Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Braksgirl posted:

I had a real physical reaction to this. A full body rage.

For a palate cleanser, here is my good rear end cake.

The best of us.

2021 started with me not thinking ahead and not having my good brain pills for a day. Luckily my wife takes a double dose as a sleep aid so I am taking contraband brain pills for today 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

Anyone have good kitchenaid mixer recipes? I just made pizza dough and was extremely happy at how fast it kneaded it.

Its past the season but the kitchenaid stand mixer is key for easily making great holiday egg nog.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

New rule for 2021, only Sea Lab memes allowed for the year.

This is the future liberals want

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ehud posted:

On one hand, I get it. I miss normal life just like everyone else.

But on the other hand, I know full well that sitting for 45 mins at a restaurant without a mask while I eat is maybe the single dumbest thing I can do right now and my actions could result in:

somebody getting really sick
somebody ending up on a ventilator
somebody ending up with long-term health issues
somebody dying
somebody losing their loved one

not to mention a continued strain on all of the medical staff who have to deal with this poo poo.

I dunno, it's just baffling to me why people can't make such basic, responsible decisions.

Have you considered, instead, this article from realhealthnews.biz that says covid is just a vitamin d deficiency

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m amazed at how many normally intelligent people get sucked in by these bullshit sites. I have a friend, her parents are both retired rocket scientists, and they are constantly sending her conspiracy theory websites about COVID-19. She sends actual legit things back and they just get brushed aside.

I have a friend on Facebook who I thought was smart but it turns out he really isn't.

He really, really isn't. He's just bright and enthusiastic and loves to unflinchingly repeat anything someone tells him that reinforces his preconceived notions.

He told me the Patriot act was ready on 09/12/2001. His brother told him that and he never looked it up. He also told me about how the American flag secretly invokes the east India trading company and that it's hidden from history. The fact that it invokes the EITC flag is literally in the Wikipedia entry for the American flag.

They just repeat things from people they think they should trust. They just pick and choose things that sound good for their narrative and assume everyone else does the same thing. So instead of fact vs fiction, they see it as dueling rhetoric.

It sucks because I've given up on chud arguing and stuff because that gets me nothing but aggravation but I consider this guy my friend and it's hard to just give up on him. I hope he gets covid--and ends up okay--to see how cavalier he's being.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Larry King caught the rona

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1345492252337070081

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

The worst thing about living on the west coast is checking Twitter and everyone is complaining about the main character of the day, but have stopped quoting/retweeting the original tweet

What is going on with the beans? It's a simple question

Lead singer of Harvey Danger makes his small daughter sort out a can opener by herself FOR SIX HOURS

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/1345508384011816960?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Timby posted:

I'm home, relaxing in my recliner and breathing fresh air. :unsmith:

Feels good man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hot drat he is desperate

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1345796238722129923?s=09

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Awesome news Timby!

I wish the GA Sec would've just said, "You lost, Mr President."

For people that scream that the election is rigged, there's audio proof that they're trying to rig it right there. I know, projection and all, but poo poo.

"Well Mr. President, the challenge that you have is the data you have is wrong." made me laugh pretty hard

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/GIJoeyJoeJoe/status/1345825092979200000?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

This is horrible but I can't stop laughing at that picture

The face of death

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Good can we get a different intro/outro to MBMBAM now

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1345853609175560193

looooool

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Wait what happened I'm not wading through a twitter storm for this

E. Beyond the initial thread of course

turns out bean dad says a lot of bad poo poo but its ok because the jeopardy guy says he's pro israel

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1345844518415814657

edit:
RIP bean dad

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 3, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

man I wonder why ken jennings was imploring people to not go searching old tweets

https://twitter.com/AMan4AllSaisons/status/1345870969160740864

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1345878633915805696

nothing matters anymore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Monica Lewinsky is really good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"drat what the gently caress we really talk like that?!"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Hell yeah. Obviously it's not like Google developers are oppressed or anything, but it'll be good to have an organization that can try to keep management in line with regards to social justice, treatment of contractors, and suchlike.

all my in-laws are in tech and they desperately need a union so badly lol

my brother-in-law was forced to take the week of christmas off as paid vacation, burning his vacation days, then they emailed him on Christmas Eve telling him they needed a deliverable ready to go on Monday morning

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

saintonan posted:

Got my first dose of COVID-19 vaccine today. Feels good man.

Hey man ask them if they have any extras I could get

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Skwirl posted:

From the IOSM thread

This is his CEO responding to the tweet lol

also the several children in a trenchcoat also tweeted this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ebe4868c-6e35-42b0-80ed-c1ae9c612cf1

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Jimmy Dore is just circumstantially left. He’s a loving inflammatory moron who happens to be largely on the right side of the political spectrum.

I couldn't exactly put my finger on what bothered me about Dore except dude loves to yell

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I literally said "what the gently caress" out loud. Guess I am boycotting safeway now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jeffrey's first act should have been banning anyone who posts in qcs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ZuluDashOne posted:

Requiem For A Dream

In college one year my roommate and I decided to leave our door open when we moved into our apartment. Say hi to some neighbors and whatnot. We watched Requiem for a Dream one night and the dvd case was sitting on our TV stand the next day.

The next day, one of the most insanely drunk and high girls I have ever seen came stumbling into our apartment. She sat on our floor and asked for water, which we gave to her so she didn't die. Then she tried to bum one of my roommate's cigarettes off of him, and offered a half-used chap stick as payment.

She then saw the Requiem for a Dream dvd and went "OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS MOVIE IT'S SO GOOD!!! ...I've never seen the end though"

loving obviously

D-LINK posted:

lmao the only time I ever had a bad trip was seeing Spring Breakers in the theaters while tripping balls

a different roommate once went on a beach walk on shrooms and apparently broke her trip by thinking "oh good thing there aren't needles on this beach or else I would never see them" and then suddenly the beach was all needles. She called me in a panic because she couldn't find the house after making it off of the needle-infested beach. I went to go get her and she was standing in the street in front of the house.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ehud posted:

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

ask him why he wasn't taking his vitamin D

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1346615467243417600

I would not want to go in front of the committee specifically designed to go viral roasting your rear end

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good... things... happening???

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1346655451350519810?s=19

Edit: im laughing my a o

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 6, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

Nah, just the same poo poo with different corporate sponsors

Mitch McConnell's dumb rear end ain't in charge anymore and is mad as poo poo. Net positive.

We aren't going to vote in fully automated luxury gay space communism in a two-seat January runoff election.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1346663251115962368?s=19

Let them fight dot gif

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

yesssss YESSSSS

CRY FUCKERS CRY

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1346660619676745732?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Saw someone saying they couldn't get in on the schadenfreude because the Proud Boys had to really work to make this happen instead of just protesting and it made me :smith:

People really find any reason to not like good things

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He's a cum boy lmao
https://twitter.com/unrealchill/status/1346684274590834688?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Jon Ossoff is gonna make blue chew OTC

Instead of 2k we are all gonna get "double the bread, double the head"

He follows Red Scare Anna too. We thought AOC was the first chronically online national politician but she walked so Ossoff could fly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There it is

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1346708685503004673?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

Quick unrelated question: What do you call those outdoor holiday decorations that are inflated? SB calls them blow up dolls and....that's just not what these are.

Inflatable decorations?

gently caress OFF JOE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lol he's already doing the "can't upset the apple cart we have seats to maintain" schtick before they even officially have anything

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1346857873691840520?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Joey Freshwater, since you seem to know the most about this, what's going on with that boat that lost like half its cargo? Is there a way to find out what was lost? I think my job may have been affected by it because I was waiting on some valves and all of a sudden the lead time jumped by months.

nice cover for losing your gokus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Trump just said "The wall is built we're doing great numbers at the wall"

what does that even mean

it means the big beautiful wall exists and we are doing wonderful numbers of wall existing