Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
but.. but... Slapjack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

https://twitter.com/TheVindictive/status/1345162219311558663?s=20

:laffo:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 1/1:
  • Daniel Bryan and Otis (with Chad Gable) defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro in a tag match. Bryan submitted Nakamura. This was an unadvertised match despite having video from "earlier in the day" shown to set it up.

and it was a very weird video, this is what customs usually are right?

https://twitter.com/Aid4n_w/status/1345204730574893056

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

JOHN CENA posted:

Bryan books his own creative.

https://twitter.com/Aid4n_w/status/1345204730574893056

they're training for the royal rumble... hips

vvv didn't say it didn't, was like the one good thing all smackdown

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 3, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Coaaab posted:

The money WWE made by having Rock/Cena headline two straight Wrestlemanias? That's not happening ever again.

but they're making more money than they ever have, while having the lowest ratings and actual competition for the first time in decades in the middle of a pandemic...

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Dango Bango posted:

Legit wonder if they'll try reaching out to Cardi B or if they'll just do the "hey we were acknowledged by someone famous" and show the tweets on-air.

This makes sense to why Snoop was on AEW this week, to grab that sweet 50+ ratings audience that loves Martha Stewart (and snoop by association)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Dangerous Person posted:

Change the thread tag back

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Jerusalem posted:

• Sonya Deville spoke to Adam Pearce backstage, they mentioned that she lost a Loser Leaves WWE match.

lol, so she showed up and Adam Pearce welcomed her back (I guess loser leaves WWE just means loser leaves until whenever now). I'm reminded of that time Mr. Perfect lost a retirement match to Big Buff in WCW then returned the next night for Nitro

Here's the Big E/Apollo match (dare I say, worth your 3 minutes of time to watch WWE - Big E going HAM is :allears: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dEWS5EEMI&t=88s
(man that Rock Bottom he does before The Big Ending should be his finisher, that looked sick even with the horrible camara angle)

Big E rules (these tweets were deleted like 2014 so Big E either saved them for the future.., or at least knew they existed and found them for this angle)

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1347946356804096000

Also Apollo just deleted this; so they're probably going all in on the angle

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 10, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I know Pearce was like wrestler of the year or whataever and 5 time nwa champ, so I was looking up former champs and man.. that's quite a list names that loving rule right up until you hit like Shane Douglas :v:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NWA_World_Heavyweight_Champions
also like Severn taking the title and loving off with it for 4 -5 years while he UFC'd lol

It must have been loving impossible to follow nwa wrestling around pre-internet (hell pre-usenet) - unless it was on a national channel or something; or tape traders?

Hirez fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 11, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

DuhSal posted:

I like Morrison and it's a travesty he's Miz's sidekick. I wasn't watching so I dunno how it came about but I still can't wrap my head around Miz being a world champ. does not compute. dude is just lame as gently caress in the ring.

I have the exact same feeling but multiplied by a thousand everytime I remember Ziggler is a multi-time World Champ... and even a current tag champ with bobby robert loving roode.

and yes I love the Miz (for his non wrestling), and JoMo can still go - They should have had Miz just do miztv + manage JoMo instead of doing all these losing handicap and tag matches to braun, etc

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

BrigadierSensible posted:

A petty thing about the "thunderdome" that bothers me.

All the thumbs up/thumbs down in lieu of cheering/booing looks so bad. And it's even worse that we know they are being instructed as to when to do it.

It's only a small thing, but it looks extremely artificial, and extremely sanitized and bloodless. Much like the difference between "I'm going to kick your arse" vs "I'm going to kick your bottom".

what if I told you the thunderdome isn't live* (and hasn't been for a while)... there's been so many reports of people who participated in some early Thunderdome's who are seeing them selves on multiple screens/multiple different recordings;

I'm fairly certain WWE has built enough of a database of users (along with reaction flags) so they have like a boo button that loops pre-recorded boo'ing videos (if u watch some of them closing, you can see they glitch/repeat like in Speed... yes that movie from like 1997).

*except for a few celebrity guests who are watching like Matthew Mcconaughey who they give dead center hard cam

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Didn't Sting break HHH's hammer with his bat? Does hunter just use any sledgehammer? or does he reforge the broken original one?!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

karmicknight posted:

It's going to be a feature length film where Hunter is going to win at the end and prove that his career has contained no multitudes, just win after win.

it's going to be the whole 5 hour night 3 of this years 3 night Wrestlemania event!

it's going to be like the Irishman of WWE cinematic matches

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

TheKingslayer posted:

"Some say I'm robbing the cradle, but I say she's robbing the grave. Wooo!"

i too would like to get into a relationship with constant wife beater Ric Flair

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Jerusalem posted:

• MSK defeated Isaiah "Swerve" Scott and Jake Atlas (bitter enemies two weeks ago) in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. MSK used to be The Rascalz and their names were Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz, but are now Wes Lee and Nash Carter.

lol I wonder what name they're gonna give Ben Carter now that Nash Carter is taken! maybe just Ben

Lid posted:

non-sarcastically Lucha House Party vs. Imperium sounds amazing

it'll be a squash, but if they put WALTER in it and let them go 15 minutes it would be incredible

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 14, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Alaois posted:

"The Undisputed Era" is like a Dragon Gate stable name in that it doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's unlike a Dragon Gate stable name in that it's insanely lame instead of really loving cool

now tell me how you feel about King Baron Corbin's Knights of the Lone Wolf

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Blaise330 posted:

What do TUE have left to do in NXT? One of their tag guys is getting world title shots, I think they're at the limit.

seriously they're established enough into all the WWE UNIVERSE FANS brains as top dogs of nxt for years, just have them show up at raw and kick rear end; instead they'll join as retribution, or adam cole will become the leader of retribution after all! TWIST! (or whoever the tallest TUE member is)

vvv he's on NXT Commentary only as far as I know

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I love The IIconics and always have/will; their split-up was/is just so dumb; firstly it was out of nowhere - did one of them sneeze near Vince near the draft (I think thats when Billie was traded to Smackdown?)

Second there was no reason for it; no build-up for a reason, no feud afterwards; just a storyline of Billie trying to find another partner (which have all been garbage tier matches, or manage someone (which have been entertaining, but why break them up for that; have her manage Peyton if you really want to put Peyton over - who is a MUCH better wrestler; while Billie is a much better talker, plus it keeps their chemistry together which they've had like their whole lives.)

at least they got the WM35 Tag Title win over all these garbage wrestlers (and Sasha/Bayley):
The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) defeated The Boss 'n' Hug Connection (Bayley and Sasha Banks) (c), Nia Jax and Tamina, and Beth Phoenix and Natalya

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

yea I was gonna mention the win being unwarranted but at least they got it and I popped

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I almost feel it's pettiness for being married to Shawn Spears (totally forgot about that)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Dacap posted:

For the Womens, Natalya is going to fight Tamina for the #30 spot.

on Backstage - so this is must watch!!!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Is it now kayfabe that Edge's tolerence to the rko from taking it so much + the steel rods in his neck/back make him immune so he can no sell it after like an hour out there

I did like that swerve that Randy was was gonna win, and as much as I hate braun him just picking up Rico I think and throwing him like 30 feet was lol

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Blaise330 posted:

Why did the anouncers go on about #3 being the worst rumble number of all time when Sami entered when there's been 2 #3 winners, including one tonight?

nothing matters

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

not nice,

and what's Seth Rollin's new name, I can't figure out the math

e: lol its mojo tweeting it, nice

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1356082498036494337

:drat:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Vagabundo posted:

I see that Edge went coast-to-coast, but only eliminated 1 person. So... what was he doing for most of the match?

napping in the corner/outside like all old men in the 60's do - hey he was letting the young talent get over! (Priest is the only one that looked good in that Rumble then he got hosed off by gently caress off forever Braun ahhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

seriously, just give Kevin the loving belt there and win it back and build a blood feud, instead of course the HEAD of the TABLE can't lose!!! We can finally control the crowd

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The Bee posted:

came out to RKO Edge out of nowhere, got no sold, and lost.

lol that just reminded me of the spot where he rko'd like 8 people then 10 seconds later everyone was up fighting again... the most dangerous 3 letters...

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

It's more that in the Last Man Standing match, the ref stopped counting when Roman was cuffed and stuck to the ground, because Heymen couldn't uncuff Reigns in time... lol

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

dodgeblan posted:

did anyone make the joke that bad bunny must not watch the show any more if he agreed to be caught by the miz

the whole page when it happened

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Can't believe they couldn't get Gangrel for the full reunion

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Goldberg beating The Fiend ruled

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

https://twitter.com/reymysterio/status/263061905764151296

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So they really hate whiteboards, ironic.

Road Dogg preferred the greyboards

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Lucha House Party vs Riddle when?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

what happened to Rhea, is she just in limbo now? didn't she have a good showing at the RR (I forget)... Having Charlotte bury her last year was dumb as hell

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Bard Maddox posted:

Reddit Millionaire Cameron Grimes is the funniest gimmick WWE has made in years, eclipsing luminaries in the field such as Pissing and Farting Natalya, Los Matadores, and Lord Tensai

Is he the one that was that broke into Lumis's house, started looking around, saw a women in the shower, and started getting undressed and said "I didn't know Dexter had a sister" then he heard some noises*, so he stopped his sexual assault in progress :shrug:

I don't know how that wasn't made a bigger deal at the time but I guess its because no one watches nxt anyways

e: or she turned out to be a zombie/ghoul or something

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Well I do appreciate the effort copy/paste; these are so pro-wwe written that I always have to give up after like 3 paragraphs... only to scroll through like 900 more - does anyone actually read through these whole thing?

I've also noticed in every recap every match is "fantastic" "incredible" "amazing" and like none are bad, ever which I find hard to believe for WWE matches (Smackdown/Raw recaps included)

and lol @ the rigged announcer booths, I've been calling that since the Nia/Lana weeks :colbert:

e: I just noticed the bold parts, which are like the only thing worth reading :v:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 15, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Codependent Poster posted:

Pearce explained that the match only included former WWE Champions. Strowman said he was Universal Champion. Pearce said he wasnt technically WWE Champion.

lol, I didn't read any further, that was all I needed thanks.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

THE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

i forget, is Miz a smackdown or raw guy; and I kinda hope he's in the hurt business now - like the Owen of the NoD