Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
whenever wong fei hung's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's wong fei hung?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Gutcruncher posted:

Actually you’ll find that God exists in the hearts of all living creatures and therefore appears in every film ever made

Yeah sorry Wong Fei-hung but there are at least 200 movies in the Jesus Christ franchise and can still open up the search to a lot of things and have it technically count, I think this list just cuts off at 200

Disappointing but should've been obvious

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
crouching tiger was the first pirated movie I saw because someone gave my dad a burned dvd of it

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Cubone posted:

whenever wong fei hung's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's wong fei hung?"

honestly this is what hong kong cinema was like for a couple decades

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stink Billyums posted:

honestly this is what hong kong cinema was like for a couple decades

See also Miyamoto Musashi in Japanese film and TV.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I mean those are good movies, but goddamn how have you not seen Crouching Tiger?

That's, like, THE moviest movie. They used to send DVDs of it in the mail with free samples of Tide.

my memory of how this happened is, the matrix came out, and everybody was going like "aw, they're just doing what chinese cinema has been doing for decades!" (except for my chinese family for some reason, I guess we're not a proud lot) and then crouching tiger came out like "here's the REAL poo poo" and it was some lady tip-toeing across the tips of trees in an obviously floaty and ridiculous way and i was like "ok. that's fine. no i believe you, i don't need to see. its fine"

I still don't know anything about that movie except that a lady tiptoes across treetops

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ive thoroughly tapped RLM content 19 or 20 times over so i tried this lindsay ellis person out, and she did that thing that online reviewers do where it hard cuts back from a long point they've made to them staring disgruntily into the camera and then they take a big swig of beer/alcohol/etc and go OKAY and then things continue. i got so furious i started screaming and making GBS threads myself.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Porg Lady and Cancelled Lady are bad, that's my supernova hot take.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

they are both fine actually

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drunken Master Cinematic Universe

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

super sweet best pal posted:

Drunken Master Cinematic Universe

marvel already has iron man though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

That DICK! posted:

ive thoroughly tapped RLM content 19 or 20 times over so i tried this lindsay ellis person out, and she did that thing that online reviewers do where it hard cuts back from a long point they've made to them staring disgruntily into the camera and then they take a big swig of beer/alcohol/etc and go OKAY and then things continue. i got so furious i started screaming and making GBS threads myself.

The taint of the Nostalgia Critic House Style runs deep

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

marvel already has iron man though

:eyepop:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Porg Lady is a mentally ill child

Cancelled Lady fist fights cops and is my parasocial internet mom

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Have the respect to use their real names: Rey and Admiral Holdo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah sorry Wong Fei-hung but there are at least 200 movies in the Jesus Christ franchise and can still open up the search to a lot of things and have it technically count, I think this list just cuts off at 200

Disappointing but should've been obvious

Jesus vs. Barugon was the best one

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

did Jenny join RLM or what

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Dabir posted:

yes

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
when's RLM going to spend a month watching 46 david decoteau movies?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You can't convince me Jenny isn't just Jack in a wig doing a bit about how broke-brained youtubers are.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how could they possibly narrow it down to only 46 David Decoteau movies?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

sweet geek swag posted:

A Christmas Carol isn't really about what Scrooge deserves or doesn't deserve though. Existing is enough for him to deserve divine intervention because the story is about the intrinsic goodness of humanity. He isn't a fundamentally bad person he's just a fundamentally unhappy one, and he takes that unhappiness out on others.

Yeah there's no specific inciting incident, it's more just he's a miserable person who hates everyone and will die soon. Actually I guess it's also implied that this is sort of the inflection point where if he doesn't give Bob a raise his kid will die.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yes she owned twitter hyenas, but I'm still not going to watch her videos

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

Yes she owned twitter hyenas, but I'm still not going to watch her videos

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dabir posted:

The day that happens, I’ll cancel my €300 a month Patreon to the boys.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
the irony of posting this in the i don't like a thing thread

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

steinrokkan posted:

the irony of posting this in the i don't like a thing thread

also he just called the thing in question his mom

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think she's at least slightly self-aware of it

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1390522562275282953

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
TFW you discover you are a literal cartoon character.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Roger Rabbit sequel looking p dark

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cubone posted:

according to wikipedia the winner is something called Wong Fei-hung, with 80 films

congratulations, Wong Fei-hung

I find it weird that most of these long series are Japanese superhero type characters, a lot of cowboy stuff, but not any Indian movie. I guess Bollywood is not big on serialize their popular and cheap to make characters?

Also when I got the 29, I saw Marvel movies. If they count MCU as 1 series I am sure it will get to 81 movies in like 10 years. Good luck holding your lead Ultraman and Wong Fei-Hong!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

poisonpill posted:

So a New Mutants situation where it never comes out?

New Mutants came out.

Did you not see New Mutants?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

New Mutants came out.

I saw it. It bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dabir posted:

They have a very unfortunate single degree of separation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

stephenthinkpad posted:

I find it weird that most of these long series are Japanese superhero type characters, a lot of cowboy stuff, but not any Indian movie. I guess Bollywood is not big on serialize their popular and cheap to make characters?

Also when I got the 29, I saw Marvel movies. If they count MCU as 1 series I am sure it will get to 81 movies in like 10 years. Good luck holding your lead Ultraman and Wong Fei-Hong!

That Ultraman list is out of date. It stops at the Ultraman Orb movie but Ultraman Geed, Ultraman R/B, and Ultraman Taiga got movies too. Ultraman Z didn't get a movie but that was a weird situation because of Covid.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

New Mutants came out.

:chanpop::chanpop::chanpop:

It's on HBO???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gripweed posted:

New Mutants came out.

Not only did it come out, they talked about it on HITB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yQ-4EPXVrM&t=799s

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

the right call

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
when my internet based movie critics drink alcohol, it should be followed only by genuinely miserable silence; because they truly want to die and the alcohol is not part of a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
*takes a big swig of beer*
OK