the kind with sticky pages and those weird transparent cover flaps on every page.

I always assumed it was just a very milquetoast old people's comic but turns out great grandma was a god drat sex maniac.

Aint nothing Modest about that! Still a little salacious for me but the story line is interesting at least.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Who's the couple thinking about adding ageplay to their bedroom in chickweed lane?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hostile V posted:

Their names are Fluffy and Nachotime; he's the high priest of Hecate and is later temporarily killed by Hellboy which only hastens her rebirth and the inevitable return of the Ogdru Jahad, she's a retired netrunner who got half of her brain replaced with cloned meat after her old neuralrig was bricked by a Mi-Go paracausal multi-state virus and had a seizure as a result. Back in 2002 there was a well-received plotline where the two of them had a heart-to-heart about her struggle with physical rehab and him worrying that he thought less of her for her disability and uphill fight with learning to walk again. They would later fade into the background for a period of time as a pair of janitors who walk around cleaning up other character's public sex messes before making a killing in the stock market and living comfortably.

Also Tinkermom's first name is Tiff.

This is better than reality.

Also pleated skirts are just cute in general. I remember my wife’s high school tennis skirt being .... short but on purpose due to the sport. And no she didn’t save it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Man this was pretty boring compared to the racy one previous to this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (July 26, 1951)

Ok this is a good gag.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

~Coxy posted:

Why do they even have that card in the shop!

Comedy section. I mean hot topic would too I suppose.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell (August 23-27, 1999)

But opossums are omnivores and predate quite a bit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol that 9CL was actually funny.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Ingrid is terrible at flirting. She could have killed Eric three different ways already.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell (November 8-12, 1999)

I'm going to repeat myself from yesterday: :capitalism:

Ok the mink joke is funny.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Green Intern posted:

I think we can dumpster 9CL. It’s like we’re reading a the evidence for Brooke’s future trial.

Honestly I didnt think that comic was particularly lovely. My kids have done the same thing or equally amusing things like playing my wives breasts or butt like a bongo. Just dont make a big deal of it and be idly amused is the best course of action.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

In a vacuum the comic might be fine. But taken with the rest of the context of the comic and how the author is CONSTANTLY putting the adult-thinking children into sexual situations re: the parents, it's awful

yeah that's the gist of it id agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PainterofCrap posted:

She's dumping the heirloom china that nobody likes nor uses anymore, yet still brings back family memories.

My parents had this set of Williamstown (Massachusetts, where my Grandfather was born & raised) china (my grandfather apparently ordered it in the 1950s, and gifted it to my parents when they married) which had to be used whenever my grandfather or other family showed up. It was the centerpiece of the china closet.

After my parents divorced it was never used again. My mom dumped it on me, and I was stuck with it for 25-years before I was able to dump it on my cousin. I never had the heart to just bin it.

Yeah I recently helped a good friend help clear out his aging mother's house. Sadly there was like 3 generations of china and crystal that's simply too fancy for every day use. We ended up leaving all but one set of the oldest at the good will. It simply wasn't worth sticking it on ebay where some it was getting movement and value.