Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Two black wrestlers are feuding with each other???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

I didn't watch the promo but from the reactions it seems like the comment about confidence being a heel trait is spot on. Caring about wins and losses is a heel trait, too. As is being friends with your tag partner.

To add to what everyone else said, a woman who smiles and laughs is almost always evil in WWE. Vince is a loving weirdo.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
January 11th:

• Jaxson Ryker defeated Jeff Hardy in a singles match in less than a minute thanks to interference by Elias. Jeff challenged Elias, who he was originally scheduled to fight, to a match and Elias - who pulled out of the first fight with a "thumb" injury - accepted.
• Jeff Hardy defeated Elias in a singles match. Elias was angry that Jaxson followed his instruction not to help him.

January 25th:

• Sheamus defeated John Morrison in a singles match. Miz immediately challenged him to a handicap match which an exhausted Sheamus accepted.
• The Miz and Morrison defeated Sheamus in a handicap match.

I hate these segments so Goddamn much and they seem to do them almost every week. Who does this get over??? It's insane.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Imagining the Swiss Uppercut Cesaro could land on Marko Stunt.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I've been confusing Damien Priest with Cameron Grimes all weekend so the push they were giving him seemed even weirder.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
One time they did a thing where they asked a bunch of wrestlers what they could bench and these were Cesaro's answers:

quote:

WWE.COM: What is the most you have ever bench pressed?

CESARO: Four hundred five pounds, but who cares how much you bench?!

WWE.COM: How important is strength training to a WWE Superstar?

CESARO: What’s important is your functional strength. You can’t be a WWE Superstar without doing strength training. Well, looking at some of the guys, you apparently can. But I highly recommend not doing it. If you want to be the best in the ring, you have to be in the greatest shape that you can. To me, it’s about being in better shape every single day. That’s how you should live your life. You should be better every single day. You should be better tomorrow than you were today.

WWE.COM: Who is the most impressive bench presser you have witnessed in person?

CESARO: Who cares?! (Editor’s note: When pressed for an answer, Cesaro revealed it’s Big E Langston.)

WWE.COM: What’s the best way for a person to increase his max bench press?

CESARO: Ask Big E Langston!

Cesaro should be in charge of strength training at the performance center.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
They’ve been doing it for decades but I never understood the “this guy just entered the building an hour into the show” thing. What if he had a match right at the beginning? If he knows he doesn’t have a match, why is he there at all? It doesn’t make sense.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Why would Lacey wrestle if she knows she’s pregnant?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
So no Drew at all?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

I really like how the 2 fighters are the same, just with different clothes. If only they had black hair and beards.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I still assume Miz & Morrison are going to wrestle Priest & Bad Bunny at Wrestlemania, which makes it kind of weird that Miz both won and lost the title without any interaction with them. Why not have Miz try to get counted out and have Priest throw him back in or something?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Their finisher was Cesaro spinning a guy directly into a drop kick from Kidd and it always looked really good.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

He looks like Hollywood Jeremy Jamm.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Do wrestlers hire agents for their contracts? Even if they don’t have a union I can’t believe they’d negotiate a contract without representation.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

There’s no way peacock sticks around for very long.

I don't understand why they haven't put more Universal stuff on there. You'd think advertising "We have all the Harry Potters and Fast & Furious movies!" would be more effective than bragging about having The Office.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I hate that KUSHIDA has faced many real life bastards in the short time he's been in NXT.

It's crazy that he somehow premiered a year and a half ago.

Hirez posted:

are fireballs legal but thighslaps not? I can't get things straight anymore... The Lore of the Fiend is too complex!!!

Every time someone mentions the Lore of the Fiend I imagine someone bursting in and yelling it like Moleculo yells, "THE MOLECULAR MAN!"

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It's amazing how many times they've introduced a man into the women's division and then they end up getting all the storylines and screen time.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Imagine being a wrestler and finding out the WWE hired 60 data scientists to figure out how much you were making on the side so WWE could calculate their cut and then realizing those 60 data scientists probably get health insurance.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Uh, Roman has lifted The Big Show so he’s plenty strong

(I can’t find the gif)

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Elias has a strange mouth.

Bluto-mouthed mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I genuinely think NXT is putting the title on Raquel Gonzalez to get ahead of AEW putting the title on Jade Cargill.