Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The Klowner posted:

This thread should continue to talk about pathetic vigilante fantasy movies until the end of time. I love that stupid poo poo

Blue Ruin loving owns too

In a perfect film, every single character would simultaneously be a rapist, a rape victim, and a gun-toting vigilante out for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Tip posted:

is part of the magic that he's mentally locked at twelve years old for the rest of his life?

He’ll be free of the curse once he cultivates the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

mallratcal posted:

I don't think Breen should be able to have access to time travel tech.

I would like to see his take on a time travel story.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

What does that mean? I've only ever seen the Christchurch shooter do that so right now I'm assuming it means Han just shot a bunch of muslim people.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

rydiafan posted:

It used to be a fun game where you'd trick your buddies into seeing you make that gesture, and then they'd be mad that you "got" them. Kinda like "You just lost The Game".

Then Nazis ruined it.

Ok thank you for the clear and concise explanation.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

It's 29 years until 2050, it's over 29 years since happy days ended.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Gripweed posted:

What the gently caress does that have to do with That 70s Show?

What?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

If you guys have a better way of determining whether a rock is full of arsenic and mercury than by licking it, I’d like to hear it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Chad Jihad posted:

Lovecraft has said: I hate Serbia. Because he is Albanian.

I'm pretty sure he considered both Albanians and Serbians as species of ape.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I think the credits are for an episode of HBO's Watchmen.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

They're from The Dark Knight. You can tell by the credits for Batman, Mr Oldman and Hong Kong crew.

I don’t think that needs a spoiler. I only paid attention to the very end of the credits and was googling effects artists.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I thought Awkwafina was just a name made up to make fun of lovely rap names, but i guess you learn something new every day.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

there's virtually no asians of note in hollywood that I haven't heard complaints about for "making us look bad" from chinese or koreans. lucy liu? grace park? uggos!

Yeah have you seen what they consider attractive? Basically it’s $500,000 worth of plastic surgery and way too much airbrushing in photoshop, so you look like a mannequin. Well, it’s more you look like a specific mannequin that society has decided is hot. Sorry, East Asia, if that’s what you think is pretty, I’ll stick with grade A, homegrown, American Asians, thank you very much.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Cutedge posted:

What's crazy is that every time I read one of these stories, it's a bunch of people on weibo who are mad and posting a bunch of stuff. So their twitter is as stupid as our twitter, and somehow also has as much power as our twitter?

Gross.

Well, if their Twitter ever becomes problematic for them, it’ll be banned. It’s not that easy over here.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

My take on the 2 Marvel movies. Yes the 2 leads in the Shang Qi movies are modiocre looking by the current Chinese standard but the Chinese movie goers will decide if the movie worth thier ticket cost.

For the Eternal movie, the director said 2 bad things (1 "Chinese society is full of lies", something to that effect and 2 "I am now not longer Chinese.") What she said was worse that what James Guns said. All she had to do was apologize like Gunns did before she won the awards. She had a pretty big window to fix it but she did nothing. Instead her PR did the weird thing of contacting the magazine to "fix" her 2nd quote. The web site now said "I am not American" instead of "I am not longer Chinese". That's just...dumb. Your problem is not the 2nd quote is the first quote. You first quote was attacking the Chinese culture not the Chinese government.

James Gunn never said anything wrong though :confused:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

Get a load of this guy who hasn’t watched either Lindsay or Contra’s 90 minute video explaining why apologizing to the online hordes will never be enough

I watched 10 minutes of Lindsay’s video but her tone is too academic. Watching YouTube videos shouldn’t feel like an assignment. I do watch random ethnographies though so I guess I’m a hypocrite.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Rear Windows soundtrack is great. 100% diegetic everything.

So was I Spit on Your Grave, a movie I recommend you not watch unless you're Jay Bauman. It only had one song though.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I want to see a Godzilla where he kills all humans everywhere, because all attempts to harm him just make him stronger.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I liked the second half of space cop better than the first. Is this a symptom of insanity or just mental retardation?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Galewolf posted:

Holy moly :stare:

My reaction also, I even said it out loud lol

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

hard counter posted:

west was getting laid so often on set, if his personal accounts are to be believed, that he'd be busy loving one woman on his bed while another woman would be pounding her fist on his trailer door, screaming that he should come gently caress her instead

that's when a lightbulb clicked in his head, allegedly, and he realized group sex could be the answer to his problems

A true hero for the ages. Only slightly ironically, he was the loving jefe.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

whats an orgasm

It’s when your testicles turn blue and you wake up with blood and white ghostbusters ectoplasm in your he-man underoos.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

mallratcal posted:

Burt Ward got to fight Bruce Lee to a draw.

That is pretty boss. I wouldnt fight a 5’6” 130 pound guy despite my monstrous size, on the off chance he might be a reincarnation of Bruce Lee.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

What is this about?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

priznat posted:

Oh hell yeah season 2 of Evil is starting up and really glad it is back. It has a real exorcist crossed with xfiles vibe to the show and I dig it a lot. I like everyone on the main cast and it looks like Aasif Mandi has a larger role this season which is great too.

His night terror demon is going to be good times I can tell :haw:

I love that show, it’s just so pathetically bad you can’t help but watch it, like a two-legged pug trying to do tricks. In season one there was a scene where an evil Alexa tells Aasif Mandvi’s sister "YOUR BABY IS WITH IBLIS HAHAHAHAHA" and our reaction was not supposed to be uproarious laughter.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I always wondered why people went straight to killing. If I was in a purge I'd do my taxes and say I made like 7 grand that year

I’d probably start a bunch of small, controlled fires in my backyard. Fire is fun to play with and everybody agrees on that, I don’t get why playing with it is supposed to be a sign of psychopathy. Fireworks are fun, burning an action figure’s head off with a blowtorch is fun.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

The mcdonald triad is complete horseshit and the only one which should raise alarms is harming animals just a friendly fyi

My view completely. Bed wetting is a red herring, and playing with fire is normal. It should be called the mcdonald monad.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Programmers would just run a script to steal everybody's money on purge night.

IRL one dude with autism would rewrite the entire world’s banking code with "lolumad?" and then you can probably guess what would happen.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

I liked Mr Robot, even the batshit ending

Only saw the first few episodes. The lead was just not selling me on being genuinely mentally ill, or even on the spectrum. Nicely shot sodomy, I guess. Not what I’m into, but nobody’s perfect.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

wait when was the sodomy

His evil boss was buttfucking some dude sinisterly. I think it was his boss at least, haven’t seen it in forever. I assume it was sinister sodomy, it definitely didn’t look loving. The boss guy was cheating on his girlfriend, so that’s not cool.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

priznat posted:

paired with rum and the lash :britain:

Don’t worry if you want to join the Royal Navy, they did away with the lash years ago.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

priznat posted:

Then GOOD DAY SIR

Still all the grog and butt rape (poo poo, even more) than you can handle. They just can’t call it the lash anymore, the nanny state won’t let them.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Cacator posted:

She encouraged him to sleep with the guy, actually!

Ok I clearly don’t remember it very accurately, but I remember one dude loving another in a way that made me think "I would not like to be hosed like that". I’ma straight guy so I guess it’s not unusual I didn’t find a gay sex scene erotic, so whatever man.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Those little bastards scared the poo poo out of me as a kid. Also, for some reason I assumed that the little girl’s mother died the day before the events of the movie took place. She said she had a dead mom, so she must have died the night before, obviously, and it was really cruel of her dad to force her to go trick or treating immediately after a tragedy like that. I was not a stupid child, but I made a lot of leaps of logic.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

They're just mad because RLM reminded them of Joy's lovely book about the Meanies and how they suffered through reading time at primary school.

You obviously don’t remember the Meanie invasion of New Zealand in 1968. They made the Imperial Japanese army look like Amnesty International.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

She won a Newberry Award! That’s like the Nobel prize for kid’s books.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Does he assume Justin Roiland just wouldn’t be interested? What a maroon.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

A DOOM short where some imp is running for its life and thinks it's so clever because it hid in a secret area and you just hear the E1M1 music getting louder as the slayer approaches is pretty much exactly the kind of content my heart yearns for.

That poor imp! Did you also root for the nazis in Come and See?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i like that rich evans is almost always referred to by his full name, especially by mike.

He's like John Redcorn in that way, and in that he charges women money for sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you like zombie films, it's fine tbh. Not saying much but it's easily Snyder's best film in a very long time

Has he ever actually made a good movie, though?