Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

There was a stream Jack and Yahtzee playing some game, during which Yahtzee mentioned that he could never meet Mike Stoklasa because he wouldn't be able to keep his cool and would just be starstruck. You could almost hear Jack's heart breaking.

gently caress this is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Where's his white face and red hair? :colbert:

Not all clowns wear whiteface. And not all of them have red hair.

Way to go

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

:ck5:

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

That Max Landis BoTW was awesome.

I wondered why it was delisted, then I learned Landis is a sex weirdo.

Sad trombone.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Holy heck are people still talking about that dumb Star Wars show thing?

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

No one’s going to pay for Discovery+

No ones going to pay for more than half these single network streaming services.

But I don’t think that’s the goal. I think the goal is that they know that cable is dead, and they are attempting to make it work.. if it doesn’t they will sell their content to which ever streaming platform wins.

We also shouldn’t want a single streaming platform, but we should want to end exclusives. This probably won’t happen, but it’s a nice dream. Monopolies suck.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, if WW84 had been the same tone as the beginning of it (not the lesbian island olympics part), with the goofy 80s mall robbery and Kristen Wiig being all jokey jokey and Pedro Pascal hamming it up and a literal wishing stone, it would have gotten along fine. But like halfway through it swerves real serious.

Exactly this.

That mall open, was perfect. The olympics thing was just long and awful, but I thought ok hey were in for some fun here now, maybe they learned from Shazam.

They didn’t.

These tweets have a point, which the author or the person who posted them don’t really seem to understand. The point is this, these kinds of films are not supposed to be taken seriously, that I agree on... but when the films themselves try to take themselves serious, so must we.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think Netflix are gonna be absolutely wrecked once Disney+ gets all the Fox 18+ stuff. I have both and Netflix’s selection just gets worse and worse each month. There’s no point investing time in their originals as 90% of them get cancelled after two seasons.

Agreed. But it’s also worth noting that finding stuff on Netflix is garbage.

I bet you’d find that most people only find stuff that’s right at the top, or through recommendations from other people.