Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I can't say it often enough, Hurt Business vs Retribution had insane amounts of potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hurt business was their best act in years

agreed

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
rico should've joined the hurt business too

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Whenever someone calls Ricochet Rico, I start singing YOOOOOOOOU LOOK SOOOOOO GOOD TO ME to myself.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Vince breaking up The Hurt Business just because he could is...still one of his most baffling decisions in recent memory. There was literally no upside to breaking them up. The only reason I could imagine that he would break them up is because he was afraid Bobby might get cheered against Drew when live audiences return at Mania. But I don't think that was ever going to happen. Instead after THB broke up, that same night, Baron Corbin showed up on RAW (despite being a Smackdown superstar) and reforming two thirds of the "Midcard of Evil" with Bobby.

I won't lie, I would be utterly fascinated to dissect Vince's thought processes just because they are so...disorganized.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

I would be utterly fascinated to dissect Vince's thought processes

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

His thought process is the first Wyatt vs Orton WM match?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol i just looked back at the hurt business vs retribution 8 man tag team match and completely forgot that the fiend showed up for no goddamn reason and destroyed retribution

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I struggle to think of a modern day wrestling faction that was worse than Retribution. I think their only redeeming factor was their entrance song.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkstarIV posted:

I struggle to think of a modern day wrestling faction that was worse than Retribution.

League of Nations, perhaps?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/mark-henry-reveals-lying-to-wwe-to-get-daniel-bryan-hired/

quote:

Mark Henry Reveals Lying To WWE To Get Daniel Bryan Hired

WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry appeared on BT Sports’ The Run-In to promote WrestleMania 37. The conversation turned to Daniel Bryan and Henry’s unlikely connection with him. The student of WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, Bryan was an unlikely hiring for WWE in 2010. Henry revealed he had a had in getting Bryan a look, including fudging a few details about Bryan’s credentials.

“I had to lie to everybody’s face to get Daniel Bryan looked at,” Henry revealed. “They wanted guys who were big and huge. And I said ‘this guy is like 6’1, 200 lbs. He can get it done.

“Then he got there and they were like ‘that guy’s not 6’1!’ And I said that he must’ve had lifts in his shoes.”

Once he got Bryan in the door, the rest is history. Bryan has been involved in two World title matches at WrestleMania, and will compete in his third this Sunday. Henry wasn’t surprised, saying that Bryan’s ability was enough that it would make his size a moot point.

“But I knew he was really good,” Henry said. “Sometimes when you’re really good it don’t matter what your size is. And he was one of those guys that I just knew. I was like ‘man this guy is a really really excellent wrestler, excellent psychologist.’

“He was already wrestling. They didn’t have to show him how to do anything, they didn’t have to wait a long time. And he was able to get it done.”

Bryan will be in the main event of WrestleMania 37 Night Two, taking on Roman Reigns and Edge for the WWE Universal Championship.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Catpetter1981 posted:

League of Nations, perhaps?

League of Nations at least got clowned on at Wrestlemania by Foley HBK and Austin

Retribution did nothing for six months and then disbanded on the ppv before Wrestlemania

the loving Corre did more than Retribution. They might be the worst faction to ever exist

edit: In WWE. Nightmare Collective was worse but at least they had the wherewithal to kill them after a few weeks when it was obvious how bad it was.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kunabomber posted:

rico should've joined the hurt business too

There could have been a genuinely good story of both HB and Retribution trying to recruit him with Ricochet torn in the middle.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
retribution and HB showing up at the WWE job fair, trying to entice the 24/7 catering crew to join

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dacap posted:

There could have been a genuinely good story of both HB and Retribution trying to recruit him with Ricochet torn in the middle.

We could have had a remake of the Stable Wars with Recognition, HB, Zelina Vega's Stable of Ridiculously Handsome Men, and possibly Ricochet's Job Squad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alaois posted:

man where'd darkstar go, I'd really like them to come back

*darkstar comes back*

no not like that
I’m glad he’s back because it’s good when someone criticises WWE from a better informed position than some jabroni hooting and hollering over a 5 second gif and a recap of a recap of a recap

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

I’m glad he’s back because it’s good when someone criticises WWE from a better informed position than some jabroni hooting and hollering over a 5 second gif and a recap of a recap of a recap

I am still waiting for the day the mods finally cave to my demands and turn this subforum into its true form, a battlebots discussion forum tbh

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
League of Nations was a mess simply put together to make Roman look good, but they had both the World and US Titles, got a Tag Title feud and looked cool as hell together. Probably one of the bigger squandered opportunities in recent memory. Retribution were dorks from the start and never looked better for a single second.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I refuse to accept that nobody in the WWE except for Mark Henry had heard of Daniel Bryan, there's just no way, that's some "also I would've been the bassist for Metallica" level wrestler talking about their past stuff

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Thanks for breaking down what Raquel has said for me, DSIV.

---

The best part of the League of Nations is that, from my understanding, Owens was supposed to be in it, but he was sick that show. And, instead of getting buried forever for calling in sick, he managed to dodge a creative bullet.

---

It's looking like the WWE edits are, at least for now, going for blackface and slurs, based on what they've apparently done subsequent to the original edits:

(HHH was in blackface for the Corporation skit as he was imitating The Rock again.)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

DarkstarIV posted:

I am still waiting for the day the mods finally cave to my demands and turn this subforum into its true form, a battlebots discussion forum tbh

The lights are off, the thread is locked, it’s a robot fighting time

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

League of Nations was a mess simply put together to make Roman look good, but they had both the World and US Titles, got a Tag Title feud and looked cool as hell together. Probably one of the bigger squandered opportunities in recent memory. Retribution were dorks from the start and never looked better for a single second.

This photo almost made it all worth it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Retribution is the worst wwe stable ever

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DarkstarIV posted:

I struggle to think of a modern day wrestling faction that was worse than Retribution. I think their only redeeming factor was their entrance song.

Sports Entertainment Xtreme? Masked Mr Wrestling III turns out to be Vince Russo, he demands Jeff Jarrett decides if he's with or against him, Jarrett decides against so Russo brings along the Nazi Harris twins & BG James. At some point, deciding they needed to have an even worse leader for the group than Russo, Glenn Gilberti tried to takeover after Russo "retired to spend time with his family"

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

DarkstarIV posted:

Just start talking about battlebots and claim it happened on NXT, no one here would be able to call your bluff

This isn't as big a joke as you think it is

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think Retribution's biggest accomplishment was...beating the RAW Men's Survivor Series team right before the event itself...just for the RAW team to go on and basically sweep Team Smackdown at the event.

I know Reckoning though didn't win a single match on the main roster, and I think only won once on Main Event apparently. She probably had one of the worst main roster debuts of all time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I kept track of them

Updated Retribution stats!

Retribution is 1-7
lost 3v3 against Hurt Business
lost 5v5 against Hurt Business
lost 4v4 elimination match against Hurt Business
won 4v4 against Strowman, Lee, Riddle, Sheamus
lost 2v2 against Dana Brooke & Ricochet
lost 2v2 against Woods & Kofi
lost 2v2 against Woods & Kofi, for the 2nd time!
lost 3v3 against Riddle & Lucha House Party

In singles
Mace 1-0
Ali 2-2 (2nd lost was for the US title)
T-Bar 2-0
Reckoning is 0-1
Slapjack is 1-2

Ali lost in a Fourway vs Morrison, Elias, Riocohet
Xavier joins Ricochet as being the only other wrestler to lose a singles match to any of Retribution

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
poor mia yim, buried alongside keith lee

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't come into PSP to see people complain about what nobodies on Twitter are saying about WWE....

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince breaking up The Hurt Business just because he could is...still one of his most baffling decisions in recent memory. There was literally no upside to breaking them up. The only reason I could imagine that he would break them up is because he was afraid Bobby might get cheered against Drew when live audiences return at Mania. But I don't think that was ever going to happen. Instead after THB broke up, that same night, Baron Corbin showed up on RAW (despite being a Smackdown superstar) and reforming two thirds of the "Midcard of Evil" with Bobby.

I won't lie, I would be utterly fascinated to dissect Vince's thought processes just because they are so...disorganized.

and he believed it HARD. Bobby and MVP had private meetings with him and he just would not budge an inch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

I don't come into PSP to see people complain about what nobodies on Twitter are saying about WWE....

No I can see what nobodies are saying about WWE right here

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Cancel Culture featuring Joey Ryan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Cancel Culture featuring Joey Ryan.

I completely forgot that faction existed. I also wish I could forget Joey Ryan existed but alas.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

I haven't seen anyone post a T-Bar tweet

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
T-BAR winning ARMBAR tomorrow.

Question is, will he still be wearing his retribution clothes like how Roman wore his shield gear 4 years after the shield broke up

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Have Cedric & Shelton join retribution 🤯

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwHuxXNe06U

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So apparently WWE were inducting pioneering African American women's wrestler Ethel Johnson into the hall of fame. Except:

1) they never asked her family

https://twitter.com/missezrenee/status/1379794903388028929

2) they used footage of an entirely different wrestler.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1380182670219558919

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slapjack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

teee-baaar