Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I feel like ive been talking about this show for a while now.

Ehud might be the other guy who watched it too. It’s amazing entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

It’s so awful. I love it.

I have to finish it before my baby is born. I can’t expose her to this wonderful garbage during her formative years.

God that’s so true. Even the successful “normal” ones are train wrecks.

The wedding speech by that girls brother... andrei and Elizabeth. I thought the brother was going to get actually murdered

And honestly the dude who was posted above, paul, is a star. He’s such a loser it’s legendary. He took his wife and baby to a sewage treatment plant as a vacation, to show how great the USA is and why she should be happy living in a trailer with a bunch of dogs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I've transported multiple folks, multiple times each, with .35+ BACs that are pleading for help. There isn't really a drat thing we can do since the hospital sobers them up and they change their mind, saying they don't need help and didn't mean it when they said they did.

It's heartbreaking.

Y’all banned Man With Dog. Stick by the decision.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol man Cobra Kai is so cheesy bad. But drat if I didn’t watch 9 episodes!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ironically the “karate kid” has atrocious form. Dude who plays Johnny Lawrence actually has drat good form. Dudes clearly kept up at it

The evil girl is an awful awful actress. Comically bad in her lines.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Daniel's always had a pretty goofy looking form and his posture, especially while in his gi(?), is terrible too. There's a shot of him in one of the final few episodes and his shoulders are forward and his back is hunched while you're looking at him straight on. I don't know if he was flexing trying to look bigger or what but he looked ridiculous.

Still gonna watch season 4 tho

His elbows are always out of place and if i got more into detail I’ll sound like a karate autist but yeah he’s just so awkward looking. You can tell he hasn’t kept up too much because he’s insanely stiff - which I fully respect because he’s 50+

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
+5000 on this guy being the next divorce in the thread

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think I need to give up woodworking as a hobby. Not because I don't like it, but because every time I make a mistake, I have to explain it to my wife, then I have to hear about it from her what I should have done. Then she goes online and looks at the same thing online and asks why I didn't make it like that. I'm just sick of having every little thing critiqued, especially when I already know I screwed it up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

The company I work for has grown a lot lately and I feel the corporate culture bullshit encroaching into my life.

"We need you to align your Q1 IT tasks with our 5 key objectives for 2021."

okay let me write some stupid crap about how moving from ADFS to Azure AD SSO authentication is going to help the company *checks notes* redefine its go to market sales strategies

jesus christ lol

Oh man did this chap the rear end of my programmers and even senior IT leadership. Every year - you submit your goals (professional, personal, education) all out and then you are measured against them in your annual review.

It got to the point where when had to meet with our executives to lock in our goals for 2020, we’d all meet beforehand so our guys would agree on the goals in the worlds most vague standards, so they weren’t screwed over when they came up short due to timeline or technology hang ups - which was happening ALL THE TIME!

It’s square peg round hole. It’s like when we’re switching to agile and my management flat out me to just reuse our contracts that were specifically tailored to waterfall methodology. It’s... impossible.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Well, if it cheers you up, somewhere out there is a consultant who has made a *lot* of money off of your company.

All former GE executives working at the biggest energy company in the US so you can only imagine the bullshit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

It's so loving stupid.

Also, I may be going crazy from 2020 and work from home, but just connected a bunch of dots and realized they might be setting things up to outsource IT. It's more of a growing feeling in my gut than any concrete evidence, but I'm at least going to get the ole LinkedIn updated.

Mega switch to immigration work visas and regulation in Mexico have made it much much more viable for for “off shore” rates with easy connectivity, and I know the big tech companies are doing it themselves. Nextera was shifting about 30% of the work they had been handling in hour and staffing to off shore or contractors.

Best of luck with it. Nice part is - some companies seem to already be realizing what a bad idea it is for quality control, and that project managers will always say there will be no dip in production. Gotta show those reductions in costs!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

This is my problem with OKRs, Smart Goals, etc both as a manager and also when I was a developer. You don't have full autonomy over your work so you can't ensure you hit goals you've decided on and are subject to priorities shifting and other external factors. However, I've also never been anywhere not fulfilling those goals in any way reflects negatively on you during a review. It's kinda just going through the motions but nothing I anyone is super focused on.

You have a better company. Big reason I left was because they opted not to give me a bonus I was “promised” because my scrum team didn’t finish a project on time when... absolutely no one finished. We pivoted. It’s an excuse to do what they want which I’ve learned is just too much power for some directors.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sorry guys. Let’s instead talk about the excellent Cinemax show Banshee, which everyone should watch

I can’t remember what other TFFer was watching that show as it aired, same as I did, but god did i love that show. Only show i found myself excited for the next episode other than BB

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trump crushes Adderall on the golf course so I can imagine he’s taking it daily

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I personally agree with the left wingers right to protest, I just wish they'd do it a little differently - A thing people actually said after black folks stopped traffic on the highways in multiple cities

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

It's so weird to hear Trump as being from Florida repeatedly given how hard he's spent his entire life trying to associate himself with NY

Also he was born in NY so

And 99.9% of the people around here loving *hate* him. His neighbors can’t stand him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean... it looks bad but Evans was more placating the soldier than advocating the bomb i think. Feels like if he said no at that moment it’d be insanely awkward during a USO tour

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve been pushing off the final season of Santa Clarita Diet because I love it and was sad they were cancelling it.:. but finally finished it this morning during breakfast routine and man. What a funny odd great show

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We’ve been so desensitized that we laugh at clearcut demands for treason

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

420_Power_Rangers posted:

Thanks everybody for the condolences.

But yeah, given the day, it's probably good i had no idea. I remember one of the managers mentioning something at the capitol, but wasn't really listening.

Anyway, have some pictures of Blue

RIP good girl

My nightmare right now. Ive got an old weim on the way out, maybe 6-12 months left... and another boy who is nearly 8. Im terrified of the day I have to go to sleep without them jumping into bed (or in the case of the 12 year old, I have to lift him). Im sorry man, thats tough.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I trust the Chinese with my personal data more than I do Facebook and the US Government.

Sizzling!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Joey's whole thing reminds me I do not like how companies do hiring now. Have been working this project as a contractor, and they've been searching for a full time director. Its down to me and this other guy on my team. I accidentally found out because I was copied on the wrong email (yup) and now... apparently they're going to offer the "loser" of the competition a year contract at the senior level, then evaluate afterwards..

It feels like a goddamn game show. Being virtual is making employers view us as even LESS HUMAN!? Bastards. I wish I didnt know my competition, because hes freakin' really good.

Good luck Joey. I know all too well the butterflies but you've clearly got an edge so just close!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 8, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lmao this is the best one I’ve seen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dressing your dog* up causes stress, overheating and typically itching due to cheaper materials. More little dogs would come into the vet clinic I worked at with hives and poo poo after Halloween during high school than you’d ever believe. Dogs hate it.

But your dog is YOUR dog so don’t let my judgment stop ya

*for long periods of time

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 10, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

woke up with some new letters besides my name

Walk on air today dude, you deserve it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh wow I thought Fitz was a Physicians assistant not a full MD. My bad Fiz, that’s even badder rear end. Congrats again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

No it’s PA lol.

I didn’t have med school in me in my thirties.

Either way it’s super impressive. You crushed those clinical hours relatively quickly (or am I just.. losing track of time?)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

Congrats Fiz!

And thanks for reminding me I turn 35 this year and need to get this scheduled :(

Oh yeah gently caress I’ve gotta get my semi annual one by March to stay on schedule

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When you have gasto issues AND hereditary digestive issues (typically that lead to cancer) they strongly suggest you get them bi annually after 30. gently caress do I ever hate my genetics some days

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That GQ article where they essentially reveal that the source of sad meme Brendan Frasier was because *his mom died* like a week earlier and he was still destroyed over it. Jesus. Christ. I hate society and like all of Twitter

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 12, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's such a massive CHUD that this has to kill him. Miserable dick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

dirty shrimp money posted:

Just noticed my dead gay comedy forum account turned 20 last Friday

That's a minute

Yeah it’s scary to think about the amount of life wasted on the site I joined in high school because I read a funny article on GBS goons screwing around on a Sony dating game and I couldn’t stop laughing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

This wasn't amazon, friendo

Lowes doesn't have an app

They always email you. I order poo poo from Lowes weekly.

Fix your settings Karen!!!

(They ALWAYS leave me stuff at my front gate, which is about 100 yards from my front door, so I get your frustration)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I even miss commuting on the metro. My stop is the first one on the line so I always got a seat (at least going into the city) and it was a nice 40 min to quietly read in the morning. I also liked people watching, being out in the world a bit, etc.

Sounds like you miss being outside and walking around moreso than just working in an office, outside of how much easier it is to get help etc.

I miss socializing but in no way shape or form do I miss the commute or the bullshit that goes along with it. I’ll never go back tbh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trampolines? Was it a time traveling hurricane from 1996?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Kids still like trampolines in 2021!

I honestly thought a majority of those outdoor trampolines were litigated into oblivion because they were so dangerous

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Yeah the dude whose tweet I posted got poo poo on by basically everyone for not deleting his tweet and posting a new one that says she's at large, instead he replied to the his own tweet saying whoops she's not arrested she's on the run

The laptop thief is also only 22 and has already ruined her life in a way that may not ever be fixable

e: I'm guessing when she's finally found she'll give some excuse like she hasn't been online and didn't see that anyone was looking for her or something

Anyway, this is her

https://twitter.com/ReportsDaNews/status/1351169722985959427

... wow. Does she get the death penalty? Or a rocking 5 year / 10k?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

C-Euro posted:

I struggle to watch more than one episode of a TV show in a single sitting so I gotta give it to Trump here.

Buddy you're in the wrong forum

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He pardoned an animal abuser that *wasnt* Joe Exotic, a scumbag rapist that *wasnt* him AND a former mayor that wasn’t Guliani

That’s surprising. Poor Joe exotic, that limo must be running outta gas!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2021/01/19/trump-commutes-40-year-sentence-of-clearwater-ponzi-scheme-operator/

THIS DUDE WAS PARDONED!!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

Hi there VP. I just went through like 6 interviews only for them to pull the job rec on us. Plz hire.