Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Tip posted:

Yeah but what do they do with the poop? Probably convert it into energy.

It converts the poop right as it comes out the butt so everyone is making GBS threads lightning and farting thunder. Source: I am Gene Roddenberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I haven't watched the movie but if I had to guess, I'd say the 80s setting is the result of DC wanting to distance WW from the Superman/Justice League movie timeframe so when they do their "well we really bungled this, time to reboot it" Crisis movie, the WW movies can still be canon

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

J4RHEAD, the newest entry in the Jarhead Cinematic Universe

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

That's uh, outsourcing, right? If WONKA co located in America they'd probably have H1Bs. I guess with brexit the oompa loompas may face deportation

Outsourcing is when you send jobs overseas. This is highly localized slavery.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Lister posted:

Outsourcing is when you hire another company to do work for your company. Offshoring is when the company you outsource to is in another country.

Aw heck :(

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Moola posted:

The fmvs own in a very bad way

Those cutscenes capture the feel of Star Wars better than the prequels and much of the sequels. Also the droid gangster is cool as hell.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

I just remembered the "Neo was able to zap the sentinel because the real world is a second level of the Matrix" theory. Which (while kinda stupid) would've been more interesting than the actual explanation.

What was the actual explanation? I could've sworn they didn't address it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Cyborg is possibly the least imaginative superhero name ever devised. They could've called him The Cyborg and had it sound the tiniest bit evocative, but no, it's just a wet fart of a name.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

poisonpill posted:

Cyborg looks at the camera and says, “So you’re saying, we’re some kind of..... Justice League?!”

Still more organic than the end of Beavis Dodge when Jesse Eisenberg sighed and said "Well I'm in prison now. I guess this truly is the dawn of justice"

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Imagine a world in which Jack could make a joke and not immediately mug for the camera

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Human children spend 12 years at school. Grogu develops so slowly, he is still a baby at age 50.

It is completely reasonable to assume that he would spend 20-30 years at school, and so would be there when all the students get murdered.

"What I love about Jedi school girls, that is. Older I get, but stay the same age they do."

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I turned myself into a Zack Snyder movie and now the only way I can communicate is by grunting angrily through clenched teeth while I look like I'm about to cry

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Cutedge posted:

I mean normally Superman wouldn't do that because he doesn't believe in killing but in the zs murderverse, him not doing so is just a plot hole.

The cry and tears he lets out after snapping Zod's neck were not out of sadness. Rather, he was elated that he finally found the one thing that brings him true joy. Shortly after this, he makes out with Lois Lane.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's really funny that he couldn't shave the stache despite him being killed off in Mission Impossible.

Whichever studio exec insisted he keep the mustache should be leading a graduate seminar on trolling

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"It's a birthmark"
"What do you mean?"
"He was born with it"

no poo poo

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hackers film 1995 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEaS8X1_gcU

oh god. i cannot believe ive not seen this before. wtf. it is so bad. everyone is dressed like they are in tng. hahaha oh man

On the one hand, this sucks. On the other hand, it might've spared us from all the sequels.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

luchajones posted:

Does Watchmen have boobs in it? I can’t rem ember

In it? Heck, it was directed by one!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

poisonpill posted:

Rich: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Diamond Cobra vs the White Fox?

Culkin: No?

Rich: I thought not. It's not a story the listed videos would tell you. It's a Rich legend… He had such a knowledge of the unlisted videos, he could even keep the ones he cared about from Hollywood.

Culk: He could actually save people from Max Landis?

Rich: The dark side of Youtube is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Rich: The dark side of Youtube is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unneutral.

Culk: Do you wanna try that again?

Rich: Unneutral. Unneutral. Unnettral? Unnatural.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Galewolf posted:

"paper money? That poo poo is useless now, bro, it always was useless :smuggo:"

*strikes out of context crucifixion pose*

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Blomkamp is a fine director, but his involvement in scriptwriting should be a "story by" credit and nothing more.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I don't watch movies, I watch pathetic Wisconsin blobs talk about movies.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I've seen well over 3000 movies, all of them Marvel

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Westworld is such a shame. An interesting premise, a really good cast, great cinematography, neat production design, a pretty sweet score...all failed by catastrophically bad writing.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Isn't Westworld the series where they changed a huge plot twist at the last minute because someone on reddit predicted it? lol

Yeah, something like that. Later they said they learned their lesson about trying to throw the audience for a loop and wouldn't mess with the timeline of season 3, but then season 3 came out and sucked poo poo anyway, so...

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

infernal machines posted:

Is there a not embarrassing way to poo poo the bed?

Yeah but you have to be really hot

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

This guy's videos are good. Thanks for linking him.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why would you read the comments to begin with? If I wanted to know what a loving idiot thought of the video I just watched, I'd just recall my own opinion

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

As a kid who was obsessed with Star Wars in the mid 90s, at no point did I ever go "HOLY poo poo I need to know what the loving clone wars were." Neither did anyone else, judging by the fact that none of the books or video games that came out between the release of Star Wars and Attack of the Clones bothered to address it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

lobsterminator posted:

renewal... renewal... renewal...

ha ha ha Ha Ha HA HA Ha Ha haahhhhhhhh

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXW_NUXEb8

Lol at Leonidas from 300 showing up in the Snyder Cut.

Is that a new superman jesus pose or was that in the original?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jon Irenicus posted:

filmmakers should only be given a special dispensation to make films over 100 minutes long if an independent council of filmgoers allow you to. otherwise keep it loving moving along. four hours??? me and the other boys in the soviet are revoking your credentials, Zack

Also your film's allotted runtime gets reduced by half an hour for every christ metaphor

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yeah all of the Voyager's non human characters are pretty chill and cool. And I like 7/9.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I take it all back. Cinema is good again

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"Some call me...the Martian Manhunter."

Scriptwriter's note to self in margin: REPLACE WITH SOMETHING LESS HACKY LATER

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Eau de MacGowan posted:

does superman say gently caress in the snyder cut?

Says it, does it. Consistently and thoroughly.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

Nothing is more embarrassing than the newsroom. And I've seen both star wars 9 AND space cop

I've never watched it but the Studio 60 clips people have linked make it seem like the smuggest, most cringe poo poo ever put to film

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 22, 2021

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I know a guy who has routinely updated me on Black Widow and it's release because, in his words, "it's the big step to the next phase, I'm so excited"

He'll buy that trash.

Isn't it a prequel?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's still bad. I think most of it is due to the limited availability of the cast. If they didn't have full access to them all, they should never had done it.

It somehow gets worse in season 5 even when they have access to most of the cast.

Seasons 4 and 5 both feel like a body snatchers alien taking the guise of seasons 1-3, pretending to be Arrested Development but loving everything up in ways that make the whole thing feel so inherently wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Comstar posted:

Can someone link me a...better explanation of this drama? Her post on Paetron didn't explain anything and I feel like there's a story here I'm missing. It's not like it's any worse than 95% of fantasy stories are based on Tolkien and western European D&D fantasy backgrounds, or a lot of YA books were Vampire stories after Twilight, or books copying the plot and characters from Divergent a decade ago?

There is no better explanation. It's as dumb and inconsequential as all twitter drama.