Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People are still mad about the last reboot, why are they doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

I kinda miss them tbh all the ones around here closed long ago.

I also miss quizno’s!

The quality at the local Arby's has dropped to the point where I wish it had.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Need a high fiber internet diet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

Don't hug me i'm scared, only poo poo

I feel like the "Wacky but secretly grim and serious" train has moved on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is there some unspoken rule in Hollywood that there can never be a straight-up remake of Wizard of Oz, only reimaginings?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's gotten to the point where I don't even know movies have been remade until years after they've come out and no one's seen them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tip posted:

It's weird that people stopped talking about the show that looked terrible and then came out and was terrible.

I gave up halfway through because even though there were some good ideas in there, they were buried under the "say everything as loud, annoying and wacky as possible" style of comedy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If half of a movie is going to be slow, that needs to be the first half. A movie that slowly builds up the plot and then steps on the gas for a third act where everything goes to hell and doesn't stop until the end is way more enjoyable than a movie that fizzles out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Film the actors reading the script in the meeting room, act like this is the first time it's ever been done like they pretended Black Panther was Marvel's first black superhero movie when the Blade trilogy already existed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

luchajones posted:

Have you forgotten Steel or Blank Man?

I was limiting it to Marvel

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All the canceled actors should get together and make a movie. Force some competition on Hollywood.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Where did you get #girlboss out of that? Like, what was your train of thought exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G6RF5ChKYQ

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

jesus somebody invent new things please

There was a steep cultural decline after the Sonny Bono Act was passed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

Every Woody Allen movie:

"l-l-look, what I'm saying is that *insert popular thing* is a-actually terrible and I'm having a nervous breakdown right now a-a-and my therapist says I..."

"Oh, *insert extremely jewish name* you need to calm down"

"Calm down!? I-II..Do you like *insert jazz musician no one gives a gently caress about*?"

"Oh yeah! He's fantastic! You know what? You're kinda cute..."

"Oh wow, well I...uh"

*She leans over and kisses him in front of a New York City landmark*

gently caress Woody Allen

That looks suspiciously like a list of Oscar bait. Explains a lot about why he was so popular. Needs Vietnam to round out the list.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A happy and upbeat Banana Splits movie designed to be genuinely fun instead of dark and gritty would've done well during a pandemic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Man, how do you gently caress up owls that badly. Owls own, seems like a layup

Never seen it but I'd assume the same way they hosed up every other YA fantasy adaptation in the wake of their mad search for a competitor to Harry Potter.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RLM, sodomy and the lash

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Are Bad Lieutenant and Port of Call in the Bad Santa/Teacher/Moms universe? Also is the first one as good as Port of Call? This reminds me a lot of Uncut Gems.

The original Bad Lieutenant and New Orleans are completely unrelated, the producer wanted to reuse the name. Never seen the original.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

i don't know why people in those comments think he's such a great interviewer, he's literally reading canned surface level questions off of a card in a put-on voice like those press junket assholes. the only thing that might make some of them open up is the pain.

True, I'm definitely watching for the reactions to the sauces and not the discussion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Will it be bad, I dunno let's check director Johannes Roberts' imdb

F

I kind of liked the dumb twist at the end of 47 Meters Down.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

looking at wikipedia the second half of the movie is a nitrogen narcosis hallucination

Yep, you think they escaped but then it cuts back to them on the ocean floor and the happy ending wasn't real. It's dumb but I thought it was just dumb enough to be funny .

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Netflix should have a curated stream with advertisements as a free offering, have it be just like an old tv network.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tip posted:

Oh god, I just realized that at some point very soon it will be cheaper to computer generate extras for most movies. There's probably a lot of overhead involved with dealing with extras, and numerous people who's entire job is wrangling them.

10 years from now you'll be watching a movie with a restaurant scene and you'll see some waiter in the background glitching out.

The future predicted in S1m0ne is getting closer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why would sith even bother to have apprentices when they kill each other?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

The galaxy far, far away had a much more effective Qanon movement. The Jedi don't have any real powers! They're all child kidnapping pedophiles!

Wait a minute ...

The trick to effective conspiracy propaganda is to mix truth in with the lies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tapped out at 25 seconds. Whedon's legacy is a plague on comedy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Broke: Hulk Hands
Woke: Hulk glans

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

There's gotta be some subreddit or other horrible place where there are endless arguments about if the hulk's dong grows along with the rest of him or not.

His pants don't rip so probably not.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

It’s funny that in like 2 weeks absolutely no one will ever remember or think of Wandavision again.

It might have some staying power but yeah, modern audiences just go from show to show, movie to movie and not really reflect on what they watched after it's done.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

I even mostly enjoyed it! But nah it’s gonna just completely get forgotten I’m sure and the only thing that survives is the Kathryn Hahn wink meme. And people will say “what’s that from?” And then go “oh yeah that show” then forget it again.

That gif has already overstayed its welcome.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Whoever thought "mother box" was a good idea should never get work in any medium ever again.

Jack Kirby hasn't gotten work in 27 years.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Everything's tinted.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Yes. Whatever that is, it is introduced halfway through the movie as more important than the mcguffins the movie has been about for 2 hours.

There's a mythical planet where Darkseid suffered his only loss and that's where the anti-life equation was and the three mother boxes were lost there. Steppenwolf realizes it's the same planet halfway through the movie and informs Darkseid who's like "What?" Wouldn't they have realized it's the same planet the moment the boxes activated? How many other planets with lost mother boxes could there even be considering that's the only time Darkseid was ever defeated and lost some boxes?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There was a story like that from one of the famous sci-fi writers about a planet that was aging the descendants of astronauts who crashed there. Forget who, think it was Phillip K. Dick?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My only experience with the 4th World stuff is Kirby's original run and the 90s Superman and 2000s Justice League cartoons so I don't know who Stepping Wolf is or why I should care about his CG blandness.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leto Joker's scene is just so awful.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the biggest loss from replacing Bale with Affleck is it deprived me the opportunity to make American Psycho jokes while watching the Joker scene.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Often Abbreviated posted:

I remember reading this. Ray Bradbury, maybe.

Yeah, that was my second guess, I'd read collections of both their works at the same time so it blurred together for me and I can't remember which it was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Most of Cyborg's plot could have easily been its own movie leading up to Justice League. And it had already been done better in previous iterations of the character.