Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The first two episodes of WandaVision are fine, it's a well-executed parody of sitcoms of the 50s and 60s but that means the plot is very silly and straightforward but the show is elevated a ton by the performance of Olsen and Bettany. It's still like a big ask of audiences, it's essentially 1 hour of a Nick-at-Night show with extremely tiny glances at a bigger picture bleeding into the parody. It feels like the weekly release schedule of Mandalorian doesn't really fit the show, unless stuff picks up a lot in the coming weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v27rfaoB2Y

how has no one posted this yet?

nic cage is back with glorious schlock

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1350876828383158272

I wonder if they will even watch this now, I really don't blame them for not wanting to subject themselves to 4 straight hours of brain damage after Rise of Skywalker. At least when it was broken up it looked more manageable.

Definitely no commentary now, too :(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1352375942765703169

jesus christ

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
i'm wondering if they are gonna do a cartoonishly grotesque and disrespectful harold ramis ghost or just a regular grotesque and disrespectful harold ramis ghost

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I regret to inform you that Mr. Worf is still at it

https://twitter.com/2ndtechnician/status/1352902298884861957

Picard was so bad they should just let Dorn do it, he earned it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

2001: A Space Odyssey is literally Marvel canon already they should've made that movie instead of Eternals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Man

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Also add Farscape

^

give bezos his money so you can watch 4 seasons of the best sci-fi show and 5 seasons of the second-best sci-fi show (the expanse)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
why didn't they put this guy on the posters?

Firebert fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 30, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

how'd they manage to make this character look even worse lmao

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
How the gently caress is Justice League rated R? I know it's HBO Max so it does matter but lmao

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If DC is making nothing but R-rated movies where the gently caress is a new Constantine movie?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

lmao

why is he even in the justice league movie? is he gonna fight space bugs? is harley quinn gonna hit them with a baseball bat?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

oh he's just a dummy

this is literally what Mike and Jay said about him in their Sucker Punch review lol

e:

lol

Firebert fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 9, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Galewolf posted:

Kit Harrigdon (??) was in the Call of Duty game in SPAACCEEE everyone hated.

Kit Harrington is also gonna be playing the Black Knight in the Eternals when it releases in 2028 after coronavirus has ended and Disney has bought out all of the bankrupted cineplexes. They are also gonna do an inexplicable Disney+ spinoff with his character who is just a dude with a magic sword. I guess they are playing off of his strengths as an actor?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I just assumed that Kenneth Branagh just trolled every production he didn't give a poo poo about, like when he shot Thor with like half the movie at a dutch angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0oDm4J3YOg

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm excited for Gina and Ben's tradwife action show where she cooks the kids breakfast and cleans the bathroom

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wandavision is good, I'm just worried that the end is gonna be Age of Ultron/Iron Man 3 nonsense with robots flying all over rather than something like the Dr. Strange ending. I'm leaning like 50/50 towards either ending right now. I do like that there is a lot of mystery as to what's gonna happen next, I just hope that they don't betray that because the people who want the over the top action probably dropped out after the third episode.

*caveat they can do the mindless action if they animate it like the 90s X-Men show

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
We live in a society lmao

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope some of the extra Leto stuff is Joker flashbacks and he says "I'm going to become the J0ker" as well

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1362135329428414466

ENDLESS TRASH

Feels like Netflix already has created and cancelled 3 YA shows about a supernatural school in the last year

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ProperCoochie posted:

:lol:
I love the part when Bill Paxton turns into The Joker

I literally thought this was a Joker edit, it's real???

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Klowner posted:

counterpoint: star wars was saved in the edit

Counter-counterpoint: A New Hope wasn’t made after the lovely prequels

Man of Steel/BvS is the baseline for Justice League, and those movies were visually stimulating trash

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Batman & Robin???

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1364662662727098369

They hosed up if true

Don't even make this if it's not rated R lol, that's like the one thing you have to do in a Blade movie

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah real roller-coaster of emotions there. As long as JJ is just producing, it could turn out ok. You also don’t sign TNC to completely overwrite his work, either.

Also Michael B Jordan should be Superman

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Eat poo poo Titanic!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

luchajones posted:

How did it telegraph Hahn

lol everyone knew who she was before the show even aired because of her character's name and a couple of trailer scenes

the payoff was well delivered by her but everyone was expecting it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The new Thor movie is going to be partially about King Valkyrie’s search for her queen, in addition to the lady Thor stuff. They are doing Guardians of the Galaxy 2.5 with Thor as well. Idk, trust in Taika.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

If they hired me, I would tell them the shows need to have hunks in them, not mom: we have hunks at home such as the falcon and the winter soldier. This feedback alone is worth millions

you underestimate how horny people are for sebastian stan

the problem for the winter soldier show is that the bad guy is gonna be this guy lol:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Good, if they did this 20 years ago there wouldn’t be so many people who want to gently caress cartoons

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

GBS still has furry haters, eh?

I also don't like people who like to gently caress cars or marry 400 year old ghosts, does that upset you?

I'm pretty permissive, but I reserve the right to make fun of people's stupid kinks lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

What if the ghost is housed in your grandmother's candle?

that ghost is a rapist, just further proof that ghost/human relationships are inherently flawed

just look at the long-term effects it had on Dan Ackroyd

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

The first season of Jessica Jones was really good. Shame about the second season...

They never made a second or third season of Jessica Jones though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If anyone is struggling through the beginning of Farscape here is a good watch/skip guide. The show is fantastic once Scorpius shows up and is becomes mostly a serialized show. Highly recommended, probably my favourite sci-fi series ever.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1369408765703974918

finally some good loving movie ideas

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
While fans of Snyder’s particular view of comic book hyperviolence will no doubt embrace these moves, their tonal dissonance goes too far when matched with the film’s wider arc about despair turning to hope. Take, for example, the early scene in the movie where Wonder Woman fights a group of terrorists in London. It mostly plays out the same here as it did in 2017, but instead of Diana incapacitating her foes with a graceful display of power, now her action is amplified to be significantly more murderous, ragdolling men into walls, leaving crumpled messes below the bloodstains where they land. Yet, sans the context of this brutal violence, a welcome addition to the scene comes with Diana comforting one of the young schoolgirls taken hostage, which plays incredibly weirdly, given that in the background there is now a scene of absolute devastation and mulched bodies that Diana breezily leaves in her wake.

holy poo poo lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Roger Ebert was basically the Mike Stoklasa of his time. He would’ve loved Jurassic World...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

are they starting a cult too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
So what I’m getting is if I watch the Snyder cut I should just fast-forward through all of the action scenes because they are literally just the same poo poo as 2017 but with more pointless shots and all in slow-no?

I bet I can cut this down to like a 2 hour viewing