Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

1)Adam Page - AEW, 29, His whole arc with The Elite has been great, his in-ring performance has just gotten better and better since I first kind of paid attention to him when he faced Jericho for the AEW belt. I also generally don't care about tag team stuff but I want more matches with The Good, The Bad, and The Hungie.
2)Eddie Kingston - AEW, 39. My first impression of Kingston on the mic (when he debuted at AEW) wasn't super great, but over time that's changed a WHOLE lot, and his feud with Mox running up to his second title shot was incredible.
3)Brodie Lee - AEW, 41. He'd probably have made the list just because people telling Vince to gently caress off tickles me a bit. But he felt right at home leading the Dark Order; and him squashing Cody for the TNT belt made him feel like a loving monster. I was really stoked that he was finally getting some time to actually be a solo act. Not to mention all the poo poo that came out about what a good dude he was after he died.
4)Orange Cassidy - AEW, 36. I'm not big on comedy so I wasn't really sure about a comedy wrestling act, but yea. Turns out it can be pretty loving good.
5)John Silver - AEW, He's not a kid, he's 29. Gets to be on the list by holding the most prestigious title in wrestling, the BTE championship. Also he's okay in the ring and on BTE, I guess.
6)Ricky Starks - AEW, 26. He's probably the best thing Dark has going for it right now
7)Jon Moxley - AEW, 35. See the gently caress-vince note in my Brodie entry. I wasn't super huge on Mox in the ring, I'm not a huge fan of hardcore matches. I don't mind color, but thumbtacks and barbed wire squick me out a bit, and that's where Mox seems to be a home a lot. But I didn't realize that he could cut a promo until some of his more story-driven title defenses (see:Kingston, Omega, etc). He was always kind of "Not Roman and Not Rollins" back when I paid attention to The Shield in WWE, I missed his solo pushes I guess.
8)Brandon Cutler - AEW, 33. He fuckin' made me care about a story arc in which neither of the participants won any of their matches.
9)Asuka - WWE, 39. I always just enjoyed her ring presence in WWE, but I think her tag team match at Wrestlemania really drew that out. The amount of energy she was able to bring to the room when everything else was dead silent due to the performance center being abandoned really kind of saved her match and generally was a good remedy for just how supremely weird early Covid wrestling was.
10)Tetsuya Naito - NJPW, 38. I don't have a good reason for this. I just like him. I only pay attention to NJPW for WK, and only for the past couple of years at that. I think I'm just really into the energy that came from the crowd chanting "Naito" during his entrance and the NJPW commentators yelling "DESTINOOOOOOOOOOOO". Sorry that this is a cop out answer. I reserve the right to drop him from this list if he loving murders Ibushi at WK doing another apron spot though.

HMs
Kris Statlander - AEW, I love her BTE segments but she just didn't wrestle enough this year for me to actually be able to rank her
Io Shirai - NXT - Felt wrong that I had a main-roster WWE person ranked, but not NXT, when I think that NXT is far-and-away the best WWE product. So Io is here because Heel Io was great in 2019 and Heel Io is probably the person I care most about watching in NXT currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

3. Roman Reigns

This is going to be controversial as gently caress as a top 3 pick but seriously if WWE had done this with Roman after, say, he beat Taker, holy poo poo I can't imagine how much better shape the company would be in. Roman is honest to God doing incredible work right now and I understand people not watching WWE, but that's one thing y'all are seriously missing out on.

I stopped watching WWE after WM so I haven't seen a TON of his recent heel work but what I have seen makes him actually seem like a scary heel. So good on him for finally getting a role he can kick rear end in in the post-SHIELD world.