Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Groovelord Neato posted:

He wasn't supposed to be Reagan.

He wasn't supposed to be, but he was. Lol his first line being like "I'm not sure how I got here or what I was doing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Victis posted:

They’re going to be introduced to stuff by their parents, but I can guarantee no one is going to remember WW84 fondly

My kid liked that she has the powers of Spider-Man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

steinrokkan posted:

Avatar loving owned, Cameron basically invented a whole new way of making 3D movies that blew everything else out of the water, and nobody's been able to emulate it since despite trillion dollar budgets, lol.

Also as certain podcast said, it was the one time in American history the American audiences stood up and cheered as the movie showed them Vietcong brutally eviscerating US troops.

Uh return of the Jedi

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You people need to watch Tim Rogers 4 and a half hour review of Tokimeki Memorial

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Galewolf posted:

Wait, Wanda Vision is a tv series??? Wtf, I thought it was a movie.

Most Marvel stuff looks like tv shows so easy mistake to make

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reality Protester posted:

I'm currently transcoding the Lindsay Ellis apology vid to a black spine vhs tape and sending it to Mike

Please also send one to the Victorville Film Archive

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lindsay pulled it off. I'm on her side and gently caress anyone who ain't

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Better than Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fast 9 isn't going to space. That part in the trailer they are obviously in a submarine

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No way they go to space until the 10th one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Bibs follows some of the same Podcasts as me on Twitter and he is always replying to their posts with "inciteful" and "humorous" takes. Oh not the posts of the podcast accounts mind you. Posts of the personal accounts of people who are on those Podcasts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tip posted:

I didn't remember them showing any men held in captivity, idiot cop guy got alpha'ed immediately but Bautista's daughter's friend (great character) was kept for days in a room.

I'm sure all questions will be answered in the anime, prequel, sequel, comic book, and videogames of the army of the dead-iverse.

Not showed but Coyote said she took a group in and one guy walked out several days later who said he had been held in the same hotel for an extended period but managed to escape. Based on her account is the only reason they are holding out hope they might find Geeta alive

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

rydiafan posted:

Given that it's a prequel and they don't appear in any of the other films, you get to envision them meeting whatever fate most satisfies you shortly after the credits roll.

Short round moved to America and eventually became an inventor and moved to Astoria, but his greatest invention was his son

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

lobsterminator posted:

Seems like jolly fellow.

Flip flop jelly hop Tom Bombadillo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Milo and POTUS posted:

Both Scheer and Jason are way funnier than you hoss

Well Jason is

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paul Scheer is a funny ideas guy, a funny writer, and funny looking, but not a funny talky man.

Jason is funny talky man, funny writer, but not funny ideas guy and more handsome than funny looking.

June is funny talky woman, pretty woman, don't know about ideas or writing.

So Paul actually has the most categories of these, but funny looks and funny writing and funny ideas has no bearing on talking extemporaneously on a podcast so he comes out the loser.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 9, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Before he was even outed as a predator he was putting it absolutely lovely movies like the one where he turns into a cat or the one with the baby who could drive a car

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked the river scene it was dumb and like a video game. I liked when the stupid dwarf popped his arms out of the barrel both wielding axes and started spinning around

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aardvark! posted:

im an hour in to The Tomorrow War. for some reason they are sending people in to the future and not telling them that the aliens can only be killed by shooting them in the neck or belly. this is instead revealed 10 minutes in to the first fight by someone who has been fighting them forever.

lmao at people calling this Chris Pratt's "Terminator"

There's a segment on my local radio station where they have some idiot redneck give a "people's review" he loved this poo poo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The sun will always shine
The birds will always sing
Wherever there is fun there is always the real thing
Coca cola classic is always the one
Wherever there is fun there's always coca cola
Yeah

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why is there video being so downvoted? It seems like their kind of standard review video for one of these kinds of movies.

Is this a meme or just angry Disney fans

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

we can't know

there's just no way to know

Oh so they ask people at the end of the video? I had it on audio only as I drove home and got home with like 5 minutes left and dinner was ready so I didn't finish it yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He forgot nudity

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1415725501050720257

I hate the future. SAG needs to start fighting this disgusting poo poo.

I signed a contract with a man who is dead, I am going to use his voice as much as I want. Victimless crime

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know if any of you have heard of Full Moon Features but they have a ton of movies on there that have been on Best of the Worst, a ton of lovely 80s cult action movies, it's great

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Darth Vader had never been frightening, he has always been cool, at best. Very cool sometimes. But not frightening.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LanceHunter posted:

He was frightening to very young children. In the same way they might be frightened by a Disney villain like Ursula or Jafar.

Maybe those characters are frightening to very young children that are pussies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tip posted:

"There's an extra dimension to this zombie film, because they…. they…. I'm still wondering if I should tell this…. the male zombies rape human females. Yes. And they have human hybrid zombie offsprings. It's a new take on the zombie genre, which is crazy."
- Zack Snyder

This is false.

1) Previous director of the project from like two drafts ago is the one who said this, not Snyder
2) He didn't direct the movie anymore, Snyder was brought in to take over, and Snyder rewrote the whole thing
3) That isn't in the movie

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 19, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

1) the zombies kidnap women
2) they turn men, but keep women hostage
3) the woman are terrified/ some how a zombie had a baby
4) Zack didn't "put it" in the film, but it's there
5) you're apologizing for zombie rape AND Snyder
6) lol
7) WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE

1) They kidnap women and men, it is explicitly stated one of the men that was kidnapped later escaped
2) The guy that escaped was not turned
3) a. The women have been captured by zombies, and they are terrified you say? There could only be one reason
b. The pregnant zombie was in a loving and consensual relationship with the king zombie, there was a whole scene of them whispering sweet nothings to one another and being affectionate
4) No it isn't
5) I'm not apologizing for it cause it isn't in the movie
6) lmfao
7) Shutta up YOU a face

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mallratcal posted:

Great, another loving prequel.

More like a soft Dead Sea-boot

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Space Jam A New Legacy is better than the original in literally every way

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pamela Springstein posted:

havent seen Space jam 1 in forever but I do know the music in 2 was forgettable. nothing in it holds a candle to this banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

Ok yeah I forgot music. Obviously the music in 1 is better, there's no debating that. 2 has a better script, better acting, better stakes, better character motivations, better effects(simply due to being 30 years later), better jokes, better direction and cinematography.

Not that any of it was actually good, but it was definitely better than before. The core emotional story of James being to accept his son has different dreams than him, and Bugs manipulating James for his own end because he's lonely is way better than anything in the original.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I dunno Michael Jordan was at least able to laugh at himself a little bit with the baseball stuff, everything with Lebron is holy poo poo this guys the funniest awesomest best player ever, who's definitely not insecure!

I just find him intensely unlikable.

They gave LeBron some pretty serious character flaws and made him a mediocre dad who was way too strict and over serious, and a bad coach who didn't listen to the needs of his players and had to learn the errors of his ways, I think that's a more fleshed out set of character flaws than Jordan's having to learn that actually he's better at basketball than baseball.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tim go on RLM's podcast!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LanceHunter posted:

Did you also get a recommendation for the RTMM video on Bruce Willis after watching the Steven Seagal video posted in this thread? On the one hand, it was a pretty good overview of the ridiculousness of present-day Bruce Willis's career. On the other hand, in that video Ralph went out of his way to both talk poo poo about Quentin Tarantino and praise Kevin loving Smith, so it was a reminder that he's still a very dumb kid.

Kevin Smith is far superior to Tarantino in very specific ways.

The most specific ways is not being a loving piece of poo poo and treating his actors(and actors that aren't in his movies too) with respect

Kevin Smiths movies suck but he's a much better human being than Tarantino.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LanceHunter posted:

Loki sets off the multiverse when, at the center of all time and space, woman-Loki kills the being that has unified all timelines: Kang the Conqueror. Basically, there were an infinite numbers of Kangs who fought through all time and space before this one Kang won, destroyed all multiverses, and unified the timeline. Before he is killed, he warns that if they allow the timelines to split and multiverses to exist, that means there will once again be infinite Kangs and that it will just re-start the exact same timeline/multiverse war and lead to the exact same result. So basically, he's the new big bad. This is a good thing, primarily because he's played by Lovecraft Country's Jonathan Majors.

He's not the new big bad lol, it's a tv show, he will never show up outside of it, neither will Loki for that matter

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LanceHunter posted:

They've already confirmed Jonathan Majors will be in the next Ant Man, and he has a contract for appearances in several other later movies.

After credits scene

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Green Knight is a wizard who engaged in a long con to form a throuple with his wife and Sir Gawain

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everything he does people call it "a twist" in a derogatory way but that isn't really a narrative twist at all, as described, it's just giving a reason why the bad guys are directing people there.

Bruce Willis being a ghost and Samuel Jackson being the guy who wrecked the train were both twists, other movies like The Village when people describe "the twist" they are just saying literally what the plot is.

So this plot also sounds dumb but it isn't a narrative twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Ghostbusters 2016 is literally the reason trump got elected, it's that bad