Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Merry ChristmasHappy New Years 2021. Things can only go up from here, right?

Right? :ohdear:

I tried my hand at lechon. Tied with shallots, garlic, and lemongrass. Sous vide at 170°F for 10 hours, then smoked for about 2 before finishing in a hot convection oven. Didn't get that super crispy skin lechon is known for but flavor-wise it was :discourse:. Of all thing I don't think there was enough far/skins

Hope y'all survive the 2021 experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

As is Batman Beyond which I am less familiar with, so catching up on it now. There is an episode early on where a sound tech guy tries to make Bruce Wayne think he is going ceazy by hearing voices and at the end he says he knew they were coming from somewhere else because the voices in his head don't call him Bruce and I am still processing that.

The running concept (in the comics at least) is that Batman is the base persona & Bruce Wayne is the costume. I remember attending a DC Comics panel at San Diego Comic-Con and during the q&a somebody asked which side character the writers would like to tackle. One said "Bruce Wayne" and I think about that often.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

Saw someone upthread post that HBO Max has drat near everything so I started poking around. I see a Cartoon Network collection. gently caress, no Venture Bros.

Oh look, an Adult Swim specific collection! gently caress STILL NO VENTURE BROS

I believe Venture Bros streaming rights are still under Hulu right now.

Funny thing is I'm leeching off a friendMa account and I don't remember what the password is.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hi guys, what's been going on in this thread? I've been busy and I see there's 600+ comments…
:allbuttons:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Pence is all "Let's get this shitshow done with already."

Meanwhile I'm watching the 1960 Spartacus & I still enjoy it, even if it's kind of bloated.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The reason you slash 3 is if you slash 2 they can just get 2 other tires & balance/rotate it out so they wear (relatively) evenly. Slash 3 and the remaining tire is useless except as a full-size spare as you won't be able to balance the other tires out, so they end up buying 4 new tires.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The 1st response is also :discourse:
https://twitter.com/josker197/status/1347430171553398784?s=21
The latest line "…there will NEVER be another Donald Trump as President in your lifetimes" rings false to me though, because the next one won't be as stupid. :(

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Looks like @POTUS is run by a White House official, which in the end is a good thing that Donnie doesn't have access to it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got a text from one of my CA cousins letting me know another cousin of mine in VA got COVID-19. Apparently it's serious enough that he's on a ventilator & family members held an emergency Zoom prayer meeting. I joined in, but being the goon that I am, I was on mute & had my camera off so I could eat a tuna melt i made for dinner without being too much of a distraction.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm happy that the nuclear football requires a second person to activate, and apparently :trumppop: pissed off enough of the military brass that they won't comply with him wanting to nuke Iran.

That said, it would be completely unsurprising if Donnie tries to start a war on January 19th just so that Biden has to clean up the mess.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just under the wire (Pacific Standard Time) to wish all goons a happy birthday in the lost nondescript way possible.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 10, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I like Aronofsky films, especially when they go :catdrugs:. I hope this one with Frasier is just as nuts.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If Ol' Mitchell wants, he can fast-track the impeachment once it clears the House. The bigger question is if he can get 17 Republicans on board.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We Jackbox'ing tonight?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Player empowerment NBA is amazing.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

So he’s just gonna fall off the faceedge of the Earth?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Spoeank's super power has a cost, where he gets whatever he wants delivered to him, at the expense of somebody not getting said delivery.

One day he wakes up to find a cooler full of blood that matches his type.

He doesn't remember asking for blood.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

(Looks in cupboard at the huge-rear end Sleepytime Tea box that I drink every night before bedtime)

"…poo poo."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I had a tuna melt sandwich for dinner, using a Starkist Tuna Creations Buffalo Hot Buffalo Style package, leftover blue cheese from my last wings order, and shredded store-brand pizza cheese on homemade keto bread. I've become a big fan of toasting the bread in the cast iron pan by itself first, then spreading a layer of cheese on the hot pan to melt before putting the toasted bread on top. Put fillings on top open-face style, park under broiler for a couple minutes to heat things thru (and melt any more cheese that was added), then put them all together. By now the cheese on the outside of the sandwich should've formed a nice crust.

Cut into triangles because triangles taste better.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm a fan of Schlotzsky's, but I only had them when I lived in GA.

Potbelly's is pretty good for sandwiches, but it's been forever since I ate at one.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The one thing COVID-19 did for me was help me save money by not going to restaurants. I don't do that much takeout either except for wings during NFL game days, and even now with playoffs that's cut down. Combined with my choice to redo my nutrition back in February I've actually lost weight during this pandemic. :unsmith:

That said, whenif things get back to normal I'm likely getting back on that #thisiswhyyourefat life. :smith:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:lmao: you know those "patriots" would've been treated completely different if they were BLM.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
WandaVision is an odd show. Like a part of me appreciates it really playing with the tropes of early television, but you'd have to know what those tropes are in the first place. If I didn't get a steady diet of Nick At Nite when I was a kid I wonder if the concept would still land.

It's also doing that "take the whole series to reveal a mystery" that Westworld did & I find that pretty frustrating.

I do enjoy the The Truman Show aspect , even if you can see it a mile away.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

This is perhaps the most British headline I have ever seen.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1351240181173641217

Second line in the article:

quote:

Edwin Poots acknowledged Northern Ireland has plenty of homegrown produce, such as beef or potatoes.

If you have beef, you have the materials to make gelatin, so you can make jellies. If you got potatoes, you can make potato starch for your gravies. :wtf: NI, get your poo poo together!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

bobjr posted:

TFF has priorities.

Tee KO was great

Go figure, I put in the work with the art & slogan, and DangoBango gets all the credit... :argh:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The real :chaostrump: would've been to pardon Colin Kaepernick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thanks for posting that vid, Leper. Apparently there's been minor earthquakes near Mt. Hood so I thought it was related (like the bid Cascade Event was imminent). The spoiler was pretty :aaaaa: tho.

(So posts the goon with the avatar warning of such)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
X-posting myself from the GBS Simpsons Thread:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When I got to go into the OR to observe my dad perform surgery, I got to staple the patient's aorta shut. The stapler was literally a lightweight plastic staple gun that looked like something right out of Home Depot.

Medicine is loving wild.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
2 images of :trumppop: that I will forever associate with him:

I'd post the Tweets of him criticizing NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem but…

:v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blowjob Overtime posted:

He seemed like a bro douche with his general vibe and TV show, but most people have realized he is an overwhelming force for good on things that really matter.

It's truly this. He also came about in a turning point of Food Network when they pivoted away from classic cooking shows to Reality TV™️ style programming. Then there's his restaurants which are like Applebee's on a :catdrugs: bender of frosted hair & flaming Hawaiian shirts. I ate at one in The Villages, FL, and the food was a'ight.

As a person though he's great, and his Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives show really goes out of its way to find small places to hype up. :unsmith:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm excited to see what federal rollout for vaccine distribution looks like, as leaving it all on the state-level has some… questionable results.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Let it be known that the Trump Administration showed that really, truly, anybody could be President.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

What if the vaccine goes in the butt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqfLxCFdXaE

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/npr/status/1352398949072707584?s=21

…poo poo.

:lmao:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

The most offensive was the one where Miley Cyrus performs first an upbeat pop version of then a straight cover of Head Like a Hole

The fact Nine Inch Nails seems to be in on the joke makes it even weirder.

Then again they jumped on the Marvel bandwagon when Carol Danvers was wearing a NIN shirt in Captain Marvel sooooo

Eh, Trent Reznor now has kids to feed.

EDIT: :rip: Aaron, a baseball legend. :911:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

How is everyone's Friday? I am not having much fun. 2 of our 3 ISP's have gone down at work today.

Feels like I'm playing whack a mole to keep all these remote workers online.

Today was my dad's birthday & my parents' wedding anniversary, so I went to the mausoleum they're at to spend my morning. Gotta hand it to Dad: having your wedding on your birthday is galaxy brain move so you'll never forget your anniversary. I remember one time the entire family forgot my mom's birthday and… it did not go over very well.

Tonight I got this waiting for me:

Current debate is whether to smoke this or give it a sous vide bath. Yes, I could do both, but which one first?

I have a Bernzonatic torch but my Searzall torch attachment clone hasn't arrived yet; should I still use the torch or go back to cast iron (or my gas grill) for finishing this?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

George Burns wasn't quite this silly I don't think?

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1318297882550800385

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Remember this is the same guy:
https://twitter.com/jplord69/status/1352966861403598859?s=21

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

This honestly rustles my jimmies. King Kong & Godzilla are representations of gigantic forces beyond human control (natural vs. nuclear). It's like choosing between a 5.6 earthquake and a Trident II D5.

If I can find a theater with good safety protocols to see this, I'll be there.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heP3s725hSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
By the sounds of I need to carve out time to hang around a vaccination area before they close.