Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Seeing as they're on a Legends kick they can bring back Christy Hemme, FFG vs WAP for WrestleMania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I really, sincerely hope nobody involved in the writing and posting of this tweet knows what "good head game" means and this is, against all odds, a 100% naïve mistake.

I mean, I know it's WWE and everything they do is entirely intentional and "old man sucked off by daughter-look-a-like" is prime Vince, but I want to believe. I have to believe, for my own mental wellbeing.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Definitely Lana vs Tables for me, for the same reason: whether it was vindictive or just plain arbitrary, either way it was not something that could have ever served any worthwhile purpose. A lot of WWE's ideas are terrible in execution but I can at least see how, on paper, they may have started out with the potential to entertain. Putting Lana through a table every week for months on end was never going to be entertaining and it lasted week after week after week. That's makes it the truest to the spirit of the Gobbledy Gooker, in my eyes.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I would love this dumb poo poo if they'd played it absolutely straight and dry. WWE desperately needs to learn how to do comedy other than 'whacky' clowning and buffoonery.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
You mean the most hardcore Street Fighter fans didn't like Bison portrayed as a short, blonde, Irish mobster? Shocking.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I really don't see the Harley connection. She dressed in Harley's short-lived Suicide Squad colours a couple of years ago, but that's been it. Beyond being blonde women, the two characters have nothing in common now. Hell, these days Harley in books is part of the Bat family and a plain hero (I dunno who WWE's current Batman equivalent would be; DB? Undertaker?) while her cartoon is written far beyond WWE's comprehension. Alexa is really more like Baby Doll from the less-popular episodes of Batman, if she was working for Mad Hatter or Dr Psycho.

Not that WWE's writing really deserves to be compared to any major superhero property, either comic book, film or cartoon. WWE would be lucky if they ever reached the dizzying heights of the Travolta Punisher.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I just think it's very telling of the state of WWE's product that, for all their efforts to trend, a literal anus is the closest they've come to mainstream success. Three hours of television and a bruised ringpiece is their shining star.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't believe these dumb motherfuckers do not unionise. I know we're not supposed to rag on the workers, but for gently caress sake. WWE is clearly committed to being as evil as possible at all times and will not stop pushing that boundary; there is zero point standing by and hoping they will miraculously change their ways. Every wrestler, every announcer, every person on the set crews, camera crews, audio, web, everything, need to unionise and stand up to management.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm very okay with anti-maskers just loving right off.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

I don't know... I guess it amazes me that you have people like Lana that have more followers on social media than there are Raw viewers. Like they're fans of the stars, but not of the show.
It's a lot easier to click 'follow' once than it is to sit in front of 3+ hours of wrestling each week. It's not like all those people are spending time seeking out every single photo and tweet someone posts. I suspect if you look up the actual number of views on each of their individual posts, very few people in WWE actually get >1m hits per Instagram image or whatever.

I'd be more shocked if there were many women in WWE who had follower counts below Raw's viewership. 2,000,000-ish seems to be pretty standard for profitable influencers (i.e. conventionally attractive young women, which makes up most of WWE's roster) and I know Paige passed the 5,000,000 mark some time ago, for instance. Even if they don't actively pursue any kind of influencer career, it must be pretty hard for anyone who gets any kind of screen time on WWE to not build a significantly large following, especially the women. A quick bit of googling of a few midcarders suggests to me even the most irrelevant of WWE wrestlers sits somewhere around the 500,000 mark on Instagram.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

graph posted:

also who is rhea supposed to feud with
I was mildly surprised (poor booking being a given) that she didn't turn up right after the Rumble to beat the Fiend out of Alexa. Get Alexa back to normal before the gimmick gets tired and put Rhea over a significant threat right away.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

D.N. Nation posted:

yeah pretty sure Vince didn't have Trish strip and bark like a dog merely for HEAT
That may have just been to get himself off, but I am absolutely certain that devouring her face in front of his wife was definitely very important character development. Look at the sacrifice he is making for the benefit of the viewers.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

With WALTER now in America... what the hell is left on NXT UK?
A couple of women, and a whole lot of guys who embody "just happy to be here".

Realistically, Walter, Viper, Jinny and Isla Dawn should be moved to NXT proper, and the rest booted and UK forgotten about. There is zero value to it now. It's not like they even have to keep hoarding wrestlers to deny other promotions (not that they should have ever been doing that), since WOS is dead.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

ICR posted:

Lacey Evans: Sassy Southern Belle

Sarah Logan: Gritty Southern Belle
I get where Lacey's comes from; when was Sarah ever called that? Why would she ever be called that? There are a lot of bad nicknames on that list but that one is particularly inane.

Vandar posted:

So, the WWE did a list of the '50 Greatest Women's Superstars' this week.

https://tjrwrestling.net/full-list-of-wwes-50-greatest-women-superstars-countdown-on-wwe-network-plus-tjr-thoughts/

You can probably guess the top five pretty easily, but lol at the rest of the list. It's kind of a complete mess. I feel like Torrie Wilson got totally snubbed here.
Toni, Kaitlyn, Kay Lee Ray, Sonya, and Shotzi all got done dirty. Kelly Kelly shouldn't be on such a list at all, let alone ahead of anybody. Her entire claim to fame is that Vince and/or Kevin wanted to plow her. I mean, sure, I actually would put even Torrie above her if that's the standard we're going with.
Which makes me think, Tori should be somewhere on there. She wasn't great but if we're talking about the sort of list where K2 qualifies and Sable can make it to the top third, Tori should qualify as well.

Sticking Trish up high isn't a surprise but I do not get how there could be any case for her being the #1 woman in WWE history. Even at her best she was bettered all-round by Mickie, Victoria, Jazz, Molly, and Gail; I'd even say Lita wasn't more than a step behind Trish in any particular aspect.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

HerraS posted:

Trish became a huge star during a time when WWE didnt even pretend to give two fucks about their womens division. She absolutely is the lock-on for #1 and arguing otherwise is loving stupid.
She became a huge star because WWE didn't give a gently caress and only featured women in very limited capacities except her, which was a decision they made long before she was any good. She was the hottest by WWE's terms, which was the main factor in women's booking at the time, so she got the most screentime making her the de facto #1 even when she was properly poo poo (nobody should ever pretend she started out well) and even once much more talented women came on board. (It would be entirely unfair to suggest that the likes of Gail Kim or Victoria, for example, ever got given half as much of a chance as Trish and absolutely nobody was ever pushed harder than her except maybe the Bellas.)
She was effectively the Roman Reigns of women. Both were not very good at first but given the spotlight anyway thanks to ticking off management's arbitrary boxes, both eventually became significantly better but were/are still outclassed in every way by others, and though they did/are doing an adequate job of being the linchpin of their divisions and time, neither was/is good enough at anything—let alone everything—to justify being called the #1 best ever.

Repeat the same for Charlotte being #2. Being a big deal because WWE decided you'd be a big deal at the cost of anything and anyone else does not mean you're actually the best, even if you are capable of being quite good on your own merits. There's a gigantic difference between being presented as the best and actually being the best. See also: Triple H.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

BrigadierSensible posted:

I bet in the WWE backstage higher up bubble that Stephanie inhabits, not a single one of the other useless middle management suits give half a gently caress about the women as wrestlers, or even talent.
I can't remember her job title at the time, because all of WWE's job titles seem entirely arbitrary, but IIRC she was directly in charge of creative during both the endless Playboy lingerie match era and the following 'every woman is a psychotic faux-lesbian bitch' phase, then moved to brand officer right before AJ, Paige and Emma came in. She had the power to do something about the state of the women's division in WWE long before any changes were made.

ed: Checked it, she was 'director of creative television' from 2002-2006, then she became 'executive vice-president of creative development and operations' and a producer until 2013. So the very end of her control over creative just barely overlapped with the very start of the 'revolution'. So at best she did nothing about it for 10 years, when she had all the power to, then maybe pushed for change in her last year as the de facto second-in-command of booking.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 31, 2021

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Benne posted:

Literally who is this for
Vince, Kevin, or HHH, take your pick.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Jetfire posted:

Can I pay Matt Riddle to admit his crimes on video
He's dumb enough that I'm 100% sure you can.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

SethSeries posted:

Is there a link to the Riddle stuff? I only recently started watching and want further validation to see him get his rear end kicked.
We've got a whole thread covering him and many others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't believe Dan Ryckert.

I was going to come up with more to that sentence, but stopping it there is the most truthful.