Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a neat cape posted:

2020 isn't over until I have a vaccine needle in my arm

Strong agree

I’m not letting 2020: Part 2 catch me sleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

2020 is gonna be a trilogy

2021 is part two where things get really dark before a major milestone in the plot

2022 is the happy ending part 1 to double box office revenues

2023 is the end

This means 2024 is going to be the gritty reboot :ohdear:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I really like the people who vote 4.

“I’m having a good time, but it could be a little better.”

I’m voting 4 this time because there’s always room for improvement!

I wound up drinking less last year since I do most of my drinking out and about and obviously that wasn’t happening. Even last night I had a glass of wine at dinner and a cocktail while Zooming with my SOs family, and then by the time it hit midnight I didn’t even really want the champagne. It’s a far cry from NYE in my 20s.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mayo is just thickened oil so use it wherever it makes sense to have thick oil. Or use it however you want - embracing chaos in the kitchen is the true path to flavortown

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

BRB, putting mayo in my car

In the engine or the passenger compartment, either works. No mods no masters :gritin:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Anyone have good kitchenaid mixer recipes? I just made pizza dough and was extremely happy at how fast it kneaded it.

Buy the pasta making attachment and make your own. The obvious ones are the spaghetti and fettuccine, but I love spending an afternoon using the roller to make sheets of pasta dough for ravioli and filling my freezer. It’s expensive but compared to the cost of buying fresh pasta somewhere else you can break even pretty quickly putting it to decent use.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

My favorite part of this is finding out that there’s a product called “Fire Gone” and that people apparently own it instead of just a fire extinguisher.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

On one hand, I get it. I miss normal life just like everyone else.

But on the other hand, I know full well that sitting for 45 mins at a restaurant without a mask while I eat is maybe the single dumbest thing I can do right now and my actions could result in:

somebody getting really sick
somebody ending up on a ventilator
somebody ending up with long-term health issues
somebody dying
somebody losing their loved one

not to mention a continued strain on all of the medical staff who have to deal with this poo poo.

I dunno, it's just baffling to me why people can't make such basic, responsible decisions.

I drove through Missouri the other week and the main thing I noticed as I was passing through the St. Louis burbs was how many restaurants’ parking lots were jam-packed. It looked like they were fitting as many people as possible into their Red Lobsters and Olive Gardens. It was so jarring compared to home where it’s mostly outdoor dining and take out.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/1345432139739885569?s=20

Love to rip and tear at the fabric of our democracy because we lost!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Ding ding we have a winner.

It's signaling to the Trump base.

I also feel like it’s a dry run for when it will actually matter. It’s not going to change this election, but it’s basically pen-testing our electoral process. Unfortunately everyone wants to hand wave it away and say it doesn’t matter, so no one is going to take the initiative to fix the flaws that are being uncovered here.

E:

Skwirl posted:

Love in Dangerous Spacetime was a game that came out when I didn't have someone to play co-op with but seemed like it would have been fun.

Can confirm that this is a fun co-op game - I highly recommend it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

waah posted:

It's because they are also arrogant. And the whole "the sheeples aren't smart enough to understand this" plays right into that arrogance.

And of course because they are so smart, they couldn't possibly be duped by someone untruthful so there's no need to fact check

There are giant Epoch Times billboards on one of the main thoroughfares through Denver now. It’s disheartening that these places have that sort of money to throw around and that they’re going to keep that grift train running for the foreseeable future.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I will gladly volunteer to take one of the doses that these people are declining :shrug:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

hifi posted:

off on a different tangent i'm reading hard boiled wonderland by murakami. dudes got some wild prose about women. almost half way thru.

Murakami is up there as one of my favorite authors but he is very obviously weird when it comes to women and sex. Pick up his book Men Without Women if you want story after story of :wtc:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Where do you rank The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle on the list on Murakami books? Not in terms of weird sex stuff specifically but in general.

It’s hard for me to give a totally clear-eyed assessment of WUBC because it was the second book of his I read but the first I actually “got” (the first was Wild Sheep Chase because an old puzzle game that afaik has fallen by the internet wayside referenced it), so I’m inclined to like it more. Still, I said in the last thread when he was brought up that Murakami’s strength is writing stories that evoke a mood and I think WUBC is one of the best at doing that.

CannonFodder posted:

KAFKA

ON

THE

SHORES

This is one of the few of his books that I haven’t read yet. I have this and Killing Commendatore on my bookshelf to read this year and then I’m done except for some of his non-fiction stuff.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

This was also the second Murakami book that I read (Colorless Tsukuru being my first) and it almost completely turned me off of ever reading anything else of his again lol. Maybe I'll give him another shot someday but that was last year and I haven't had to force myself through a book in that way since I was in school.

Try out 1Q84 - it still has some of the dreamlike, ethereal writing that I like in his books, but it’s much more plot-driven then a lot of his other works. It is long (the copy I have is over 1100 pages) but it was published initially as 3 separate books and is broken up accordingly, which makes it easier to manage. I’d also recommend A Wild Sheep Chase - it is weird but it’s still an entertaining read.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The initial response to Bean Dad was classic internet over-reaction to something kinda crummy but ultimately benign, but everything after that is Y I K E S

I wish Ken Jennings would stop defending him :(

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

At the restaurant I used to work at we'd just boil the container of honey.

Yeah, I just put the jar in a bigger vessel and pour boiling water from the kettle around it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/tiger_beatdown/status/1345933776300498946
Just take anything unique from this region to appeal to tech companies

Way back in high school I set out to consciously remove any trace of a southern accent and in retrospect I regret it, just for giving in to the stereotypes of others. I have started working y’all back into my vocabulary though, because it’s just such a useful word.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't sleep great. Took me a lot longer to fall asleep than normal, then woke up twice from nightmares. My wife had to wake me up once because I was trying to scream in my dream and to her it sounded like I was struggling to breathe or something.

Another goal for this year, not be in the top 10 posters, which I realize this isn't helping. I should probably be more productive with my time.

I’ve accidentally elbowed my SO in the face when she’s woken me from a bad dream :( She’s said that I’ve woken up screaming on several occasions so it sounds like things are going great in my brain!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The numbers were already posted, but this is my first time on a computer with Excel this year, so here's the final post counts for the TFF 2020 Chat Thread top 30 posters.

The sum total of posts made by we top 30 is exactly 67% of the total number of replies (55,743 of 82,966 total), so this represents two-thirds of chat thread content.

Also it's in Bookman Old Style, so feel free to include this on legal briefs and whatever.

“Mr. of YOSPOS, I’d like to direct your attention to the chart here. Can you explain to the jury what you see?”

:justpost:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Timby posted:

Speak for yourself. I got dumped via text message while I was in the hospital.

Jesus loving Christ. I’d offer a hug but, y’know, COVID.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

It's weird, because everytime I stumble into there, it's just assholes tattling to try and get other people in trouble, and it's so nakedly that that it's just sad.

Keep in mind though that it takes up so much posting energy to bitch and moan in QCS that they don’t have the time to spread their nonsense everywhere else. QCS is a giant honeypot for the worst sort of poster and I’m glad for it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Honestly, there's a good chance that he still does. I'm remembering that interview of the ICU nurse in South Dakota who had COVID-19 patients denying the disease's existence up until the point that it killed them.

My SO has had several patients who, after having tested positive for COVID, while being treated for COVID, while suffering the symptoms of COVID, have stated that it flat-out doesn’t exist. People will absolutely refuse to admit they were wrong even if it literally kills them.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

If Trump throwing a giant baby fit actually costs the GOP two seats in Georgia (!!!) and control of the Senate, I’m going to lol forever. Like, they’ll be lowering me into the ground with just the biggest rictus grin on my face.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Trump isn’t going to start his own network, he’s just going to try to buy OANN or something. He won’t even have to do any work on changing their programming since they’re just fellating him 24/7 already.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

pmchem posted:

hard disagree. it's a great pick. Restores credibility to the DOJ, opens a critical appellate court seat to groom a future liberal SC nominee, sticks it to the senate GOP, gives Garland something to cap off his career. All in one.

I’ve also read that this frees up Garland’s district court seat and Biden is expected to appoint Ketanji Brown Jackson to fill it, basically teeing her up to be Breyer’s successor on the Supreme Court.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

pmchem posted:

that's what I mentioned -- but it's the appellate court, not district court. "DC circuit"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_District_of_Columbia_Circuit

Thanks for clarifying - I was going from memory instead of looking it up because of my dedication to :justpost: and it led me astray.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

smh, windows key + L should be a reflex when you stand up and walk away from your work computer.

I tell my users this all the time and they still won’t listen :(

The Beer Gut Putsch

(Original joke do not steal)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

In all seriousness gently caress Cruz/Hawley/et. al. for trying to harness this poo poo for their own purposes.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Apparently the lady on the stretcher was a protester terrorist that was told to stop advancing and continued to approach anyway

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

There’s really no way that the GOP establishment can put this back in the bottle now. It sucks that it’s going to bite everyone in the rear end instead of just them.

E:

Thank god number go up uP UP!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

lol

You can just hear in her voice that no one has told her no before

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It’s ~*~ tradition ~*~

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I wonder if Cruz and Co. will still be on their bullshit when the joint session reconvenes or if they back down and just let this move forward now.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Holy gently caress

Its Rinaldo posted:

25th Amendment this motherfucker

Yeah if there’s anyone there with even a hint of a backbone they need to be working on this ASAP

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Holy poo poo

He has to be losing his loving mind right now

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Timby posted:

She's a sitting senator until Inauguration Day.

Step away from Twitter for a little while, Fiz, you're getting yourself worked up over nothing.

On the other hand if there’s one day to mainline Twitter it would be today

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

D-LINK posted:

lol it's happening

If this actually happens does it make all of the 46 merchandise that is presumably being made for Biden inaccurate? Because lol if so

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Absolutely in tears right now

Stupidest loving timeline. It’s so funny

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jesus Rudy. How do you have 3 historically bad phone calls?

What everyone thought was hair dye was actually his deeply poisoned brain leaking from his ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

They just jumped right to the vote for the objection in the Senate, so this was even less than worthless.