Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Intruder posted:

Time to make some enemies

Does Carlito really qualify as a nostalgia act? Like does anyone care about Carlito outside of irony?

He spits in the faces of those who don't want to be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol is that some sort of fireball shooting gun in her hand

yeah I like how this is supposed to be something supernatural I guess, but you can clearly see she's got a flash gun the whole time, they didn't even really try to hide it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blaise330 posted:

Did Lucha Underground have any fireballs? Although I guess if this was LU, Alexa and Randy woulda had 2 matches by now

Drago (offscreen) turned into his full dragon form and blew some fire once during a vignette. I can't remember any supernatural fire during a match -- there was normal fire of the lighter fluid plus table plus a match type

LU didn't really have much supernatural stuff in-ring. The only things I can think of offhand are Katrina teleporting out of the ring once, and people disappearing after they lost a match to Matanza and were "sacrificed to the gods." Both of which were hilarious to watch live since they involved the lights being turned down low and someone just booking it out of the ring before the lights came back up. The LU crowd were famously good sports and would respond this like "WOW MAGIC" for the benefit of the taped show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rick posted:

Lucha Underground had the best crowd in wrestling. Partially because at least some of them were extras, whatever Konan claims, but whatever they still got a lot of people to buy in.

From going there to a lot of the shows, it wasn't extras. There were occasionally some local wrestling school guys as plants if there was going to be a "wrestler gets thrown into the crowd" spot or something, and sometimes you'd have some celebrities or family of the PAs or whatever, but not paid extras, at least not once you got past the first round of episodes as it got off the ground. The real driver was that they didn't charge anything for tickets and so you had a ton of local people who would go every week. There was a sense of community and also people wanted the promotion to do as well as possible so that it would keep going. LU had one hell of a packed roster for a show you could go to for free. The crowd would enthusiastically go along with basically anything because no one wanted to kill the golden goose of free wrestling shows. They also made sure the regulars in the crowd always got tickets even though it was theoretically a first-come first-serve kind of thing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vandar posted:

Dawn Marie, as said before.

That angle ended with lesbian hotel sex and Torrie's dad's death, so I'm excited to see how this Ric/Lacey angle turns out. :v:

To be specific, Dawn Marie hosed Torrie's dad to death. That angle truly had everything.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cerebral Bore posted:

So in other words, nothing beyond the superficial level?

does WWE ever do anything beyond the superficial level

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's the announced card, BTW.

WWE Champion Drew McIntyre & Indus Sher vs. Jinder Mahal & The Bollywood Boyz in a Six-Man Tag Team Match

NXT Champion Finn Bálor set to face Guru Raaj

Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Giant Zanjeer & Dilsher Shanky vs. Dolph Ziggler, King Corbin, Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura

kind of a weird undercard for the Rumble but I dig it, I guess

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

dodgeblan posted:

Amazing that the only continuation of the fiend storyline was Alexa's transformation being cancelled because she was picked up by a woman twice the size of her

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1356104186543398913

Yeah she doesn’t know why they did a big fire throwing build between her and Orton only to have neither her nor the Fiend do anything at the Rumble either

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Erebus posted:

Is it time

for Worse Bunny

have the considered maybe getting a GOOD bunny

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

as opposed to the current "non linear eyeballs" which often catch forbidden glances of the Elder Gods

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

graph posted:

i thought the pyro around the ring was actually really cool (and it would surge when the fiend did a power move) but the match was meh as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZytjajiebg

alexa can also shoot fire now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVitJaUWhIc&t=142s

don't forget she also can drool distracting oil

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bartok posted:

What was the last genuinely good WWE shirt? I know the last one I bought was Daniel Bryan's Yes! Yes! Yes! shirt.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
"We're gonna do a fake stretcher job after the show to really work the internet smarks!"

"Wait, not that much"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Squall posted:

I still don't know who Bad Bunny is.

she teams with the Butcher and the Blade

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just An Absolutely Terrible Bunny

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Minidust posted:

yeah even though WWE is bad enough to make Bad Bunny the champ outright, this is the obvious path here. there's another PPV before wrestlemania so it's not like they even have to hotshot anything on RAW

it may be the start of the Peacock Era but it's gonna be all about the Bunny, brother

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Stop putting orange soda in my mouth!

IcePhoenix posted:

The Miz was really good in 2010/11 you nerds just because he hasn't really improved or developed at all in the last decade doesn't change how we correctly felt back then.

He's still good but WWE is awful

The problem with the Miz is eventually his feuds have to do something in the ring

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Astro7x posted:

It's not like Alexa can float in the air and not have her feet touch the floor.

She can conjure rocking horses out of thin air, cast fireballs, do a magical girl style instant costume change, and apparently manifest black goo inside Randy Orton's esophagus. I would not rule levitation out as a possibility.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shard posted:

So it was over creative. You know whats crazy. WWE isn't even consistent when it comes to pushing legends over everyone else. Like if they were Big Show wouldn't get pushed around. Hell even Austin had issues with being pushed to the side over younger talent - he even refers to himself as just a cog in the machine. One of the most successful wrestlers of all time who was on top during the most successful time period of wrestling in history. Same happened with Savage and Cena.

It's almost like the company is run by the whims of a madman.

https://twitter.com/guitarsandvinyl/status/1364618774704517127?s=20

In Big Show's twitter likes today

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

D.N. Nation posted:

yeah pretty sure Vince didn't have Trish strip and bark like a dog merely for HEAT

Look, Vince making wrestlers literally kiss his rear end on national television was super important from a storyline perspective

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vince MechMahon posted:

My parents already pay for peacock so I'll have it. But I'll still just use it to watch Columbo not WWE. Raw sucks a big wet turd right out of an rear end in a top hat. It's ten minutes in and no one is even in the fuckin ring yet.

Columbo fuckin rules

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Power Windows posted:

now just one more thing, there's just something I don't quite understand

how is that clown fella allowed to use a big hammer and Mr. Rollins ovah there ain't allowed to use a smaller one

*rummages around in filthy trenchcoat pockets, pulls out notepad*

Now according to what I read, Mr Craws

*squints at notes*

Crews? Mr. Crews, it doesn’t seem like he spoke with any kinda accent before a week or two ago, is that right?

Yeah yeah, okay, just checking on that. Oh and one more thing sir, one more thing, wasn’t that right around the same time you turned him heel? Oh never mind, never mind, I’m sure it’s nothing, now where did I put that

*pats pockets some more, looks around confusedly*

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SonicRulez posted:

Rovert keeps alluding to there being something to the story, but they haven't said anything definitive

what a surprise

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Destroy My Sweater posted:

randy orton is going to that place...

Chili's?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Via Meltzer:

quote:

There was an outbreak of COVID-19 resulting in a number of positive tests in NXT coming from the Performance Center.

Full details are unavailable past it does affect this Wednesday's NXT episode. Obviously no names are being disclosed nor has WWE addressed it publicly.

What is known is that on Thursday they were building and moving rings at the building next door to the Performance Center and it was said workers were not wearing masks. One report is that there were people who tested positive that both were and weren't there at the time.

Fightful reported earlier today that it came from something Thursday where proper precautions weren't followed.

The word broke yesterday that there was an outbreak and there were substantial numbers who tested positive. Both people testing positive, and others who had been around them, are in quarantine and would be at least through this week.

It is believed no Raw or SmackDown talent was effected by this outbreak.

Sloppy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dango Bango posted:

Goddammit Dave your writing is impossible to decipher.

I think what he's saying is that some of the people who tested positive were there when this unmasked ring crew was doing stuff, but there's also some people who tested positive that weren't around that ring crew. So you can't definitively say that was the source of the outbreak.

But yeah, he Meltzered it all up.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blaise330 posted:

aaand Randy accepted :gets out popcorn bucket:

I mean, she's just going to transform into the fiend and then there's another awful Orton/Wyatt match, right

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Royal Updog posted:

I don't think the billionaire is going to start shaking things up on behalf of labour rights. Charitably, AEW does treat its independent contractors as independent contractors. Cynically, it benefits Khan if the WWE remains a lovely place to work.

Also he'd probably get countersued for interference with business relations, contract tampering, unfair competition, etc. if he backed a wrestler's contract dispute against WWE and that's a big mess he doesn't need.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's hard for me to picture the person out there who is like "I'm on the fence about buying Wrestlemania, oh wait, if HOGAN is going to be hosting, I'm in!" He's not going to take a bump or get in a surprise match or do anything interesting, he's just going to give the same Hogan speech he does every time they wheel him out there again.

I can't imagine whatever marginal increase in buyrate you get from him is worth both what you have to pay him and the optics of bringing the old racist back, but then again I'm thinking rationally about this and that's not WWE.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lid posted:

people on the internet will be happy to tell you that it's you who is racist here as Apollo came up with the gimmick himself

Also their two friends who are totally from Nigeria don't find it racist at all

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So did Randy and Alexa finally kiss or what

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Luau of the Fiend

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flatluigi posted:

they jumped right to her straddling him in the middle of the ring

Finally, just get it over with already

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Maybe he means WWE MOTY

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ah, so she was like “your sloppy shop got me sick, let my man free and I won’t raise a stink about it”

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i'm suddenly convinced they told Satin about this this morning

Well it sure was a happy coincidence that he went to see his beardbarber who is the world’s biggest Bad Bunny fan!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

the gently caress

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

Andrade's last appearance per Wiki was October 2020 when him and Zelina Vega (the only person he was really ever paired with long-term in the company whether on NXT or the main roster) were beat up by the Fiend and Alexa; Zelina was fired weeks later and that was that for him in terms of them having anything for him to do

As La Sombra he was already one of the best most talented people in the industry by 2014; he was 24 years old. Given six full years to work with, WWE had nothing for him

Holy poo poo, six years of La Sombra's career stuck in catering. That should be a loving crime.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ICR posted:

I want a WWE Catering reality series badly.

Just stream a camera there during the shows and guarantee it pulls in *checks ratings* 1.8m viewers and crushes the 50+ demo.

You’ll see people like Dana Brooke and Chelsea Green and Ricochet and TUCKY for 2 hours, sitting down, scrolling through their phones.

You’ll see countless entertainment from Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik, eating food. For hours.

Entertainment you DONT want to miss.

Okay, what if they took everyone from catering and had them go and wrestle some matches after the show, just to get their reps in, and then like, posted it to Youtube. Have less production, maybe just a camera or two, low key announcing, no real storylines...

So yeah, WWE Dark would be a thousand times better than their actual shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JT Smiley posted:

Isn't that just 205 Live?

I'm talking about a real actually recorded show, not these imaginary e-fed things like 205 Live and Main Event and WWE UK or whatever