Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mallratcal posted:

I think we need to know more about Yorick. How did he become a Jester, and eventually a skull?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

How many references to skulls does it have? Like will the audience constantly be on the edge of their seats going “gasp! That’s the famous skull! That’s how he got the skull!”

6-year-old Hamlet, mid-piggy-back ride: You know, Yorick, it's crazy to think that one day we'll all be loving dead
Audience: Oh poo poo! He's doing the thing! Look Linda he's doing the existential dread thing!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah sorry Wong Fei-hung but there are at least 200 movies in the Jesus Christ franchise and can still open up the search to a lot of things and have it technically count, I think this list just cuts off at 200

Disappointing but should've been obvious

Jesus vs. Barugon was the best one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Netflix has a superhero show now.

I've only sent the first 10 minutes, but the premise seems to be "What if The Boys had bad writing and also bad acting?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mallratcal posted:

Jupiter's Legacy? I've heard it's very boring.

It seems to cover the same kind of thing as Invincible, super powered kid trying to live up to the dad's legacy.

Except the son and daughter are like loving 35, so like stop living at home and get your poo poo together dude you're pathetic

Edit: Also the costumes and special effects are bad. I'll watch the whole season of course but I'll bitch about it the whole time!

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 10, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, no Enterprise, Discovery, Picard, or Lower Decks questions. You call this a Star Trek trivia showdown? They did less than half the shows!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

"Missionary" absolutely should have been accepted as an answer for "In the mirror universe, what position did Kira hold"

Mirror Kira wouldn't put up with something so vanilla.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't see anything particularly John Wick-y about that trailer. Seems like a regular ol' action flick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

One person army assassin (?), loss of someone close causes rampage, tactical reloads and fast paced martial arts galore. I mean, technically Death Wish 3 but modern.

This is the plot of, like, every action movie. I always think of Wick as being more about Keanu doing a lot more of the stunts himself and the direction showing clearly what's happening in fight scenes. This looks like stunt doubles and a lot of fast cuts (at least in the trailer).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

jsoh posted:

nah shes bi. she was implied to be loving mirror sisko and tried to get with main sisko too

I got the feeling she DID get with regular Sisko.

Pretty sure he bangs mirror Kira, mirror Jadzia, and mirror Jennifer. Sisko did more loving in the mirror universe than his own.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/1392142771587190788

loving smart of James Cameron to swoop in on the Christmas spot now that there aren't any more of those other movies in the pipeline.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Meat Wagon posted:

RIP MI6's best agent: double 007

Fat James Bond died?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Josh is so ugly that it's clear RLM cast him to racistly make fun of white Americans

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

That new flintstones sequel was weird. It’s one thing to replace Fred’s catchphrase, but to replace it with “there is only one China in the world” is stupid. I mean, did China even exist back then?

Some loving dumbass in Hollywood sees “huge number of people seeing the movie” and gets dollar signs in their eyes, but never bothers to notice that that huge number isn’t translating into huge dollars.

It's an offshoot of a long line of business dumbasses who go "There are 2 billion people there. If we can get just 1% of market share ..."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All this music is so generic that I'm surprised to learn the songs have names instead of just descriptions from the stock music library.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Would watch this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Season 2 of Love Death & Robots is on Netflix.

It's a lot shorter than Season 1. None of the episodes are as good as the good ones from Season 1 either.

Some of them are loving gorgeous though. CGI that's starting to look very realistic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched "Dream Girls" for the first time and man, people don't talk enough about that movie. It's real good. Barry Gordy must have loving sucked

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've been hearing my whole life that Dune is total gibberish, but I'm watching it and t's really not that bad. It's weird, but I'd say it's actually the most comprehensible David Lynch movie I've seen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The question is, do you already know the story? Have you read the book, watched the Syfy miniseries, or skimmed the Wikipedia entry?

I think it’s likely incomprehensible to someone going in cold, and probably feels like just a series of things happening without any cause or effect.

Nah, went in completely cold. They explain everything, all that poo poo in the glossary is in the movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

underrated but will soon be overrated when the new ghostbusters comes out and everyone marvels at how much better it was than ladybusters

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1379791857773916160

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mallratcal posted:

There's a kiwi farms RLM thread?

Oh poo poo, a dark version of this thread. Do you think they all have goatees?

They do seem to be on top of things though

Groovelord Neato posted:

Someone on kiwifarms stole my handle. It's a good handle in their defense.

A likely story

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ultimately, Zima Blue is the only great thing that show has produced. Everything else ranges from dire to pretty good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe Disney is in talks to buy RLM.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

Cameron movies always have these weird alt endings that make you question a lot of his competence

I often wonder if they really put the finishing touches on alternate endings. I feel like they decide on the real ending early in the editing process and you get like the first draft as an extra. Unless it's like a director's cut thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Warner Media: 100 years of some of the best known movies and TV shows.

Discovery Networks: freak shows like Honey Boo Boo, 90 day fiancée, and My 600lbs life

The fact that the latter is in a position to acquire the former says something about the decline of a civilization’s culture.

It's one of those weird "purchases" where Discovery channel will not control Warner and the new company created from the "purchase" will be saddled with a shitload of debt. Warner will still have like 70% control of the new firm, but it will have a Discovery CEO.

This isn't, like, a victory for Discovery it's just a bunch of accounting fuckery.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Somebody needs to do a history of media in the English-speaking world through the lens of the various mergers/spin-offs/etc that have happened to the weird conglomerate that is Warner Media.

The breakup of Bell System was the last time anti-trust laws had any teeth. I'm sure every single industry looks like this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The play was good, but I don't think it's gonna translate very well based on the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15w-qQdC6Hk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
^^^Yeah it seemed like kind of a ripoff to me too

LanceHunter posted:

Then they showed shots of people sharing on Facebook, and I turned the trailer off. gently caress that.

I will say the ending actually avoids going the direction you think. I'm not even sure why the viral speech was even still part of the story. It's right before intermission of the play and you go to intermission thinking "OK it's gonna get way out of hand and he's gonna get found out", but then that's not the ending at all. It pretty much doesn't come up again. He just cracks under the guilt of lying to that family and confesses (only to them).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:rip:

https://twitter.com/eshynes/status/1394715303163142145

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What if Black Mirror but dumber?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I think he got mad at people who make Youtube videos about movies and TV shows and went back to his old Milwaukee Boogeymen. And is using Google as proof that Mike is a multimillionaire.

Shatner's daughter runs his twitter. There's no way that 90-year-old knows how youtube works.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

It's out this Friday. (So we can expect a hastily-edited HitB released Sunday night or Monday morning.)

I think the hordes of mean people were like ... dead or something? I dunno I was pretty engrossed in making sourdough at the time. Anyway 5 stars.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, his big break. Mike's gonna reminisce about this time fondly in his Academy Awards acceptance speech 20 years from now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Collapsing Farts posted:

Mike will move on and leave his friends in the dust where they will wither and perish

Obviously he'll bring Rich with him to Hollywood

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1394429713809121282

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched Tenet.

You know how Primer knows it doesn't make sense, and that's the point?

OK, what if Primer didn't know it didn't make sense, and aggressively tried to feed you nonsensical explanations the entire movie?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's also weirdly predictable for a movie that's impossible to untangle.

Once the turnstile is revealed, then I knew he was the masked man in Oslo, ultimately he will be planning everything from the future, and everything conspicuous moving backward in any action scene will be revealed to be him or the villain running backward through the movie. I can't tell you how those things happened, but I knew they would. It would probably work better if they just cut some plot corners, like "oh yeah also there's magic" and kinda magic wand waved away a bunch of stuff rather than try to explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Klowner posted:

Except that actually primer makes complete sense

Surrrrrrre it did. Yeah you just break out the graph paper and draw me a 59-timeline diagram of how it makes perfect sense