Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

And then they have a insane base defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Digital Jedi posted:

And than they have a insane base defense

It's a shame about that equalizer.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cool

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
holy gently caress

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
At least these last 30 minutes are making up for the first 20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

good lord take a sidelane

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:lol: Tactical

Jesus Christ TL is bad.

How do you with Baron and Elder not push side lanes to crash? How?!
And when one finally does reach Tactical is positioned so badly you lose instantly

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

tactical's positioning that last fight was some straight up sandbagging, jesus christ

ignar dancing in base has been the highlight of the night though lmao

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Glad to see both TSM and TL get hosed today

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Holy poo poo, Rekkles' Trist ult in the dragon pit today was insane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TL should trade Alphari for Fudge and Zven

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
rip XL

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Big fan of Schalke getting 4 early kills and still losing all 3 early neutral objectives.
This aged well.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 13, 2021

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

now, correlation doesn't equal causation, but akali is 100% a free win

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

This aged well.

i thought schalke were gonna play good and hit nexus

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

now, correlation doesn't equal causation, but akali is 100% a free win

A somewhat crazy 67% winrate this split already, and over 70% winrate against Viego. She should probably be eating the permabans right now more than Gwen.

E: Gigantic fan of Selfmade flashing into the middle of his entire team with a fully stacked Tristana bomb on him.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 13, 2021

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'm assuming both Rogue and Fnatic just assumed the other team banned Akali

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
gragas jungle :/

bandleglass gragas jungle :///

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
The new CLG midlaner, pobleter.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

gwrtheyrn posted:

"Here comes the notorious P O B!"
*Akali get's Hundred to zeroed*
Welp...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

there was a time when the pobelter narrative was that he performed regionally but faltered internationally, but even that ain't true anymore. dude should probably be starting to either look at college or get into crypto like every other retired midlaner in the world

really, though, this CLG roster's just a painful watch. i guess wildturtle's still fine, but he's just too old to be able to be a gala or an uzi, and the rest of his team is just a loving mess

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

once banned Montecristo is back chatting with the c9 team https://www.twitch.tv/att welcome back Montecristo

Zven not allowed on the stream lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

there was a time when the pobelter narrative was that he performed regionally but faltered internationally, but even that ain't true anymore. dude should probably be starting to either look at college or get into crypto like every other retired midlaner in the world

POBs interesting cuz he started so young so hes actually not that much older than some of the academy mids just breaking in, and like famously "smart" and talented so in theory should be workable as a starter. He's younger than Jizuke! How can Jizuke pressure ppl in lane and sometimes 1v9 and yet POB is stuck POBing around?

Ive watched him stream for a decent amount of hours and he's definitely not bad, seems to understand whats going on and stuff. Maybe he is just a perennial stage choker.

He has made likely hundreds of thousands of dollars playing league and has a dog and a super hot GF he should just retire and be a streamer or a coach or something.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Pamela Springstein posted:

once banned Montecristo is back chatting with the c9 team https://www.twitch.tv/att welcome back Montecristo

Zven not allowed on the stream lol

He jumped off the Overwatch train after burning every bridge to get there and now he's trying to weasel his way into whatever he can get into.

I don't think he's been directly on any Riot run stuff though it's not like I watch anything outside of the games.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

He didn't learn any lessons either, because he scorch earthed his way out of OWL too :lol:

he's just a dick through and through and brings nothing to the scenes he's in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Meanwhile DoA has become a much liked mainstay of the TFT scene.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
He married the former C9 (London Spitfire) GM and his best friend 'Ego-tripping worthless waste of a paycheck" "My 'I'm not a racist' shirt keeps bringing up questions when I defend racism" Thorin the 'esports historian' is also employed by them, if he's going or working anywhere in esports its C9.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

njsykora posted:

Meanwhile DoA has become a much liked mainstay of the TFT scene.

oh really? cool, i hope that goes well for him.

what did monte do in OWL?

Damwon are running Canyon mid and Showmaker bot

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

CODChimera posted:

what did monte do in OWL?

He was Analysis/Colour commentator with DoA as play-by-play, continued stumping for Korea as 'the best ever at all esports ever', and complained about OWL players taking time off from stress and depression, which he then walked back to 'teams should do more' when the team solutions were often 'we are letting our pro take time off'.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In the brief period of time I actually watched OWL, he was also one of the worst at actually keeping up with and explaining what was going on.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
All I remember from DoA was him making Tastless worse back in the Starcraft days. IIRC everything he predicted/called back then was wrong to the point I just assumed the opposite was about to happen. It was almost like a superpower.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm catching up on last weekend's LEC/LCS games, and one of my favorite moments so far is seeing Caedrel really mesh/grow into his position on the LEC crew as being an occasional shithead without it feeling awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWKBxZUJro&t=291s

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsyby2svLDQ

Christ

EG, Dig, Imt, CLG, GG, probably Fly voted for this, really sad. Just roll back franchising and get these poo poo orgs out again.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

esports being bankrolled by venture capitalists and creating an environment that favors them over the players is the least surprising thing ever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsyby2svLDQ

Christ

EG, Dig, Imt, CLG, GG, probably Fly voted for this, really sad. Just roll back franchising and get these poo poo orgs out again.

i guess at least we can finally drop the facade of NA teams caring about anything other than brand building and marketability

i've always held on to an irrational hope about NA's prospects through thick and thin but this more-or-less shoots any hope of regional talent development right in the temple. it really is just gonna be a retirement home for former pros to help teams move more merch

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

NA’s commitment to not even giving itself a chance at a future as a credible region is unendingly hilarious.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/IAmGrza/status/1405700484913008644

:psyduck:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The depths of the comedy region never cease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Some of those strong reactions were a bit premature huh.