Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love asking "did you hear the cheers?" knowing full well the cheers are all fake. loving amazing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He's always had an incredibly large head for his body.

I mean, physically and figuratively.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is this the first time they've actually mentioned COVID on the website? I know for so long on TV it was just "the current situation in the world" or some similar insane bullshit.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Turns out 2021 is just Fake 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cerebral Bore posted:

Triple H wins the title at RR with his new finisher, the Sword Spray.

Val Venis is gonna be even angrier after this gimmick infringement

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/bawgxd

it's funnier than it sounds in motion, holy loving poo poo

Why does she do the thing where she lifts her head up with her hand? I thought maybe she'd have some flash paper in that hand or something, I didn't realize she had some kind of fireball gun she shot from the other hand.

What a weird company.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wouldn't it have made more sense if she materialized with Triple H's flaming sledgehammer and then blew a fireball onto Orton with that instead of using a fire gun? Or would that tread too far into "Triple H has become Alexa Bliss" territory?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeepDickPizza posted:

As other people have said, it's misdirection, but also she has stupid Hurt/Heal gloves similar to Bray that make the whole charade even more Hot Topic. I believe the one she holds up to her face says Pain, so it makes it extra deep and cool that she's about to inflict pain...even though the fire comes from the other not-Pain hand.

Ahh, didn't notice the "pain" on the glove in that clip posted earlier. Maybe it came through better on TV.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Holy gently caress. After everyone praised the Funhouse "match" last year, HHH realized that even though he isn't really a competitor anymore, it was another "cool" thing that he could leech the heat off of. Everyone was talking about how the number of characters with the deep and varied enough history as Cena to do a Funhouse match was so limited, and now...now the monkey paw curls. A 45 minute HHH Funhouse match with a bunch of DX dick jokes.

Did the first Firefly Funhouse match has actual funhouse aspects, like one of those hall of mirrors? If not, what are the chances they do one just so HHH can throw a sledgehammer through some mirrors?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Senerio posted:

The non-pain hand is Play lmao

Shoulda been Pro

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Young Bucks were super kicking interviewers for a few weeks running up to their matches with FTR, that was dumb as poo poo

It wasn't all that dumb until they suddenly just brushed it off and they were supposed to be babyfaces in the big promo leading into the match. On the surface, two EVPs being dicks because they're frustrated and flaunting their wealth to pay fines isn't a bad gimmick.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wes Lee is so loving dumb you almost forget how bad Nash Carter is. Jesus Christ.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why is that picture so low res?

The quality represents Vince's feelings on Shane

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blasmeister posted:

On the plus side, they won’t count down too fast and make the buzzer noises while it’s still 2 seconds to go like real crowds do

This makes me wish they'd pipe in counting for the Cesaro swing so people would learn to count each revolution instead of just counting as high as they can before he stops.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder what they're going to do when they're allowed to have crowds again and they realize they can't do the elaborate Fiend/multiple takes/instant costume change bits with a live audience.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CobiWann posted:

Current Alexa Bliss is like a WWE writer saw Abadon and said "gently caress that low-rent gimmick, THIS is how you do it!"

I don't really see that connection. They're pretty different and not really comparable IMO. Seems like kind of a reach. They're both doing some kind of "spooky" thing, but that's about it.

It's a bummer how dumb and unexciting the MITB became. It used to be interesting and exciting, but I guess that can really only last a few years before it becomes routine. Who knows, maybe if they didn't legally have to shoehorn it in every year they could just do it every once in a while and still keep it fun!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NOOOOOOOOOO

gently caress.

I mean, I assumed Priscilla probably wouldn't be coming to AEW after she and Darby split but gently caress. That sucks.

Also sucks that WWE snatched up Elayna, another recent Dark wrestler.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How. What. Huh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Roman vs Dean vs Seth in the main event of WrestleMania 49 is gonna do big numbers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if Vince's hubris and stubbornness will allow him to take the vaccine.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

At the least I could see the Khans having a vaccination center (or whatever you want to call it) set up on one of their many properties so all of their various employees could have easy access. But, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to do so.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blaise330 posted:

I thought The Royal Rumble was this weekend. Guess they do need another show or two to announce more than 4 matches for the show.

In this case, I don't think they do. 2 rumble matches at roughly 60 minutes a piece minimum (depending on entrance times) plus a few other matches is a full show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Peacock doesn't have anything I really want to pay to watch, but the only way I'd ever watch old Network stuff again is by having to not give my money DIRECTLY to WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

As bad as WWE is now can you imagine how bad it would be when it's not even run by people from the wrestling industry?

It could be better? At least with business-minded people running it, they're going to want the best show produced to get the best ratings and the most money instead of an insane old man trying to make himself laugh.

If they just run the money side of things and let good creative people run creative, it could possibly be better than what we get now.

Maybe.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

WWE but ran by business people could just be AEW if it's the right people.

That's kind of my thought. As long as the product is profitable and bringing in money and viewers, I imagine a big conglomerate would stay out of the way and let the machine work on its own. But also, they could act and remove trouble sources (i.e., Vince, Dunn, Prichard) more easily because it's about money and success and nothing else.

I dunno. I don't think WWE will ever be fun to watch again but if anything can at least make a fundamental change in the product, it's making a fundamental change in who owns and runs the product.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

Peacock has a TERRIBLE searching layout. So yeah, good luck on that until they do a major redesign.

So no real change from the Network

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BrigadierSensible posted:

When you add this to what she did to Kairi, (and then didn't properly apologise for), Charlotte seems like a bit of an arsehole.

She's gonna kill Lacey

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't wait for the WWE/Office crossover

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If Peacock eventually dies, which it probably will if only due to saturation in the streaming market (to say nothing of their poor content library), what do you think would happen with the WWE Network? Just back to the way it was? Would subscribers care about suddenly having to pay $10 again after only having paid $5 for Peacock, assuming that price point sticks around? I assume like 80% of the WWE fanbase will gladly pay the extra $5 and boast about how excited they are to give more money to them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Answers Me posted:

Awful camerawork aside, the awkwardness at the start has gotta be due to some backstage fuckup, like Brock wasn't ready to come out yet or something. Also his pyro didn't fire...? Just a great job all around

I think this is just an example of how WWE needlessly delays things to try and build anticipation. The longer the crowd has to wait, the louder the pop will be - but the pop is going to be huge when the music hits anyway and it doesn't actually add any drama. Especially when you know exactly what's coming.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder what their goal was with that tweet. They never announce stuff like that ahead of time. Curious if they thought posting about him leaving soon would cause an uproar with the fans which would somehow convince him to stay? Really one of their weirder moves in the "wish them well" category.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If it's a 3 hour-ish show and each rumble match is at least roughly 1 hour, they don't need 7 other matches on the show.

This company does a lot of dumb things but I've seen this complaint a lot and just don't get it. Do you want a 6 hour Royal Rumble PPV?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

If it's good, yeah, why not?

But it's never good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love the rumble and won't pay for the network but am I dumb enough to figure out a way to watch this tomorrow, and how annoyed will I be with myself when I feel like an idiot for wasting so much of my time on a Sunday night?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just waste my time watching something I enjoy, I guess

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We got ourselves all hyped up for the Rumble and our tradition of the Candy Rumble (plus pizza and vegan wings), then I found out there's no more free trial to game the Network system with anymore.

Heaven forgive me if I have to spend actual money on this god drat company.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

As a kid I wasn't happy that Yoko won but I was even more unhappy when Hogan showed up

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That poo poo with Alexa was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edge's reaction in the second clip was really great, but the first moment you linked was top notch for me. It was like a scene from an action movie where the two main characters, who have been separated for the entire movie, finally see each other again for the first time. Grizzled and tired and a little confused, but happy.

I assume they've interacted before this point, though, making the whole thing a lot less meaningful but for someone who doesn't watch the shows and was a huge E&C fan growing up, this was really great.