Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ground floor of the new stars trek thread for manchildren who haven't been happy in 30 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sally posted:

mods give back my hack frauds gang tag

Mods, give me Sally's old hack frauds gang tag

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Reality Protester posted:

Star trek ... is recycled feces

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Death to 2020 on netflix is good

There's a lot of dud jokes early on but it gets really good.

Leslie Jones and Lisa Kudrow rule.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

I finally started watching the Mandalorian. I had heard people mention "The Bill Burr episode" and I can only assume it's because of racism that they didn't call it "The Richard Ayoade episode"

Me, normal: "Why's there a birthday clown in this bar?"

You, racist: "Why are you looking at the clown? Didn't you notice there's a [whispering] black guy?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

Yes, famously normal and not at all clownish person, Richard Ayoade

Where's his white face and red hair? :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Into The Mild posted:

Not all clowns

:jerkbag:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"It's all poo poo"

- my accurate review of star treks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Galewolf posted:

This thread attracts the weirdest goons, jaysus.

Actually it's pretty chill.

Take your pants off and cum a while.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WikiFeet.com/JayBauman

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Or just don't have Luke.

Like it's a fictional story. If something is dumb and bad you can rewrite it until it's not, or give up entirely.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Disagreements are meltdowns. Conflict is abuse. I am very smart.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Shut up, sleeveless.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
White people tricking themselves into thinking Bill Burr is racist is funny af.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

The whole point of the Bill Burr episode is how morality is relative to everyday people and that large institutions like the Empire and Republic are interchangeable, but even then, the Empire is worse because you have to remind yourself theyre still space nazis. The whole episode was building up this uncomfortable idea that the Republic and Empire are moral equivalents, with scrappy imperials fighting crazy pirate attacks and living an underdog existence in an old base where they celebrate any small win they can get. You've got heroic tie fighter rescues and normal people just happy to see at least one truck survived and a sense of camaraderie rarely shown for the Empire. You start thinking hey, maybe these guys aren't so bad.

Then the show introduces the officer character and you snap out of it very fast because you realize that no, these people are still genocidal warmongers and they aren't a moral equivalent to the New Republic. Being human doesn't automatically absolve you for the horrendous things you do in the name of a cause.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There is no ethical consumption of stars wars.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How can you call them space pirates when there was not one space parrot or space eyepatch or one space "arr Jim lad" amongst them :colbert:

Also they weren't in space. They were like 6 feet off the ground.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Serious Star War opinion

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Strabo4 posted:

I was all excited to see a couple hundred new posts, surely there must be more content!

Nope, just more Star Wars nonsense. :smith:

When content is released there's like 5 comments and then everyone with permanent wedgie scars resumes talking about Luke Startrekker fighting darth borg and dribbling pee everywhere like mice.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's taking extra time because Mike loved it and Jay has to edit out the 50 hours of ghost chat

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bill and his wife have a podcast and it's loving hilarious if you want to get lost down a youtube rabbit hole.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Son of Rodney posted:

Hello fellow goons can someone please tell me what the gently caress is going on itt and what red letter media is and why it seems to be the one YouTube channel that goons really, really like?

Is it the same guy who made the episode I to III play by play reviews why they're so horrible? It's movie talk??

This is the thread for cranking your hog to internet celebrity Jay Bauman and also discussing the two worst topics, stars treks and star war.

Welcome.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"You can tell he's dying cuz his skin is purple"

- Rich Evans, Half in the Bag ep. 87: Avengers Age of Ultron, 28:52

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

luchajones posted:

They need to give Superman and WW some jokes. Thor sucked in the beginning til they let him be funny.

Can you imagine how awkward and embarrassing it would be if the soulless mushmouth IDF child murderer tried to be funny?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

do you not remember the news stories about people who got a new form of depression because they wanted to live in that movie?

Literally no one remembers anything about Avatar.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[world's most impossibly smug voice] "You call this progress?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
James Cameron: "So there's these thin and lithe sexualized humanoid cats"

The worst of the internet: "I'm listening."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"I long for a simple life"

- guy who killed the poo poo out of a spider plant and would be eaten by cannibals 4 seconds into the power grid collapsing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

hm did jackass 3d give anyone depression?

No, it was a good movie. That's why no one is defending it on twitter.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

Avatar loving owned, Cameron basically invented a whole new way of making 3D movies that blew everything else out of the water, and nobody's been able to emulate it since despite trillion dollar budgets, lol.

Jackass 3D had better 3D and was an objectively better movie.

Please remain silent for the duration of the thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mallratcal posted:

Did human soldiers die in Avatar? Like most people I have almost no memory of the movie. I remember humans being getting kicked off the planet at then end, after the old guy from Don't Breathe lost a power loader fight.

IIRC the only human who died was Michelle Rodriguez because Cameron has a fetish for latina self-sacrifice (Vasquez).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You've gotta be a real josh to not appreciate the only successful goon project, chapo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Completely erasing the pirate rap group that got laughed off of America's Got Talent

And the libertarian hawaiian slave plantation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bonaventure posted:

is this the cum town thread

is jay the mayor of cum town

What do you think?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

This was the impulse that led to that FB group that eventually progressed to people pointing the guns at their junk with their fingers on the trigger that eventually led to someone shooting himself in the balls.

lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LMAO

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rich and Jay playing Friday the 13th and Jay talking about his favorite times women have been killed was fun.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Shot-for-shot remake of Joker but it stars Jared Leto and everyone has pointy shoulder pads.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
2020 ruled because it was the year all of humanity rose up and in one clear voice we all told celebrities "SHUT THE gently caress UP, YOU AREN'T HELPING".

Thanks, noted child killer Gal Gadot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
White People Watch A Different Show Challenge 2021