Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Taintrunner posted:

I only watch movies that pass the reverse-bechdel test!!!

Two men who only talk about women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Where every interaction between men is about a woman?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

They should invite the Canadians back for another BotW, but instead it’s Space Cop three times in a row.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Worst of the Worst

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Space Cop Spotlight starring the Canadians, the Blair Witch guy, and the Horse Ninja guy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cubone posted:

I can't speak to the quality because I've pnly seen maybe a dozen episodes of tng but literally all watching the orville did was make me think of tng

As far as I can tell this was the intent. Seth MacFarlane is successful and well connected enough to get Fox to pay him to cosplay TNG. If you really liked TNG and somehow haven't watched that much of it, you'll probably like his show.

It's hard to be mad at Seth MacFarlane for making Star Trek that he likes the only way they'll let him, without the Star Trek brand.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Max Landis strapped to the Clockwork Orange chair forced to watch Space Cop until the end of time

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

can't because I got conned into signing up for yet another streaming service jsut so I can watch a fuckin' nicolas cage movie

If it's Willy's Wonderland supposedly he doesn't have any/many lines, which probably takes away some of the fun.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Cubone posted:

I watched two episodes of the orville and I don't know how anybody could not see the tngvoyager

1) alien civilization's values conflict with your own in an interesting way, creating a moral conflict poops are purple!!! we can use them as fuel!!! lol!!!
2) negotiations fail and the conflict becomes a stand-offbunch of confused, fast-talking dick jokes
3) tie in some personal drama with one or two of the main cast members, then one of them farts to break the tension... awkward!!!!
4) captain... what if we amplified the neutronic field frequency to stabilize the magnetic pulse? we could use the same technology from roboboy's synthetic wiener on the ship's phasers and restart the graviton core enough that it can run on its own power. it's like how old earth mechanics used to jumpstart old internal combustion earth engines back on old earth. Overly Self-aware Token Black Character: Ayo, that sounds crazy and I don't know wutchu sayin' but let's do it Cap!!
5) this solved this problem, but the essential moral dilemma still remains. I gaze ponderingly out into the vast field of stars and an uncertain but hopeful future and then fart
6) unconsenting child genital mutilation is *actually* culture, everyone!!

I can't speak to the quality because I've pnly seen maybe a dozen episodes of tng but literally all watching the orville did was make me think of tng

fixed, and I won't talk about it anymore because this is a boring derail and it's okay to have your own opinions

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's one thing that bugs me about the elisa lam thing but I decided to wait for the internet fervor to die down before I brought it up, hoping to get some level-headed perspective on it once all the crazies had moved on

I have been waiting 8 years

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Cubone posted:

literally all watching the orville did was make me think of tng
Mike has this but with everything and so do I

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I consider this rude

those are not the words I typed

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Cubone posted:

I consider this rude

those are not the words I typed

But enough about the Snyder cut

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

luchajones posted:

This is the RLM thread. It has no room for women!

Sometimes the joshposting goes too far

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

just watched kid detective and it was good. mike really overhyped the ending but otherwise really worth it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i laughed for like 15 seconds in the opening scene. definitely a kind of humor that is on my wavelength. not at the end yet

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

yeah i laughed quite a bit

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
your dad is gay!

(the humor in this line comes from what it says about the character who says it, for those who haven't watched yet. fwiw)

Mozi fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 12, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Snyder. Cut!

Snyder. Cut!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, thought it was pretty good too. Got some decent laughs out of me, which is saying something since Hollywood has collectively forgotten how to make a decent comedy in the last 10 years apparently.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo I’m barely into willy’s wonderland and this movie loving goes so hard

Edit: I finished Willy’s Wonderland and it was just okay. Very repetitive and not a lot really happens. Honestly I started to fall asleep before the end.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 13, 2021

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Taintrunner posted:

I only watch movies that pass the bechamel test. That is, they gotta be saucy as hell.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

Someone on twitter floated the idea of just replacing her with Lucy Lawless and just continuing on like nothing changed and I am fully onboard.
https://twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1360345910723579907

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

She’s too good for star wars tbh :haw:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

The true Queen.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
She was in Xena, which i did not watch, and and episode of Curb. She do anything else?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

luchajones posted:

She was in Xena, which i did not watch, and and episode of Curb. She do anything else?

Yes.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

luchajones posted:

She got her boobies out in Spartacus.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

luchajones posted:

She’s was a recurring character on Battlestar Galatica and had a threesome with Gaius.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/DanielWienerson/status/1360434820199817220

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

luchajones posted:

Ash VS Evil Dead

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Battlestar Galactica, too.
She's pretty great and while she's had a nice and solid career in genre fiction, I can't help but feel like she should have been bigger than she was/is.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
She played a dominatrix in EuroTrip.....

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Starting to feel like the sitcom parts of WandaVision are just wheel-spinning at this point. How many more eps they got to fill?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

mallratcal posted:

She got her boobies out in Spartacus.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I can't help but feel like she should have been bigger

they were fine

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lucy Lawless was great in Spartacus

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXmVr9krlqI

Her best role.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Taintrunner posted:

Holy poo poo I’m barely into willy’s wonderland and this movie loving goes so hard

Edit: I finished Willy’s Wonderland and it was just okay. Very repetitive and not a lot really happens. Honestly I started to fall asleep before the end.

This post was a journey.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If half of a movie is going to be slow, that needs to be the first half. A movie that slowly builds up the plot and then steps on the gas for a third act where everything goes to hell and doesn't stop until the end is way more enjoyable than a movie that fizzles out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

If a movie isnt blowing poo poo up, someone in the movie should be blowing someone else.