Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Hell yes

What a journey for DRX

Super happy for Deft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Gwen useless pick yup

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Keria :smith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
wow they didn't even kill Aatrox , lmao

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Keria oh god :smith:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a loving emotional heartripper of a conclusion, i'm in tears

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
:unsmith:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
All the way from playins, they earned it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
first pick karma game 5 of world finals, ok

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

All the way from playins, they earned it

think about how many moments happened during that series that would've sent the average player's mental off to the moon and they still won it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

honestly have no idea how riot will top that next year

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Honestly DRX taking it is a fitting end and both teams played incredibly but man, poor keria

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

WHAT IS THIS MEDIA BREAK, GIVE ME THE PLAYERS

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
After they reverse swept EDG post-inhibitor I guess it was meant to be.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

CODChimera posted:

honestly have no idea how riot will top that next year

Good news they’re focusing on Valorant

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Fraud outcome tbh

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Keria oh god :smith:

looks like the adrenaline caught up to him. man it sucks, he played so well

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BeryL with 3 straight finals appearences, winning 2, all with his insane playstyle. What a player

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

xcV?b;.bnkmsd'f;glghjks;'dlfbnjm'sdfl;gkjmhbg'/s;dlfjkmghs
;'dfcvlb
XC
V"?bl;ncdx

This is the sound I made, yes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really wanted to see Faker get his 4th title and just cement himself even further as the goat.
What a loving hearbreak

On the other hand DRX played their loving hearts out and I'm glad Deft finally got the trophy.

And Aatrox is broken

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What an atrociously bad intermission, holy poo poo, just leave the feed going and show us DRX hugging what the gently caress are you doing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
This year was the run of dreams, next years storyline can be skt's 4th win

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Excited for the T1 fans' trucks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i mean you can't feel too bad, i'm happy for deft, but man... gently caress that last draft.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

And Aatrox is broken

Globally I think no matter who you were rooting for, everyone can agree on that :hmmyes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

NA Crowd, I swear to god, if you filter out of the venue while DRX enjoy this moment, I will vilify you forever

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Honestly DRX taking it is a fitting end and both teams played incredibly but man, poor keria

the violent contrast between triumph and tragedy is what makes great sports so enduring

that finals will never be topped, mark my words. it's not just how it played out, but the unbelievable narrative weight behind it: the two kids from mapo high, one of whom was always forgotten behind the rank 1 player until he finally found a way ten years down the road to best him

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i cannot reasonably be upset with deft finally getting a worlds trophy. absoltuely incredible games

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Vermain posted:

the violent contrast between triumph and tragedy is what makes great sports so enduring

that finals will never be topped, mark my words. it's not just how it played out, but the unbelievable narrative weight behind it: the two kids from mapo high, one of whom was always forgotten behind the rank 1 player until he finally found a way ten years down the road to best him

Riot will use that material for YEARS and the legend will only grow.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Give me that deft interview

Caros
May 14, 2008

How was that even a thing and not the overly sappy ending to The Mighty Ducks: DRX

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Deft :unsmith:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Globally I think no matter who you were rooting for, everyone can agree on that :hmmyes:

The fact that at one point in game 5 kingen tried to legitimately 1v4 and it almost worked when he wasn't even that fed was mindblowing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My god, it got real dusty in here real quick

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stux posted:

i cannot reasonably be upset with deft finally getting a worlds trophy. absoltuely incredible games

probably one of the most eminently rewatchable worlds series out there, like i can't even think of the words needed to describe what it felt like to see DRX win that game 5 fight and then immediately have baron sniped away

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Vermain posted:

probably one of the most eminently rewatchable worlds series out there, like i can't even think of the words needed to describe what it felt like to see DRX win that game 5 fight and then immediately have baron sniped away

I felt this way watching the Cubs in the World Series tbh. I’m having those same emotions and yelling in my house early in the morning.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Vermain posted:

Allow me.

"What the gently caress! Are you loving kidding me! How does this keep happening!"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jeesun with the cheaky break for gravitas of Deft's statement :lol:

Get the gently caress in

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this was a pretty huge loving victory for all of DRX, really:
  • deft obviously got his worlds trophy after a long and incredibly storied career
  • zeka got touched by the divine somewhere between summer and worlds and has become a truly incredible midlaner. guy beat loving chovy in lane and kept up with faker tit for tat nearly every game
  • kingen can confidently say he's the best top at worlds. aside from one or two fumbles he was a massive carry presence in all three of their wins
  • beryl's one of the all time great KR supports with another finals appearance and trophy under his belt
  • pyosik had some, um, questionable moments, but he finally achieved his dream of getting a good kindred skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, we're in for a Pyosik victory dance