Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Also apparently Angel Garza is the 24 /7 Champion now? I looked up to see when that happened and supposedly it was at a TikTok New Year's Eve Party? :wtc:

I actually expected much more of that when the title first got announced before it became the conga-line chase roll-up win belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

k but what tier are Guile and Akuma? I haven't competed for a few patches

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn that has got to be mortifying for so many wrestlers to see.

Eh Lars should be grateful he wasn't lower

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Isn't Mojo on raw? Also what happened to that storyline where Kalisto was turning heel?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So you're all saying Mojo ISNT on raw, gotcha. Sorry I zoned out of the draft after Titus

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I imagine we'll see Otis win the 24/7 title and when the jobber mob chases him they actually catch him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
WWE could probably do better with The Hand than The Defenders and season 2 of Daredevil did. For a global crime syndicate, The Hand seemed to have less henchman than Retribution.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Codependent Poster posted:

At least with the Hand it will make sense on how Bray returns, since they're all about resurrections.

Fiend - Joker
Alexa - Harley Quinn
Rambling Rabbit - Elektra

CarlCX posted:

The thing is, goddamn near anyone who makes it to the WWE's main roster COULD have worked. It's extremely rare that someone makes it to the main roster without having some sufficient level of quality to be a wrestling star. Adam Rose could have worked. Bo Dallas could have worked. If they'd had No Way Jose laugh and party and then beat someone to death with his bare hands every week, he could've worked too.

I hope when Apollo turns heel on Big E its him doing his "just happy to be here" smile while mercilessly wailing on Big E with a chair

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 4, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dimebags Brain posted:

This was literally his heel persona in Dragon Gate.

Apollo was a heel before? But he's so nice

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1346914174677340161

TJP saying the riots are deserved because the elections were rigged makes me regret ever saying dolph ziggler's twitter game is as bad as his. Dolph didn't deserve that.

The cruiserweight title was cursed the second they made him the first champ

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 6, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1347285453729275905?s=21

Lol, WWE had a chance to take the title off an accused abuser and put it on their hottest new talent in the division and loving whiffed it.

I thought he wasnt the cruiserweight champ tho. Wait, which belt isn't in lineage with TJP? Cause I'll call that one the real title.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Poor Adam, he missed out on his in ring return getting a monster pop at the royal rumble when he comes out #30

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Gotta admire their restraint, they went a few months without the authority figure becoming Literally The Main Character

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Bringing back Talking Smack was a good idea (couldnt get direct vid link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ktswio/talking_smack_paul_heyman_offers_some_special/

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Would be nice if they let the wrestlers do poo poo like this actually on their show :sigh:

That clip didn't even make it on their youtube

This did tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro5BcvisY4Y

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How have Roman, Drew, and Asuka run out of opponents already? The draft was 2 months ago

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Did Lucha Underground have any fireballs? Although I guess if this was LU, Alexa and Randy woulda had 2 matches by now

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wasn't Lacey's last gimmick that she was a wholesome, loving family woman

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qg_Z9zBXI

oh god it has lyrics 30 seconds in. This song is too soft to even be playing in the background while Knuckles is looking for chaos emeralds.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
250k in low by wwe standards but it is a quarter of a million to wrestle 8 minutes a week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
What do TUE have left to do in NXT? One of their tag guys is getting world title shots, I think they're at the limit.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vagabundo posted:

On the other hand, do you think they'll survive being moved up to the main roster? Why would they want to go to Raw or SmackDown, where an out of touch, insane old man is likely to job them out to loving Baron Corbin and then blame them for not catching on.

can nxt survive if they don't leave

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Erebus posted:

The only thing I remember from that movie other than CHARLIE NASH is the one time they break out the spinning bird kick and it looks like poo poo and includes an insert shot of her dumb bird necklace so they can say get it?? get it???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjtfeq1t1Rc

That didn't touch anyone....... they even had multiple camera cuts available to make it look like it could have.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

Are there any actual women's tag teams left in the whole company?

Actually almost all women are paired off so they can do women's title and women's tag title storylines at the same time. The ratio amount of double champions in that young title's lifespan is absolutely insane, the writers just love being able to kill two birds with one stone only having to write one women's title program.

Even peyton without billie is somehow still in the tag division. As for NXT not many women teams overall but to be perfectly fair, makeshift tag teams mingling with a handful of established ones has been the tourney's gimmick every year. Randomly pairing off women isnt much different than what almost every former winning team did.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Golden Bee posted:

It’s sad that she’s still the most successful member of Sanity

I dunno, the guy playing sidekick to the dude who cried on the internet and on tv to get his job that he lost for no reason back is about to win the dusty classic.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

I feel like a guy having to drop "I wanted to be a sports entertainer" while crying about his dead dad is a new low for the phrase

I don't use the phrase "rolled over in grave" lightly but if his dad was a wrestling fan, that might be that shuffling sound I hear.

bartok posted:

The last Rumble I remember is the one Nakamura won and I was genuinely excited because like an idiot I thought that meant WWE would finally have a Japanese World Champion.

Unpopular opinion, I unironically liked the Brock gauntlet last year. I wasn't in "OMG X GOT BURIED (okay maybe a tiny bit for Morrison since he JUST got signed)" mode and was just enjoying the raid boss. 2nd half of that rumble was back to "7 guys snuggling in corners" mode if you prefer that.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 16, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
still baffled we had like a 6 month heel KO vs face shane feud then a 6 month face KO vs heel shane feud

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Well poo poo, that's the best Styles Clash of all of 2021 already. How did they even think of that?

Hell even after thinking of it, how tf did it play out the way they pictured it in their heads

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 19, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MassRafTer posted:

Backstage segments are pretaped. This was not live. They could have done it again.

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1351344033386397700

I blame the camera man, Bobby just being safe.

But yeah...... pretaped

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
the only time no-selling was creepy was that episode of The Powerpuff Girls where they went into a post-apocalyptic future where Him destroyed the world and none of their attacks were hurting Him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

If you’ve ever wondered what the three faces of Foley thing would be like if it were ten times stupider and performed by a much worse wrestler with dogshit creative surrounding it, well that’s the Bray/Fiend/Mr Rogers gimmick.

So Bray is getting 3 rumble spots?

dromal phrenia posted:

HIM is a great creepy villain and Bray should imitate him instead of whatever the Fiend is. Not entirely sure about the legitimacy of lobster claws in non-DQ matches tho...

I cant quite gauge any weapon. Remember HitC2019 when The Fiend used a giant hammer and it was fine but when Seth went to use a little hammer the ref was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Adam Pearce is going to be entered in the Rumble match since he was denied his title opportunity.

He's not medically cleared to compete. The match with him and Roman being called off wasn't a planned swerve.

Huntman posted:

Had a feeling Elayna signed after suddenly vanishing from the Dark tapings, but still a bummer. She's a good pickup for that women's division, ya know, if they can find some time to get her in that already stacked division.

A bunch of women shoulda been called up to main roster after the 10th time they had to feud the women's champ with tag champs because 95% of the division is jobbers. I can't blame any of the women for signing with NXT tho, being in AEW's women's division feels like career suicide until AEW starts caring about it.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 20, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Weirdly the most successful thing The Fiend did was set into motion Finn becoming NXT champion.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since like 12 tag teams broke up last year, they should call up Breezango.

Then don't break them up.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Bout a 99% chance Sister Alexa wins the title cause Asuka hasnt had a non-tag division opponent in like 9 months that isn't a manager or supermodel. Gotta get the belt they didn't want to give her off of her some way.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Procrastinator posted:

arent nxt contracts kinda lame right now

WWE will hook you up with a real estate agent in Florida so you can scream at the smarks how "WWE BOUGHT MY HOUSE"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1351965908835643398?s=19

Keith Lee is the cutest

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alaois posted:

i know everyone immediately focused on Gigi Dolin but Cora Jade

CORA JADE

literally just two letters changed from a Star Wars expanded universe character

Last time someone posted the nxt name generator it took over the thread for 200 posts. Not entirely sure Cora Jade wasn't one of the rolls.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
is Wes Lee wrestling tonight?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Hope she has a lower impact finisher for when she's on Main Event. Unless she's not winning those matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This whole thing with Undertaker calling new wrestlers' locker room soft cause they play video games backstage and Woods saying they'd rather be playing games in the locker room than doing drugs reminds me of the time Disco Inferno tried to defend old wrestling locker rooms. I dont remember precisely what he said the Steiner Brothers did to him but I think it was some weird sexual stuff and Disco defended it by going "That was just them showing that they liked me! Nobody ever picked on anyone they didn't like, that's how you knew you were one of the boys." Yeah I think I'll take the locker room where to become one of the boys you just gotta play in a Mortal Kombat tournament.