Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

I have no clue what movie they were watching on the original show but I still remember decades later howling at "They're running out of ALT!" when it cut to a plane's altimeter as it went down.

Pretty sure this was Time Chasers where some Castleton snob turns a Cessna into a time machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mozi posted:

when i was lonely i watched mst3krlm and pretended they wereare my friends :unsmith:

:smith:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yesterday I spent like 2 hours looking for sites that make personalized shot glass. Since RLM stopped their bandcamp site and have never restocked their shot glasses run, I wanted to make a RLM shot glasses myself.

If you look at their videos now, it seems they've outsourced their merch to TeeSpring, which doesn't do shot glasses or bottle openers. Those pieces of merch may one day be collectors' items.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I have no clue what movie they were watching on the original show but I still remember decades later howling at "They're running out of ALT!" when it cut to a plane's altimeter as it went down.

One of my favorites was in Invasion of the Neptune Men, where the camera cuts to a shot of a wall with two clocks on it, and Crow wearily asks "What times are it?"

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
In 2037, some adult zoomer will have a TikTok named "Manchild destroys obscure boomer memorablia" video with RLM merch.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Galewolf posted:

In 2037, some adult zoomer will have a TikTok named "Manchild destroys obscure boomer memorablia" video with RLM merch.

Wow, you mean those film critics from back in the days when the average length of a video complaining about a movie wasn’t even 3 hours?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

LanceHunter posted:

When I hear people talking about how the Netflix MST3K was going too fast with their riffs, I think this is the real source of their complaint. The original show had a very strong hang-out vibe, that gave an aura of being around friends who were cracking jokes. The new seasons (at least, the first new season) was a lot more about getting in a high volume of good jokes. And honestly, they succeeded in that. The joke quality and quantity was higher on the Netflix version than in the original. But it lost that hang-out vibe. It was more like being at a comedy club instead of sitting at a table with some funny people. As others have mentioned, the corrected a fair amount in the second Netflix season, and it will be interesting to see how they will take things in this new version.

Pierce Hawthorne:
Change! Time to change the channel! This guy'll be begging for change soon, he keeps making movies this terrible! We should change to something good, this movie stinks! We should change his diaper. That's change we can believe in!

Abed:
[Abed hits pause] Okay, it's obvious something strange is happening here.

Pierce Hawthorne:
What are you talking about? I'm making jokes during a movie.

Troy:
Yeah, but you're doing it with the speed and determination of the incomparable Robin Williams.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

same :smith:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Gutcruncher posted:

Wow, you mean those film critics from back in the days when the average length of a video complaining about a movie wasn’t even 3 hours?

2037: Movies will all be over four hours and all YouTube critics about said movies will be three hours for the short ones and six hours for the deep dives.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You are kidding, but Youtube is still trying to get me to watch some dipshit's 8 hour "critique" of Morrowind.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

You are kidding, but Youtube is still trying to get me to watch some dipshit's 8 hour "critique" of Morrowind.

If it's Lord of the Rings length, the score better be great. Better be loving soaring at the big climax where the dude compares elf titty size to other Elder Scroll games.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

steinrokkan posted:

8 hours for a game you can beat in like 7 minutes?

Edit:

3 minutes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:smith:

----

Anyway I watched They Live for the first time ever recently and :iia:. But lol the main dude just walked in into a bank, did a mass shooting and a day later nobody cares anymore.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

When I hear people talking about how the Netflix MST3K was going too fast with their riffs, I think this is the real source of their complaint. The original show had a very strong hang-out vibe, that gave an aura of being around friends who were cracking jokes. The new seasons (at least, the first new season) was a lot more about getting in a high volume of good jokes. And honestly, they succeeded in that. The joke quality and quantity was higher on the Netflix version than in the original. But it lost that hang-out vibe. It was more like being at a comedy club instead of sitting at a table with some funny people. As others have mentioned, the corrected a fair amount in the second Netflix season, and it will be interesting to see how they will take things in this new version.

sure dude as long as you shut the gently caress up about how you want to bone the host

I hope you're getting paid for this poo poo, no one thinks it's cool

Victis fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 8, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sydney Bottocks posted:

One of my favorites was in Invasion of the Neptune Men, where the camera cuts to a shot of a wall with two clocks on it, and Crow wearily asks "What times are it?"

similarly when the clocks run backwards in prince of space “now lunch won’t be be til yesterday!!:argh:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

similarly when the clocks run backwards in prince of space “now lunch won’t be be til yesterday!!:argh:

"Do the Japanese practice 'just in time' railroad repair?"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
heart poundin
veins cloggin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BysG97B5YM

~~~meatballs fried in lard!!!~~~

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
.... jamocha.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

me raiding the fridge at 2am

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I got to see their live riff of Reefer Madness in person! It was so cool! All the guys were there along with SA bigwig Rich “Lowtax” Kya....oh gently caress never mind.

There goes another good anecdote :(

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

I had that dude in my recommendations as well, lmao

But I do like the multi-hour Noah Caldwell-Gervais game critiques, great for falling asleep to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsIXA8lNZc

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Space Kablooey posted:

Anyway I watched They Live for the first time ever recently and :iia:. But lol the main dude just walked in into a bank, did a mass shooting and a day later nobody cares anymore.

Prescient.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

I got to see their live riff of Reefer Madness in person! It was so cool! All the guys were there along with SA bigwig Rich “Lowtax” Kya....oh gently caress never mind.

There goes another good anecdote :(

TBF the animated shorts made from Lauren Kyanka's kid ramblings were really funny, but I guess the credit with those goes mainly to Lauren and Shmorky.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Victis posted:

sure dude as long as you shut the gently caress up about how you want to bone the host

what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Victis posted:

Shut up sleeveless

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jigsaw_quotes/status/1380219782679568385?s=20

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Hello, Zapp. Uh,

Zepp.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

your whole life you've sat back and washtish others. watchtd. watchedt? watchedt as otters

your whole live yoof

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When are we getting another Howard the Duck

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shinjobi posted:

I just watched the '86 movie and it's so bad it's good. Not sure how to improve on that.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
horny for duck tits

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Howard the Duck is already the perfect film.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Shinjobi posted:

he's already appeared in three MCU movies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does Lea Thompson make out with the duck puppet at the end?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
James Gunn wants to make a Howard the Duck movie so bad, you can tell.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Howard the Duck was one of my favorite movies as a small child so it was kinda weird to revisit and see that he was a jism-mopper at a gently caress palace.

I still like the movie. It manages to stay interesting the whole way through, it's loving weird as hell, and it's one of the last movies to do high budget stop motion animation so the monster at the end looks loving incredible.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I’d love to have an all night sushi diner in my town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Anyone want to bet an avatar change on if we're getting a howard the duck disney+ special before the end of the decade?