Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wow they really didn't even bother to give brodie any sort of video package

they were being respectful to AEW and letting them air their's first. the video package will be shown on main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m interested to see what Jay can do in the big leagues.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1347619346789453826?s=19

the state media has been given permission to tweet about jay white. he's done for

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Slapjack, T-Bar, and Switchblade

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is literally disney/nickolodean tween sitcom level writing/acting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Yaya posted:

That's a lot of old people they brought in last week, huh

yeah didnt hogan do something with drew?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wonder if anyone else who signed a keep away contract early this year or last year now has a giant target on their back from management

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

250k in low by wwe standards but it is a quarter of a million to wrestle 8 minutes a week.

Travel is really gonna eat into that once they’re back on the road

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lee and Carter? Was their theme song “War”?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Steve “Mongo” McMichael was getting paid just over $250k a year in 1998 by WCW

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tato posted:

Happy birthday Shane....from the UNDERGROUND!!!

pictures that you can hear

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

D.N. Nation posted:

The Alabama/Ohio State national championship game was played in Miami this past week with 15,000 in attendance, so yeah, precedence

Its so much worse though because you just know people are going to be flying in from all 50 states for Mania. A super spreader event, but I guess at this point, everything in America is basically a super spreader event.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamColePro/status/1350652274033487875

Welcome to NXT where the teams are made up and the most roster angles and storylines don't matter (despite being main roster? Maybe he meant Main Event)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lazy like a Fox posted:

Do your clifhangers have to "work" if they never get mentioned again or followed up on? See: Fake Eric Rowan, Randy not lighting Alexa Bliss on fire, any number of other things.

the new writing staff each week doesn't finish filling out paperwork for HR until like 6:30pm before RAW airs, give them a break

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

except the time they fired him and he had to beg for his job back even tho he pissed himself and hosed up his wedding for the company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Wwe’s course of action is clear. In order to now deal efficiently with their new partners, they need to hire Eric Bischoff and use his vast knowledge of the tv business to handle the execs.

God drat that being the reason they hired him still makes me laugh.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Also, any outside party taking over WWE would be a massive improvement. I’d actually consider watching the product if none of the McMahons were involved. I’m pretty confident that any given soulless Disney exec has a higher chance of figuring out what people want than Vince anyways

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kevin Dunn drops the chili as the camera zooms in and out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Peacock is in talks to acquire all episodes of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire for $800 million

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Does MSK stand for anything, or is just three letters they could trademark?

MSK all fuckin day!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Vic Joseph blames lazy millennials for people not wanting to be bothered to switch to Peacock.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/vic-joseph-fans-complaining-about-wwe-moving-peacock-it-comes-down-laziness

its nice to see that even with new competition, wwe isn't afraid to constantly talk down to their customers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1356055612694663168?s=20

"This is Ember's Law"? REALLY?

gently caress this company

idgi

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

It's a play on words ...

Thanks, I’ve never heard of it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rick posted:

Apparently the WWE hired someone whose job involves storyline consistency so that might be why some threads closed yesterday. Good luck with that job though.

That’s the job where they fit you for tire tracks during onboarding

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Even a live sex celebration isn’t enough to get me to tune in to the C brand

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

karmicknight posted:

What is WrestleMania?

a miserable pile of matches

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don’t think WWE deserves the benefit of the doubt like, ever

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dimebags Brain posted:

Vince is advancing to a decline.

:vince:

(need this one to not loop)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do we know for sure that Nick Khan isn't Nathan Fielder doing a bit? It would explain a whole lot.

the plan? create a tv show so bad that no one watches it, so that my night court remake script looks more appealing to USA network

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

From the Observer re: Lars Sullivan's release

There's a decent chance he never made a dime on the main roster

Not gonna shed tears for the racist golem but lol that WWE just straight-up pocketed his salary

wwe profiting from racism, business as usual

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i heard on twitter that bad bunny was the most popular artist in the world and he boost the ratings through the roof, what happened

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

The people into Bad Bunny watched the clips on twitter and bought the merch, basically.

so a bunch of non wrestling fans don't actually want to sit through the worst show on tv for 3 hours???

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

did we ever find out why vince works out in a 1980s shopping mall

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1359915103584460814?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eagerly awaiting to hear about the big TikTok deal that will comprise more than half of the company’s revenue

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Death to America and the WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

unions just want to take food off your table

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Remember that wwe wrestlers, when asked who the smartest person they know is, almost all say it’s Kane by far

and yet you probably don't know what these words mean... curious...

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/1360205410561622017?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Those video game console vs union dues pamphlets were circulated by one or more airlines (I think Delta) like 5 years ago, not WWE.

Cavauro posted:

they're handing this stuff out backstage recently, since a few weeks after the zelina release. know your audience i guess

sorry, looks like you were wrong