Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy new year, thread.

Let's discuss anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
whats the DEAL with maclunkey?>??????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fantastic Beasts 2 was so bad I had a great time

Everyone in it was awful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bonaventure posted:

briefly dated a 35 year old woman who was Potter-poisoned. one of my friends said a disparaging word about Kreacher and she got legitimately upset. Star Wars fans are more stable

It's true. When I worked at a movie theater the worst customers were always the Harry Potter fans. Worst crowds you'd ever work. Saw someone come in at 1pm on a Wednesday demanding to see the midnight showing that didn't air until late Thursday night. She had gotten her concept of time all sorts of hosed up, and instead of just going "oh, my bad" she proceeded to angrily shout down a manager for 5 minutes until the manager finally shouted back and told her to leave before he cancelled her ticket.

He did not have a mechanism to actually do this, but the threat worked and the crazy lady retreated for the day. Just bonkers poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hugo sucked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Groovelord Neato posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog didn't have grades...

Sonic Adventure did

unfortunately

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am going to watch giant cg monkey fight giant cg lizard and I am going to eat a popcorn too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Excuse me, you meant to say smah-owg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eastbound Spider posted:

Out of his seat TO TAKE A poo poo

Shut up you gently caress!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In RLM adjacent news

https://twitter.com/1jcmaxwell/status/1353852753408307200?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Still laughing at the idea of an abortion clinic/brothel combo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Good soup! posted:

Whose Line could be absolutely hilarious imo but you shouldn't always skip the singing because some of the best moments have happened when they gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evos0WBCip8

That's some good poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want to hide somewhere where Zack Snyder can't hurt me anymore

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought the trailer blitz for promising young woman was the most annoying thing about it, and yet here we are.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Please reboot citizen Kane but the name of his sled is instead mcclunky

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
YAAS QUEEN SPEAK YOUR TRUTH

aw poo poo no, don't say that

Seriously though, how many loving warnings do you think she got before this point? Any? I'd like to hope so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw Kid Detective and liked it.

That is my story.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bonaventure posted:

the scene in Twin Peaks Season 3 where Diane interviews Cooper's doppleganger and she is emotionally destroyed by their history of sexual violence and betrayal, but it's Velma and Scooby

ruh-roh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I started watching deep space nine and sisko's delivery on everything is worth watching on its own.

The rest of the cast is good, too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Picture if you will:

Zack Snyder's Citizen Kane

I am thinking about it and I wish I could see him try it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Now we're talking

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

LanceHunter posted:

Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer currently have a project in pre-production called "Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens the Last Jedi Who Went Rogue".

It'll be better than the last film though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ Garden State was awful

Who the gently caress liked it????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

colonelwest posted:

It came out in 2004, just as hipster/indie music culture was taking off. It struck all of the right cultural cords to become a hit. A lot of people I knew who wouldn’t shut up about it in HS and college mainly just liked the soundtrack.

I mean I know, but I'll never forget being in high school and seeing that movie with a girl I was seeing at the time that was waaaaaay more into the hipster/scene than I was. Even she didn't get what the big deal was.

Ah well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lister posted:

I seem to remember a lot of people posting online about how they connected with its theme of being medicated from a very young age if adults think your behavior isn't normal. It turns out a lot of kids in the US are put on drugs that maybe they shouldn't have been, and then they grow up and have emotional issues.

Now that's an angle I hadn't heard before. Hey, might just be something there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I HOPE THE THREAD IS READY FOR SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 THE SEQUEL TO THE BEST MOVIE OF 2020, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE ROAD TRIPS AND CHILI DOG FART JOKES BUT THIS TIME THERE IS A FOX CHILD IN IT AND MAYBE THEY'LL REFERENCE ONE OF MY FAVORITE INTERNET MEMES

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The Sanic movie is on hulu and I put it on and the first 10 seconds of the movie were a freeze frame with a "yeah, that's me" narration so I turned it off.

Coward

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoyed all the Netflix Marvel stuff aside from Iron Fist season 1.

They were allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll fine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In the new Godzilla vs Kong movie there's a growing chance we are actually seeing Kong vs Mechagodzilla and if you thought this poo poo was stupid before shut the gently caress up and strap in cause we're on a bullet train of dumb and I am loving it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress yall King Kong is gonna unleash his Kong Arsenal and you're gonna realize how impossible it truly was that Mario stood even a snowball's chance against Donkey Kong

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Read even a single page of lore, you loving idiots

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I apologize for my tone but guys I am going to be weeping after Godzilla/Kong and I just know it

Finally a movie that shakes me to my core.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endless Trash posted:

I still watch new episodes of Family Guy. It’s me, I’m the one.

That's okay, your username makes for a fair warning

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hackers film 1995 posted:

the year is is 2070 and hackers film 1995 lies in a hospital bed, ravaged by the covid 50 virus. his 8 illegitimate children lean in as he utters his shameful, unforgivable final words, “i enjoyed space cop.”

the door blows off its hinges as Cyber Shinjobi 2054 arrives with chainsaw hands, screeching "space cop was good imo" over loudspeakers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Mods No Masters posted:

Say what you will about space cop, but at least it's not as embarrassing as star wars 9

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PostNouveau posted:

Will it be bad, I dunno let's check director Johannes Roberts' imdb

F

F

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in actual good-movie news len has secured hungarian charles bronson for his next project

https://twitter.com/killerwolffilms/status/1369756801638469638

Rad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will watch Solo: A Star Wars Story twice instead of watching Justice League again but 4 hours this time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not going to watch justice league again, synder cut or no. Congratulations for being better than Sucker Punch, Zack. Unfortunately it took you over four hours to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The only thing about Evolution that doesn't work so much nowadays is the love interest, but that's not a rare thing to find looking back so it's whatever.