Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I loving love Star Warsssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

I have been rewatching old RLM videos recently because I'm desperate for content. Anyone got good recommendations for older RLM videos?

Turn one on and let the algorithm take you away

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AHH F/UGH posted:

it's great because it's my own personal echo chamber of guys who would totally be my friends if they met me, because we have similar taste in culture and media, and sense of humor

Are you implying the RLM guys aren't already my close personal friends?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Happy new year, thread.

Let's discuss anime

It's for weirdo pervs, op

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

star wars holiday special pts 1 & 2
botw w/santa claus
botw w/osteoporosis dance
botw w/shoji tabuchi
botw w/rotor
botw w/miami connection
botw w/christy
botw w/how can I tell if I'm really in love
botw w/eloise cole

e:
botw w/how to seduce women using hypnosis
botw w/don beverage
botw w/california big hunks
botw w/bloodlock
botw w/tales from genesis space

Just rewatched santa claus and it's obvious No. 1

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Just lol if literal monster Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer oozing sexuality didn't warp you for good.

Thanks, Tim!

Danny DeVito oozing sexuality did warp me how did you know?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

Probably. Kind of like how Lil Abner was a cultural phenomenon back in the day. It ran for more than forty years during the mid 1900s and even had cartoon deals, now it's all but forgotten except for obscure references. I'm sure Netflix's shows will lose their appeal as soon as they become irrelevant to newer generations of viewers. Shows that bank on current events or nostalgia have a limited shelf life.

No way dude people will be watching House of Cards for 100 years just like we still listen to Eddie Cantor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

luchajones posted:

How did the lasso get around his foot anyway? The thing was blocking it. And I don’t know what the thing is or was.

She tried harder ... Off screen

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress movies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

I was very disappointed that behind the helmet Mando was the sexy Red Vipor, Mando should have been a completely hairless Max Lord.

When he took off the helmet this season my initial reaction was "Pedro Pascal's getting a bit puffy".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress was following Bib Fortuna for years?

Sure my crime lord boss got blown up, but his cowardly No. 2 who's clearly some kind of pervert is still around so I guess I'll just do his bidding.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

The idea of adapting Rogue Squadron to a movie is so loving batshit, because if you remember the original games, it was just filling in the gaps between the movies - and it kicked rear end! Didn't go over the top, relatively grounded, and you got to hang out with Luke and Wedge and the rest of the star warriors. There really isn't a story there.

So yeah, Jenkins is doomed from the start.

There was also a comic book series, and all those X-Wing books were about Rogue Squadron too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*reads summary*

what da gently caress

lol

It soon becomes apparent that Dill is a character in a computer game Patrick created

Ah yes of course. I think this is adapted from an Arthur Conan Doyle book.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

luchajones posted:

Stupid heroes like WW and Superman should only be set in the 50's. They are too lame for the later decades.

They should also only stop bank robbers and teach kids not to smoke. The super villains are the real problem here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mallratcal posted:

Did human soldiers die in Avatar? Like most people I have almost no memory of the movie. I remember humans being getting kicked off the planet at then end, after the old guy from Don't Breathe lost a power loader fight.

Jake Scully starts shooting them in the face like 2 hours into it.

Even after watching him convert to blue cat people's side for 2 hours, it's still like "holy poo poo he's shooting people in the face"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

I think the left is expanding into movie/gaming shows. I stumbled upon Hasan Piker twitch steam by aciddent. He is basically a woke radio host that does politicial commentary in the afternoon (AM radio) and plays game in the evening (FM radio) for 11 hours everyday. His target audience probably have never heard of AM radio.

I can't tell if it's easier to get an audience or it's just easier to produce content, but it seems like everyone eventually goes "What if I just streamed games?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You've gotta be a real josh to not appreciate the only successful goon project, chapo.

Completely erasing the pirate rap group that got laughed off of America's Got Talent

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whizzing Wizard posted:

If I were to ever make a movie with guns in it, I would make sure everyone always has their finger on the trigger, just so it would piss off (trigger if you will) the worst people

This was the impulse that led to that FB group that eventually progressed to people pointing the guns at their junk with their fingers on the trigger that eventually led to someone shooting himself in the balls.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/status/1293977806309937153

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

luchajones posted:

That Corporate show wasnt too bad. Did it get killed by Covid?

I liked Corporate.

I think it was getting cancelled anyway. It got a "one more season but this is the last" renewal a long time ago, but the last season might have been shortened by COVID because it was only 6 episodes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Basically, any time you see Binding of Isaac on the stream, you're in for a bad time.

Does Rich not like Binding of Isaac?

For shame.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought they were bringing him in for the Flash movie, which is almost certainly gonna be another time travel/multiverse thing that allows them to bring in all the old Batmen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I think it’s great that DC/Warner Bros doesn’t feel slave to continuity and uniformity and universe-building at the expense of being able to make unique, interesting, standalone movies. It would be nice if one or two of them actually turned out to be good, though.

Yeah, Keaton is fine if they're going to make one of those "Batman is old as poo poo!" comics.

You don't need a "main Batman". Maybe if you're making a bunch of Justice League movies, but don't let that stop you from making The Long Halloween or whatever just get another Batman for that everyone wants to play Batman anyway so you won't have any trouble, I mean has anyone ASKED Daniel Radcliffe if he wants to play Batman?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If they didn't boot the prequels from the canon, they certainly aren't going to do that to the movies they made.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

It wasn't the Jedi. The book is about Padme and one of the things she tries to do is go back to Tatooine to liberate the slave population there using her connections with the Senate and to also find Shmi, but they can't locate Shmi and Palpatine keeps stonewalling efforts to break up the slave trade in the most transparently "I AM GOING TO TURN EVIL" way possible.

Like, it's dumb on a level of the Black Market episode of BSG dumb.

Yeah that sounds like a Padme level of political effectiveness

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
See the light, that symbolizes goodness. But the dark? Well that's badness.

I hope you've all found my Ted Talk enlightening.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

oh lmao the grey jedi idea is from a video game? Well that explains a lot.

I think it's a misread of that character. She was more anti-Force altogether.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

I think people take a lot of disposable, bullshit media seriously because it's presented in a way that's meant to be taken seriously. Maybe that helps sell the product? Like if you're purporting to have a show or film that examines the human condition or the drama of family conflict or any mature theme, then the standard of criticism is going to be pretty high.

Star trek has always had dumb stuff in there, but it was a show that tried to have serious poo poo going on. So when Discovery is trying to do that, and constantly acts like it's doing that, but it's just all bad or hosed up, I can't enjoy it as a sci-fi shoot'em up romp. But take the Orville where they come right out and say that it's not trying that hard, and I judge it at a lower bar. Same thing goes with lower budget shows like Killjoys that practically tell the audience "yeah this poo poo is dumb, now watch me punch this guy"

Yeah, if WW84 had been the same tone as the beginning of it (not the lesbian island olympics part), with the goofy 80s mall robbery and Kristen Wiig being all jokey jokey and Pedro Pascal hamming it up and a literal wishing stone, it would have gotten along fine. But like halfway through it swerves real serious.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Your movie is literally about a stone that grants wishes shut the gently caress up about truth and true love and poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Chris Pine is the problem. I don't dislike him, but they cast Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wiig, who are actors who are charismatic enough to drag along the Gal Gadot dead weight, you have to let them actually do that. It goes to total poo poo when he shows up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Chris Pine is amazing and my favourite thing about those awful films. He’s insanely underrated. Hell or High Water is the good stuff.

He's very charming but his presence raises so many of the questions that the film shouldn't be concerned with. It sends Wonder Woman into a self-pitying spiral for the climax too.

I feel like there's a version of that script where Pedro Pascal straight-up ganks the wishing stone and Wonder Woman and her weirdo friend who's clearly in love with her have a globe-trotting adventure chasing him and Kristen Wiig just takes Chris Pine's place.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

Guys, I watched all Guy Ritchie moopies and Legend in like two days, pls hapl.

https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

Snatch
Lock Stock
Rock'n'Rolla
Sherlock moopies
The Nike World Cup Ad
The Gentleman
Arthur the Legend of the Sword
The Man from UNCLE
Revolver
Swept Away lmao

No Aladdin? Call yourself a completionist, pft

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

I've never seen Gal Gadot actually act in anything. I've always just known her as "that gross former IDF soldier who loves to randomly post about how great the IDF is like the same day they get caught killin' a bunch of kids again" but holy poo poo how does she have a career she can't act at all!

I think she got famous for the Fast & Furious movies? Which as you can see don't require a lot of, like, acting-acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUz1qH_f0rQ

Edit: lol I just remembered she's gonna play Cleopatra

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a film coming out next week directed by the guy who made Con Air called Skyfire - where Jason Isaacs plays a volcano theme park owner?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3bZdPSmXY

"What Did They Think Was Gonna Happen? The Movie"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Speaking of Netflix originals, they're finally releasing part 3 (out of 4) of Disenchantment. January 15th. Hopefully the very long break gave them some time to work out the show's kinks. The trailer looks...better than the show was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwuxsXfwl2I

I think the lesson here is that Matt Groening is good at contract negotiations, getting them a deal where all 4 parts were paid for and Netflix couldn't back out.

Couple of gags got a chuckle out of me, but it looks like they're leaning even more into the metaplot. Who could care?

I think Groening would have been given this many seasons without a contract locking it in at the beginning. I know Futurama was big for Netflix when they had it. If you were Netflix, you'd want to give him as much leeway as you could just because you want to be in the Matt Groening business and get first crack at any future projects.

I dunno if that'll extend beyond Season 4 though. This show's a bit of a turd and it can't be doing well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sweet geek swag posted:

The thing about Disenchantment is that it is actually just two seasons divided in half. That part 2 was just the second half of the first season, so it was produced at the same time as Part 1. So Part 3 is where we are going to see if they actually made adjustments to fix the show, or it will just keep being poo poo. I have my money on poo poo, but you never know.

The first joke in that trailer is about the elf wanting to gently caress the princess so I'm gonna guess they have not addressed the glaring problems.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna guess that Calliou show had this problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCRcozGZNU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"Calliou, you shouldn't steal mommy's lighter and make an awesome trash can fire."

*Producer claps hands off proudly*

I think we really did some good in the world today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think 3 times now I've tried to watch The Expanse. Never made it past Episode 3.