Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pron on VHS posted:

Alex Guarnaschelli

I was thinking that she had some bad harassment stuff in her past but that's apparently Anne Burrell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There was some weirdness that came out a few years ago about Bourdain paying off a guy who accused Asia Argento of sexually assaulting him when he was a kid. The whole thing was really very strange.

Spoeank posted:

I was thinking that she had some bad harassment stuff in her past but that's apparently Anne Burrell.

Burrell was accused of wage theft and of sexism at her restaurants. Guarnaschelli is apparently just a holy terror to deal with on the TV sets.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Timby posted:

Brown: Former Southern Baptist evangelical rear end in a top hat, arrogant prick.

Bourdain: Arrogant prick, and ... ? I don't really recall too many knocks on him, outside of him thinking vegans were smug assholes who were in it for the attention, and frequently body-slamming other TV food personalities in his writing and on his shows.

There’s a lot to be said about how Kitchen Confidential influenced and bolstered the intense, high-strung, misogynistic environment that a lot of people think of as the hallmark of “good” restaurants, but Bourdain did apparently regret portraying all of that as cool later on in life . Not that he was the only one that showed it that way and not that that environment didn’t exist before him, but he was very clearly a poster boy for that lifestyle for quite a while.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

iwentdoodie posted:

As someone who lives in the hellscape that is FL, the trumpers I sadly know too many of all love DeSantis and the more he talks poo poo about biden and does nothing about corona the more they love him.

:same:, sadly. I hate this loving state.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have been super gassy today, just so you know, and I had a fart thought. If I was standing on a scale that could measure to say the 1,000th of a pound, and I farted. Would I weigh slightly more afterward? Like my gas was ever so slightly lifting me up?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is that a real question

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Just trying to figure out what to do next time I go to the doctor and I step on the scale.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Well you eject a gas which has a mass so technically that's a weight loss. Like a zillionth of a pound or something but hey

A nice healthy poo poo might lose you a few ounces tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd say ripping one isn't an ideal option regardless of how it effects your weight, but no I doubt there's enough difference between the weight of your intestinal gas and just what's in the atmosphere to have any effect on what the scale reads

dirty shrimp money posted:

Well you eject a gas which has a mass so technically that's a weight loss. Like a zillionth of a pound or something but hey

A nice healthy poo poo might lose you a few ounces tho

Now this is a different story, I've lost multiple pounds after a poo poo (yes I weighed myself before and after, I was curious)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 16, 2021

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
All these fancy computer toilets around, and still nothing that can measure weight like a self checkout register at the supermarket.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Ehud I had no idea you were a state congressman

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1361433979036061704

e: guess I accidentally quoted Pron on VHS instead of hitting reply

Holy lol

E: reminds me of the hand-written note I got from a Jehovah's Witness once, although it wasn't specifically targeting me.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 16, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Intruder posted:

Now this is a different story, I've lost multiple pounds after a poo poo (yes I weighed myself before and after, I was curious)

Didn't that used to be common for boxers? They'd feed them tons of laxatives so they'd poo poo their guts out before the weigh-in so they'd make the weight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

saintonan posted:

Didn't that used to be common for boxers? They'd feed them tons of laxatives so they'd poo poo their guts out before the weigh-in so they'd make the weight.

If you're a fighter cutting weight a laxative isn't doing anything for you, you don't have enough water in your system to produce anything by the time you've reached the day of weigh-ins. I guess that could have been the case prior to learning more about cutting though

e: They do give enemas though although I believe that's frowned upon

Blindsite would know more about this than I do I think

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 16, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Intruder posted:

I'd say ripping one isn't an ideal option regardless of how it effects your weight, but no I doubt there's enough difference between the weight of your intestinal gas and just what's in the atmosphere to have any effect on what the scale reads

:stare:

I think it's fair to say that you're full of poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

:stare:

I think it's fair to say that you're full of poo poo.

This feels like a South Park episode.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

If you're a fighter cutting weight a laxative isn't doing anything for you, you don't have enough water in your system to produce anything by the time you've reached the day of weigh-ins. I guess that could have been the case prior to learning more about cutting though

Diuretics are common, although illegal in competition.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a neat cape posted:

i follow the teachings of Sam the Cooking Guy
:hmmyes: though he did do a news interview begging that restaurants reopen to larger capacities in 2020.

I mean I get it: COVID lockdowns has given the restaurant business :a2m: but the alternative was begging the government for relief and :lol: that happening.

My friends are all impressed at my cooking skills and they keep saying "You should start a restaurant!" I'm like, "Are you loving kidding?!? That is one of the most stressful jobs out there!"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

:hmmyes: though he did do a news interview begging that restaurants reopen to larger capacities in 2020.

I mean I get it: COVID lockdowns has given the restaurant business :a2m: but the alternative was begging the government for relief and :lol: that happening.

My friends are all impressed at my cooking skills and they keep saying "You should start a restaurant!" I'm like, "Are you loving kidding?!? That is one of the most stressful jobs out there!"
Cooking dinner for friends and family can be fun. Cooking for 8 hours for many dozens of people is hard work.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The place I stayed in Big Sky had a heated toilet seat. It weirded me out the first time I used it but it grew on me real quick.

Yeah I peed sitting down the whole time so what

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

The place I stayed in Big Sky had a heated toilet seat. It weirded me out the first time I used it but it grew on me real quick.

You were on vacation, no judgment here.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

New infamous game looking sick as hell

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

People always tell me "You should open a bakery!" Why, so I can hate baking? No thanks.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hey who wants to play a game about the battle of Fallujah?

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/15/22279600/six-days-in-fallujah-interview-iraq-war-politics

Only read that if you wanna get real mad.

I was almost sent there. I was saved by a literal, honest to god, actual coin flip that I didn't find out about until a month later.

From the loser.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Braksgirl posted:

People always tell me "You should open a bakery!" Why, so I can hate baking? No thanks.

"You're so good at baking / cooking" is the worst possible reason to open a restaurant or establishment, so bless you for being sane.

Given the failure rate of new dining joints even before COVID (I think it was around 80 percent close within a year), and the amount of money needed to open (easily in the six figures for build-out and equipment, licenses, inspections and about a hundred other things you never think to plan for), you're better off putting all your money into a burlap sack, dousing it in lighter fluid, setting it on fire, and tossing it into the nearest major body of water than you are opening your own café.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Timby posted:

"You're so good at baking / cooking" is the worst possible reason to open a restaurant or establishment, so bless you for being sane.

Given the failure rate of new dining joints even before COVID (I think it was around 80 percent close within a year), and the amount of money needed to open (easily in the six figures for build-out and equipment, licenses, inspections and about a hundred other things you never think to plan for), you're better off putting all your money into a burlap sack, dousing it in lighter fluid, setting it on fire, and tossing it into the nearest major body of water than you are opening your own café.

Yeah any time I've thought about elevating my cooking from a hobby to a career, it has been trying to think of something I could automate making well and freezing to sell in volume. Because fuuuuck ever working in a restaurant. To be fair that would combine my dual loves of cooking and scaling up/improving processes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Yeah most of the time guys shouldn't or wouldn't have to resort to dumb hail Mary methods such as taking laxatives.

Its all sweating and fasting to make weight. Generally you load up on water in the lead up to your cut to get your body used to shedding it and then push hard to sweat out as much as you can.

There was a guy who resorted to trying enemas but it wasn't effective. They've also had guys try taking blood out as well. I wouldn't put it past someone to try it but no pro or coach would do it.

On chef chat:
Gordon Ramsey still good as hell but mostly when he's not doing America tv.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watching Gordon Ramsay be a total bitch on Hot Ones was great, and he even owns up to it.

His scrambled eggs recipe has become the :wow: dish I make for friends & relatives if I'm in the mood to impress, which is funny because it's really not that difficult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Watching Gordon Ramsay be a total bitch on Hot Ones was great, and he even owns up to it.

His scrambled eggs recipe has become the :wow: dish I make for friends & relatives if I'm in the mood to impress, which is funny because it's really not that difficult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

His videos where he's just teaching technique and cooking in his home are always great. I loved his hot ones for Sean Evans trolling him at the end.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So is Comedy Central just continuously playing The Office on repeat 24/7 except for half an hour for The Daily Show?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So my parents and grandma want to get us housewarming gifts? Didn't even know this was a thing, really. Hey, you just spent a cool half mil on this, here's a thing!

I have no idea what even to ask for. A grill? A kitchenaid? I wouldn't mind help with a new kitchen countertop. Houses are just an infinite tree of decisions, huh

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

So my parents and grandma want to get us housewarming gifts? Didn't even know this was a thing, really. Hey, you just spent a cool half mil on this, here's a thing!

I have no idea what even to ask for. A grill? A kitchenaid? I wouldn't mind help with a new kitchen countertop. Houses are just an infinite tree of decisions, huh

Lowe's or Home Depot Gift Cards. Barring that, a plant or something assuming your parents aren't super wealthy where dropping a couple hundo on a grill is no big deal.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

If you really need a grill or kitchenaid, then those are good ones. Just don't ask for something you'll use once a year. Do you need tools? Now that you own a house, you will definitely need a few tools.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tag yourself. I call dibs on Gritty Gritty Bang Bang

https://twitter.com/rzhongnotes/status/1361281278910332928?s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mary Queen of Salt

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

So is Comedy Central just continuously playing The Office on repeat 24/7 except for half an hour for The Daily Show?

Based on my three-week hospital stay, Comedy Central's lineup is:

6 - 8 a.m. - Either Futurama or Parks & Rec, depending on the day of the week
8 a.m. - 3 p.m. - Some mix of South Park, The Office or The Cleveland Show
3 - 10 p.m. - The Office
10 p.m. - The Daily Show
10:30 - midnight - South Park

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lord Coldemort & You're a Blizzard Harry

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

Just trying to figure out what to do next time I go to the doctor and I step on the scale.

I would highly recommend ripping a massive fart when you step on the scale at the doctor's office. The longer, the better so the scale locks on to the weight.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

swickles posted:

Lowe's or Home Depot Gift Cards. Barring that, a plant or something assuming your parents aren't super wealthy where dropping a couple hundo on a grill is no big deal.

Bird in a Blender posted:

If you really need a grill or kitchenaid, then those are good ones. Just don't ask for something you'll use once a year. Do you need tools? Now that you own a house, you will definitely need a few tools.

Yeah very fair answers. I think people like to buy "stuff" but we're practical people. We probably actually would use a Kitchenaid, but it feels like we'll need to know how the space in our kitchen will work before deciding to get one of those. Tools actually seem like the right answer. I have a bunch of stuff from living in a rental house but it's all fairly cheap. I hear a good drill and a good saw can be lifesavers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I think that’s just for Presidents’ Day. Normally the afternoon is reruns of South Park or The Cleveland Show as well.

swickles posted:

Tag yourself. I call dibs on Gritty Gritty Bang Bang

https://twitter.com/rzhongnotes/status/1361281278910332928?s=19

Creedence Clear-Road Revival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Isn’t it amazing? Our bathroom has a radiator right beside the toilet and it keeps the seat toasty. Great on these mornings we’ve been having with negative temps.

Also every guy should be sitting down to pee unless it’s a urinal. Your aim isn’t that good :colbert: