Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I never watched a GI Joe movie except I walked in on the last 10 minutes or so of the second one in the break room at work.

The movie ends with the rock being awarded for stopping the bad guys. He’s presented with a wooden box containing a pistol and a plaque. Okay that’s a pretty standard trophy type deal.

The rock reaches into the box and grabs the gun. With his finger firmly on the trigger. Says something dramatic. He then fires the gun over the heads of the onlookers. Credits roll.

I was appalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Gutcruncher posted:

I never watched a GI Joe movie except I walked in on the last 10 minutes or so of the second one in the break room at work.

The movie ends with the rock being awarded for stopping the bad guys. He’s presented with a wooden box containing a pistol and a plaque. Okay that’s a pretty standard trophy type deal.

The rock reaches into the box and grabs the gun. With his finger firmly on the trigger. Says something dramatic. He then fires the gun over the heads of the onlookers. Credits roll.

I was appalled.

:lmao:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LanceHunter posted:

If you were prime age for watching the cartoons, you are way (way) outside the demographic they care about now. They want the current batch of 8-14 year old kids to get interested in the franchise, so they're going to show things that appeal to them.

Ah that makes sense, although I have my doubts about how successful they will be. My son is 9 and all he and his friends are into is pokemon and roblox.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Fortnite movie when?

Wasn't there a FNAF movie in production before COVID?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

My Face When posted:

Fortnite movie when?

Wasn't there a FNAF movie in production before COVID?

You're a little late on the FNAF news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livSYU_jwCw

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

There was just that Nick Cage movie that was a spin on FNAF too right

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

rydiafan posted:

All of you fuckers fail for not listing Roger Corman as one of the greatest living directors.

Man can turn $23 and a wig into a profitable film, and he still has the best Fantastic Four movie (I know he only produced that one, but still).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUuTJW269M

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

discovery is merging with WarnerMedia? DC Universe crossover with zak baggins spookyverse confirmed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

rydiafan posted:

All of you fuckers fail for not listing Roger Corman as one of the greatest living directors.

Man can turn $23 and a wig into a profitable film, and he still has the best Fantastic Four movie (I know he only produced that one, but still).

Corman knows how to make fun, dumb schlock and it's a dying art. The problem these days is most filmmakers think they're above that, with rare exceptions like the Psycho Goreman people. The only superhero movies I've enjoyed in the last decade were the ones that actually had fun with the concept instead of being made by The Smartest People In The Room.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

roger corman's still alive?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

I’m as shocked as you

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is Roger Corman the boobs guy

Oh wait that was Russ Meyer, the GOAT

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cowcaster posted:

Yup. He's definitely slowed down. He only has one project in production right now.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Gutcruncher posted:

I was appalled.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

priznat posted:

Is Roger Corman the boobs guy

Oh wait that was Russ Meyer, the GOAT

Roger Ebert was the boobs guy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

General Dog posted:

Roger Ebert was the boobs guy

He was as well but Russ Meyer was his boob buddy

Meyer (and ebert) ruled because they were horn dogs without being creepy dudes

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

My Face When posted:

Fortnite movie when?

It's the opposite. People look at the new movies coming out and say "when's this going to be in Fortnite?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/lancehenriksen/status/1394276215175983109?s=20

Gonna watch Frailty in his memory.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watch True Lies and Twister.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXa1R2e4a8

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He didn't direct those!

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Got my 2nd moderna today and wanted to look up what the hell was actually set to come out this summer until I came across the words "Ben Affleck as king charles vi" and decided eh maybe I'd better not.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Go back and demand that they syringe the vaccine back out of you

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Space Kablooey posted:

what if we had a curated stream of movies by someone that is paid for doing it, and then the service would fit them in predetermined time slots. That way you won't have the choice paralysis of Netflix and such, and you can build your daily schedule around those slots

You could make a series of "channels" for these curated movie streams, each with a different theme. Like history, sci-fi and so-on.

FlickWilson
Apr 24, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

FlickWilson posted:

I can't believe no one posted this:

Also endless trash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jE4WTJBnWU&feature=emb_title

Edit: And aparently it is out in theatres now since yesterday

ICYMI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cameron movies always have these weird alt endings that make you question a lot of his competence

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

magiccarpet posted:

Cameron movies always have these weird alt endings that make you question a lot of his competence

He’s just one of those guys that needs someone to say No and help focus him. A bit like someone else we love and also hate.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mike??

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

I often wonder if they really put the finishing touches on alternate endings. I feel like they decide on the real ending early in the editing process and you get like the first draft as an extra. Unless it's like a director's cut thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

One of the Polonia brothers is getting into mockbusters that make the Asylum's look like the real movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLWRqcVx0Cw

And it's getting a bluray release from SRS Cinema, so the bluray cover might be a bit misleading as to the quality of the film.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gripweed posted:

One of the Polonia brothers is getting into mockbusters that make the Asylum's look like the real movies

And it's getting a bluray release from SRS Cinema, so the bluray cover might be a bit misleading as to the quality of the film.

That was some primo knock-off Vangelis in there

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gripweed posted:

:lol: Making a mockbuster of DUNC, which is gonna flop hard.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I saw one of Mark Polonia's shark movies recently and it's amazing to me that he has never gotten any better at making movies from when he first started,

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
DUNC WORLD YES

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

jeeves posted:

DUNC WORLD YES

DUNC world is the 2043 soft reboot of DUNC

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I watched turtle dreams tonight. It was fascinating. The eyes on the woman on the left looked so weird.

The music haunts my sleep.

I went to stor stor stoooorrrrrr

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Randarkman posted:

Me and some friends watched Roar this weekend. I have never seen anything else like that. I think I understand Culk-slave needing a Xanax now.

xanax guy sucks but i did not judge him for his reaction to roar. it is hard to watch. people are getting mauled irl by lions and the dialogue is usually “hahahaha its ok. they are playing. hahaha.” poo poo is gaslighting: the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
THATS MY BOAT. IM TAKING IT