Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
1. PAC (AEW, 34) — The best all-around English-speaking wrestler in the world, imo. Grimy steroids goblin who can do sick flippy poo poo and cut a good villain promo without ever veering into cheesy territory. What else can you want?

2. Fenix (AEW, 30) — I got into wrestling in earnest in 2019, and I started by watching a few NJPW matches, so I was sold basically entirely on people doing sick poo poo in the ring. Nobody on Earth does more sick poo poo in the ring than Fenix.

3. Kota Ibushi (NJPW, 38) — In addition to being a great wrestler, Kota Ibushi might also make my list of "Top Ten Most Fascinating Human Beings Alive."

4. Kris Statlander (AEW, 25) — One of the first people I identified as one of my favorite wrestlers. Beyond the cool moveset, I think I was probably also drawn to her because she was maybe the first exciting newcomer to a wrestling company I was following. Very sad about her injury and very excited for her eventual return.

5. Eddie Kingston (AEW, 39) — For me, the non-wrestling parts of wrestling usually range on a scale from "stupid" to "cheesy fun." Eddie Kingston breaks that scale. He's so good at talking, 100% of the time he does it. He can be awesome in a dumb wrestling context (like when he's gleefully trying to break a family apart), but he can also be just straight-up, no qualifiers awesome (like in the build to the Moxley match). The only person whose in-ring work has nothing to do with his place on my list.

6. “Hangman” Adam Page (AEW, 29) — I actually didn't instinctively think of Hangman as one of "my favorites" — maybe because I'm not as in love with the Elite story as the rest of the internet? — but there sure as hell aren't many people I like more than him. Seems like a genuinely good and funny dude, and he might have had the most outstanding matches of anyone in AEW in 2020.

7. John Silver (AEW, 29) — On here less for the (pretty funny) BTE stuff and more for his genuinely great wrestling work. I'm still a relative newcomer to wrestling, and the idea that a guy like John Silver can't be a legit star is mind-boggling to me. He's a physical marvel with obvious charisma and on-point technical skill. If the people with booking power don't think a 5'4" dude doing one-handed gorilla presses isn't worthy of the ultimate spotlight, then they're dumb and should be replaced.

8. Thunder Rosa (AEW/NWA, 34) — Great wrestler, great look, good on the mic, a champion for women's wrestling. Feels like she's on the verge of being one of the most important people in the business and I really want to see that happen.

9. Trent? (AEW, 33) — Of all the things I love about Trent?, the thing that tops the list is probably the fact that one of his signature spots is being violently flung into the ringpost. Either that or his grocery store habits. Another beautiful wrestling weirdo

10. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW, 45) — I only really watch NJPW for a couple of big shows and some nights of the G1. Some nights of the G1 are all I need to know Ishii loving owns. Another guy that makes me think "The entire wrestling business is wrong about which guys should be stars"

HM: Io Shirai, Nyla Rose, Ricky Starks, Bayley, Hiromu Takahashi, Zack Sabre Jr., Sasha Banks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am now officially the forum's Biggest PAC Fan and demand to be recognized as such

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

I feel like I'm alone in not thinking Thunder Rosa is really that great. Like, she's fine but I think she gets overhyped cause of how light AEW's women's roster was when she came in

I agree that she probably wouldn't stand out as much if she didn't appear in a women's wrestling oasis, but she's also one of the best all-around English-speaking wrestlers in America right now imo. Between in-ring, mic work and presence/look she doesn't have a real weakness in her game

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Artelier posted:

Oh hey the exact same spot as last year!

Zack Stable Jr.