Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The character cruel devil who’s main story is that she wants to kill and skin puppies. Actually she’s a misunderstood anti hero genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m not hear you defend woody Allen but it’s pretty clear the people talking about hating woody Allen movies have never actually seen one.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also Bananas is a very funny movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
People who hate the original dune but are going to like the new dune are probably the most boring people on earth.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LanceHunter posted:

The real thing keeping BotW unique is that it’s a loving insane amount of work to do. Full, long day of shooting, then 1 to 2 weeks of full-time editing. You’ll notice that even other YouTube shows that do the “friends watch and discuss bad movie(s)” pretty much always stick to just doing one movie per episode (like FilmJoy’s Deep Dive) and often only film the discussion so they don’t all have to watch the movie at the same time (GoodBad or BadBad).

Yeah you get to somewhat go on the journey with them. When you see something insane happen in a movie you’re seeing them react alongside you it really helps the experience.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think the Snyder cut is going to be good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I'm starting to get that vibe too. Or at least if not "good", it will at least be impressive and compelling in a unique way.

Yeah when I say good I mean at the very least it will have a clear vision and look to it and will be more ambitious than most comic book movie output. It will still be juvenile and lame but imo that is what comic book movies should be to begin with.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think it’s just nice to see something with any sort of ambition.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly hating Snyder at this point is hack. He’s an artist who was able to make exactly what he wanted and the studio has spent millions to allow it to happen. He won, good for him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mallratcal posted:

No he's poo poo and it's good to rip on his garbage.

Nah it’s boring. At least there’s a dude who seems to care about his films rather than the cynical marvel poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean I really don’t care about making fun of his heavy handed symbolism or anything. I think he makes stupid juvenile movies. But I don’t think that’s a bad thing. People saying he makes the worst movies ever are just making me laugh when something like the new Tom and Jerry exists.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve always said about Snyder that he’s a D+ student who tries his best to be an A+ student. At least he’s trying.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Have you guys even seen the trailer for Tom and Jerry? I don’t even think any of the actors were ever In the same room as each other when filming. I wouldn’t be shocked to hear that the actors were just deep fakes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rydiafan posted:

The dud who made Ben and Arthur cared about it. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

That movie was magical.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
You guys know it’s possible to like and enjoy something with it not being technically good right? Isn’t that what best of the worst is about?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Right but you're enjoying it because of the incompetence or ridiculousness. When say the CD folks defend Snyder's stuff or say the prequels are good they think they're legitimately well made films.

Either way I’m enjoying it. The technicalities don’t interest me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If I gain any kind of enjoyment out of it. I think it makes it a good movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

You just said you can enjoy a movie without it being good.

I said technically good. Me thinking it’s good is completely subjective. And if I’m getting something out of it I’d say it succeeds a lot more than most
Things being made.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
And I say this as a person who absolutely despised man of steel, but again when comparing Snyder to the modern crop of directors making big budget blockbusters. I’d rather him do it than most other people. He has a clear consistent vision and cares about what he’s making. Marvel movies are directed by boardrooms and focus groups. Even if his movies are sloppy and juvenile they at least attempt something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mallratcal posted:

All fine and reasonable. But crying for people to stop making fun of the movie (or director) you like isn't going to accomplish anything.

If there is fun to be made then it will drat well be made!!

I mean I was never crying about that at all. It’s just kind of hack at this point. The dude won.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also I think we should call any and all directors cut the Snyder cut from here on out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bow your heads and pray for zack's blessing. the reading today is from the gospal of quinn, chapter 6: "and lo did the lord, joker christ, preach upon to the peoples "we live in a society""

Legit church would rule if it was this.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Fun fact: the best movie is Mortal Kombat (1995) and I'm hyped for the new one because if it's bad it's probably great.

95 mortal kombat was the only good video game movie ever made because it had all the characters and they all did their moves.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Reality Protester posted:

it also helps that it was based on the first Mortal Kombat (playable characters: 7) and not the bloated mythology they developed. Mortal Kombat Annihilation isnt nearly as good.

Yeah Annihilation was one of those moments as a kid where I realized I could be disappointed in a movie. That and Batman and Robin.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Klowner posted:

Don't make the mistake of confusing good fortune with talent. There are a lot of directors out there with passion and vision. Snyder happens to be the one who won the lottery. You don't have to make excuses for a subpar artist who got lucky

Again I’m comparing him to the modern crop of directors. I’d much rather watch a Zach Snyder movie than a Nolan movie any day of the week.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

colonelwest posted:

Nolan also is drowning in his own ego. But he has a lot more talent to back it up than Snyder. Nolan actually pulled off a good gritty superhero movie that could say something intelligent about society. Snyder is on his fourth try, and couldn’t even make it work with Watchmen when the story was already written out for him.

He made a good gritty superhero movie until he got to the third act and the dark knight rises.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I’m down for doink to be the new joker.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CODChimera posted:

:same: but i always have pretty low expectations for these sorts of things. also i can't remember the original one, was Joker even in it? no idea

I saw the original one but I don’t remember if I remember it correctly because I was extremely fuckin high. But based on the new trailer it really feels like it’s like 90 percent new footage. I will say though the hardest I ever laughed in a theater was the close up of Superman’s digital face because they had to cgi his mustache off and also the scene where the flash and cyborg dig up Superman’s grave.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Have you not yet become aware of the terrible reality that there's like 2 good episodes a season that everyone remembers while ignoring rest of the dumb schlock?

The schlock is what makes TNG great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love the people in this thread who get offended at people hating current and new media because they’re aging millennials who want to feel like they’re still in touch with culture at large. Which in itself is laughable because younger generations haven’t watched traditional media in years. Tv and film are dying mediums and on top of it, don’t ever make anything good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I agree

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just pop your popcorn on the stove.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d say the first Daredevil series was better than WV but it definitely had its share of crap as well

I think the second season of daredevil was better than the first because they just leaned into being schlock and had gangs of ninjas running around and punisher sniping people. It was tight.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
There was an episode of the justice league cartoon where the justice league goes back to the golden age of hero’s and it seems like they did the wandavision concept way better.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

reignofevil posted:

Most episodes of Justice League kicked rear end. That was one of them.

I was less happy with Justice League Unlimited, not enough batman!

Unlimited was a fun show. But I def prefer the original show. I liked the two parters and they usually had really fun poo poo happening. The episode where they go back to WW2 to fight vandal savage who froze hitler to become hitler was awesome, and a better Wonder Woman movie than Wonder Woman.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

luchajones posted:

What is with this thread and children shows

I mean we can talk what we’re watching on criterion channel too. I recommend watching Loves of A Blonde. One of Milos foreman early films and it’s really good. I also just got Miracle Mile on blu Ray and I’m pretty stoked there’s actually a quality version of it now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chungking Express, Killing of a Chinese Bookie, and Breathless are in my queue for the weekend.

Since you got breathless on there check out weekend. It’s when Godard transitioned out of French new wave and went full on crazy. Weekend is so mean and funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

luchajones posted:

Does The Game really deserve its Criterion release?

Eh I don’t think so but Fincher movies will always sell for them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yeah, it's an okay movie, but Criterion tends to release a lot of directors' early stuff in hopes of landing the big fish some day.

Like you can tell they're dying to get their hands on more Kubrick, Scorsese, Fincher, De Palma, etc.

What breaks my heart is they released Multiple Maniacs, Female Trouble, and Polyester, but New Line won't budge on the rights to Pink Flamingos.

Which is annoying because what is new line even doing with Pink Flamingos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wall-e is legit trash. It’s fun for about 10 minutes then it just devolves into robots being cute for an hour and a half. Up though is way worst than wall e. They didn’t have enough faith that a house floating with balloons was whimsical enough so they threw in a tacked on villain and talking dogs.