Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Everyone is missing the actual important part of tonight.

https://twitter.com/SonyaDevilleWWE/status/1345221929226166272

Sonya's back. :swoon:

I will now gladly begin watching the WWE again via YouTube clips uploaded onto non-WWE channels because lol at giving them any kind of views whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I love Sonya, her promos were amazing during that feud with Mandy and Otis.

Sonya has always been a secretly great promo. I just really hope they get behind her this time and give her a decent push.

(They won't.)

I'm still waiting quietly and patiently for a feud between her and Asuka...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Power Windows posted:

I've said it a million times, but go back and watch her match against Io at Worlds Collide 2019. She's only gotten better since then.

Becky even singled her out as a future star.

PUSH SONYA

is what I'm getting at

When it comes to wrestling, I want little more in 2021 than a Sonya push. She could absolutely be a major star if they would just get behind her.

(And put her and Mandy back together, thanks. Not like you've got Mandy doing anything else.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

Just had a sad thought

Since WWE hasn't really made any legend tier stars in the last few decades we're going to hit a point where there are no WWE legends left alive in a few years

Insert Xavier and Breeze's lost generation speech here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1346311010899124224?s=20

Ali speaking truths.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

R-Truth and Carmella made for a pretty fun team together, and Carmella getting to join in with her own parts on the entrance rap was a lot of fun.

Of course, like all good things in the WWE, they had to split them up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/bawgxd

it's funnier than it sounds in motion, holy loving poo poo

STRAIGHT UP STEVE AUSTIN SEASON 2 PREMIERE NEXT completely makes this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Didn't someone already do an angle with their opponents dad? I want to say Torrie Wilson and her dad, and.... someone I don't remember?

Dawn Marie, as said before.

That angle ended with lesbian hotel sex and Torrie's dad's death, so I'm excited to see how this Ric/Lacey angle turns out. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

cams posted:

edge and cena come off real bad in that story

How do you figure?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

It reminds me of that Chun Li-focused Street Fighter movie. I haven't actually seen it, but I remember reading about it on SA and chuckled at how the best part is apparently Chris Klein constantly yelling NASH OUT into walkie-talkies.

It's been a while but if I'm remembering right, Balrog punches Chun Li's mom so hard she gets cancer and dies.

What a fuckin' awful movie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

shiksa posted:

jesus christ

mongo was criminally underpaid

Well, he was only a pawn in the game of life...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the fiend was always garbage and i couldn't figure out anyone saw in him pre-HiaC

The Fiend was new and different and the WWE had been so bad and getting worse that everyone latched onto the Fiend praying that this time the WWE wouldn't gently caress things up.

Spoiler: They hosed things up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nitro also had the decency of not being 3 loving hours long

Am I remembering wrong, or didn't they add a third hour to Nitro in like, '99?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, why is Sonya DeVille now management? I seem to remember her being heel, so is she a heel authority figure? Is she Adam Pearce's lackey or hanger on? Was she wearing a power suit to show that she is now management?

She lost to Mandy so she can never wrestle again or something.

(Honestly, it's probably temporary, a way to keep her on the show and give her something to do but an easy way to not have her around if stuff with her trial comes up and she has to miss a night.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

alexa will win the belt, and then be in the rumble as a champion to set up a feud or some stupid poo poo. probably vs charlotte idk

Charlotte is the one Horsewoman that Alexa hasn’t feuded with yet, so...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

For Charlotte to beat Alexa at wrestlemania, she will have to lose the tagteam titles in a random match. I don’t think WWE would *starts cackling into a low, defeated moan*

Why would she have to lose the tag team titles to beat Alexa?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Why did NBC even making a goddamn streaming service when they can't air Friends or Seinfeld (arguably their two biggest shows) because Netflix has the rights?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So who's going to be watching the SUPERSTAR SPECTACLE in fifteen minutes? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

quote:

* The New Day’s Xavier Woods and WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E are out first to open the actual show taping. Cole says The New Day is here for a special Bhangra performance. They wish a Happy Republic Day to Indians. They do their usual promo and mention that they have special plans. The Street Profits interrupt and Montez Ford apparently fumbled his promo some. All four then announce a special “Spinning Canvas” performance. A Dhol Beater comes out followed by several dancers for a Bhangra performance. After the Bhangra performance, all four Superstars have a dance party in the ring with some Bollywood-style dancing.

Did anyone here actually watch the Spectacle? Was this offensive? Because this feels like it had a ton of potential to be offensive, and well, it's the WWE so...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

I didn't watch the India show. Here are some stupid questions about it.

Did they reference the fact that it was shown on Republic Day in India? Given how Vince likes to cozy up to Right Wing racist insane political leaders, (Trump, MBS), were there any references to Modi? Likewise were there any crowd pandering references to cricket, Hindu gods, or other such India-centric stuff? Any Indian celebs, (Bollywood stars, ex cricketers etc.) wheeled out for pops?

Again, sorry for the stupid questions.

They mentioned Republic Day and also the New Day and the Street Profits apparently did a Bollywood dance number.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.thesportster.com/news/alexa-bliss-dealing-with-twitter-stalker/

Here we go again. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I toxxed that if Bryan doesn't win I won't watch WWE again until the next Royal Rumble, and I fully expect not to be watching till the Royal Rumble next year because I don't think Vince can resist doing Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania, that's right it's time for the only two members of The Shield who ever existed to FINALLY (again) wrestle each other!

Either you win the toxx or you don't have to watch the WWE.

No matter what you win!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

The worst rumble was the one where there was an extended sequence where Kane and the Big Show systematically dumped everyone's favorite wrestlers out of the ring like bags of garbage, as though Vince himself was screaming at the audience for liking them

The best part is when they eliminated Daniel Bryan right as Goldust was entering, and they made sure to capture SHATTERED DREAMS in the background as Daniel hit the floor.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I marked like gently caress and leaped off the couch when Victoria showed up tonight. My fiancee didn't understand why I was so excited so I had to calm down and explain it to her.

It was so loving awesome seeing her back again. About drat time, too. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

If your magical transformation of ultimate power depends on your opponent just standing there like an idiot then it doesn't sound too threatening to me, tbh.

I mean, it works for Goku, the Power Rangers, Sailor Moon...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dacap posted:

Also, Rovert seems to be implying on Twitter that Aleister Black is done

He's also very strongly hinting that Vince has dementia (I mean, duh), but with apparently not being at the Rumble and apparently not answering questions on the investors call, part of me really wonders if this might finally be the beginning of the end for Vince.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 5, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

Why would you put the 'pizza print' on after you cut the pizza? Wont it cause the slice to be all weird when you try pulling it apart with what amounts to a sticker stuck onto it that hasnt been cut

If I had to make a guess, I'd assume the heat from the pizza melts it onto the pizza and then it comes apart easily?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I have a handful of AEW shirts. The only WWE shirts I have are a pair of Southpaw Regional Wrestling shirts, the Lethal Leap Year and Showdown at the Swamp shirts.

Southpaw was so good. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

:negative:

I understand it because her husband is in the company, but...gods, I can't help but be extremely disappointed by this. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

This went under the radar, but WWE purchased the distribution and broadcast rights for the Like Mike films, likely a move to expand their films division's focus. This purchase also secures them the name to the fictional LA Knights NBA team that Lil Bow Wow plays for in the series' first film. Interesting stuff.

Is this true or just a joke?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i dont know what the figures were but they likely spent millions on the Bow Wow partnership and Like Mike licenses

Again I'll ask, is the Like Mike part actually true? Is there a source for that?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know it's probably not going to be, but I really hope Young Rock is good, or at the very least decent. I really like the casting job they've done for the show. Some of the actors playing the wrestlers are really spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFDQDAZ16I

(Is the WWE thread appropriate for this? I guess it's close enough?)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Please return to talking about the WWF, a wrestling promotion that has a Pay Per View tonight.

You're not going to fool me. They just had the Rumble like, two weeks ago. No one would be dumb enough to run another ppv so close to another like that. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I want to think that you're joking about the Rumble but I can't trust this company. Their PPV schedule is so forgettable and yet they run PPVs frequently.

Three weeks ago. My bad. It's still too soon. :colbert:

At least it's better than that period they were doing two PPVs a month I guess.

Coaaab posted:

You know, I never really notice the gap between PPVs for AEW even though there are only four per year because they're good at trying to make their TV matter from week-to-week while also holding special events on a monthly basis that they also just give away on TV.

They're real good at making their PPVs seem important and special and they treat them like a right and proper big deal. Funny how you can do that when you're not making GBS threads one out every couple weeks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

flatluigi posted:

will the ppvs be streaming on peacock as well

actually are they already streaming on peacock? i didn't pay any attention to when they were actually moving over

Elimination Chamber is the final Network ppv.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

There are obviously exceptions -- Griff Garrison, Florida Georgia Line -- but it's the former so often I cannot blame people for jumping to conclusions when they see a wall of anonymous internet faces questioning who the hell Bad Bunny is.

No one else jumped on this and I don't want to leave you hanging, so...

*ahem*

Who the gently caress is Griff Garrison? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Charlotte promo from tonight was cringey as hell and just makes me dislike her even more.

"I'm not trying to be Ric Flair's daughter, I'm trying to be Charlotte Flair!"

Yeah well if that's the case then perhaps you should stop doing an entrance that uses a remix of Ric's theme while you're wearing a Ric-style robe, stop yelling 'Woo' as a catchphrase, and stop using a variant of his finishing move then? Just a thought? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Intruder posted:

Natural Selection is just a lovely version of a reverse blockbuster so she doesn't have much choice

Hmm, yeah, it's not like there are literally hundreds of other moves that exist in professional wrestling that she could try to use and adapt into a new finishing move, nope, she has to use the one that's a variant of her dad's while screaming about how she isn't her dad. :thunk:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Whatever the joke is it's gone right over my head. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I like Charlotte. If she wasn’t in a company run by idiots she could be as good a heel as Britt Baker but with better ring work. Hopefully she leaves someday she’s an ace in my mind, as long as the company doesn’t try to make her a babyface.

I used to like Charlotte a bunch. For a while she was probably my favorite Horsewoman.

Her overpushing just killed her for me though, and her poo poo with Kairi Sane was the last straw. I do think she would excel in literally any other company, where she could have consistent, good, and worthwhile booking and storytelling.