Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Freaquency posted:

This means 2024 is going to be the gritty reboot :ohdear:

Good. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GD_American posted:

This is fine for home tinkerers.

When I was working on my tools, I figured out quickly what i could get away with doing Harbor Freight, and what I really actually needed to spend money on. When you're using them for an 8-12 hour shift (or the occasional OT/double), you don't have to time to waste with sockets with slop, ratchets that can't stand torque, wrenches that round off, or anything with poor ergonomics.

A home toolbox that's like 90% Harbor Freight is fine for the vast majority of Americans, tho

I agree with that generally, and it was for sure true in the past.

That said, I have some of their new Icon stuff that I'd absolutely put up against my snap on, matco and kd stuff. And their new mid line saws and such are pretty drat nice. I've put probably 2k cuts through the miter saw so far with zero issue.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hard to stay in a bad mood when you look down at your lap and see this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bird in a Blender posted:

Can I get a scrip for starts with a D?

Fiz would've given you that without a scrip

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

You can miss me with that. My GI tract did a full shut down after my surgery. It's just now getting back to normal and it's been a couple of months. Hard pass on the starts with a d for me.

You and my wife both.

After dilaudid and Lortab all she wants is Tylenol and gently caress off with anything stronger.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

I believe ESPN still has at least one game, but other than that yeah if you've got a TV an antenna of some sort will likely work. Well as long as you are in a somewhat ok location for reception.

I have no idea how to check that without actually getting one and trying.

https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/tiger_beatdown/status/1345933776300498946
Just take anything unique from this region to appeal to tech companies

Yeah but that accent loving needs to die so, yanno...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

I should probably strike while the iron's hot, no?

But no, these are 10000% unofficial and I think Disney will probably shut this down. But maybe not? There are tons of those princess parties where you can pay to have Disney princesses show up at your kid's birthday party so who knows. I think it's a bit double standard-y though, that they make us TAs jump through hoops and stick to very strict rules (we're not allowed to show pics of Disney parks in the rain because they want us to never imply that it rains at Disney) but these people can have Mickey preside over your funeral. Lord.

Which will never not be funny since it rains in FL loving constantly.

Also I will never understand needing to visit Disney more than once, and even with free passes holy poo poo is it not worth it

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I always tip cash and ask the driver to knock, because please don't leave the food and run, I'm trying to tip you cash, and like a third of the time, they just leave the food and welp.

I guess they're mad because I said no tip on the app?

My wife has put "tip is taped on the door!" in the app, food gets dropped, and tip is still left on the door.

E: also athanatos you have incredible patience, and despite what qcs says i think you do great. Probably helps that in here its usually self correcting so you don't have to deal with much and can instead throw your efforts into getting wrecked in qcs for another forum.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 5, 2021

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/kylekyle/status/1345941999833108484?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I know Bill Simmons has ruined the goddamn show, but I swear Omar is the best character in a TV show.

Also, braksgirl, I ended up jinxing myself on the Disney hate because my wife bought us passes on sale. "We haven't been in years!" Fml

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

God, your life sucks.

It does.

Now I get to wait in traffic AND lines.

Have you talked to her about this?

She knows I hate it and knows ill do it because she likes it, she wins both ways.

Abugadu posted:

Happiest Place on Earth or Most Magical Place on Earth?

Uhhh...magical, I think?

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah but turns out she's more of a Bunk fan

She was solid Stringer till S3 then agreed that despite him being an amazing looking human he sucked, and has decided that Lester is the only one worth a drat.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Manoueverable posted:

I always presume the actors are just constantly blitzed whenever they're out of costume, in part because of one of those old Texts From Last Night entries (I have no idea why I remember that site except it was really popular to reference my first couple years of college)

I know quite a few cast members, and they're either full kool aid drinkers who are Mormon level nice even off work, and the rest are absolutely degenerate alcoholics and love cocaine.

Most of my Disney hate is from living here and dealing with the tourists and traffic, the rest is from people who base their life around it and have zero else to talk about, which is half the people I work with.

I also almost got a job there but the pay was lol. Full $15k a year less than any other offer i had, and the pep talk was "but you get to work for disney!"

Its cool, it was just a job inspecting metal fatigue on rides :v:

Edit: Star Wars land did not make crowding any better. As close as I am, the usual theory is go all winter at least once a week after 4pm or so. You can ride most things that way.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Intruder posted:

Looking forward to Mitch crying foul about any technique that he used for the last decade and dems saying sorry you're right and stopping

Nancy will shake her finger so hard!!!!!!!!!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

It was the other Talia, not the sword one I saw saying it. I know this description is not enough for a normal person to know who I was talking about but probably is for you, ha.

Anyway her objection obviously wasn't to the specific situation, but rather exactly how long and how hard bad actors had to go on with both groups before we got here. Instead of just standing in a park while supporting some other cause being a reason to escalate, blah blah.

Jane not Lavin :v:

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 6, 2021

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The only one I've liked so far is "it took an Abrams to finish what a Sherman started"

Which is still a lie but at least its funny

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LeeMajors posted:

They've always handled right wing extremists with kid gloves. Jokes about police presence at KKK rallies being muted by participation are decades old.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

pmchem posted:

Because, as written, it’s false. 2.8m people died in the US in each of 2018 and 2019. That’s nearly 8k people/day on average.

Are you ever not a disingenuous rear end in a top hat?

At least GD is funny. You're just the NYT editorial section.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

It's cool that there are so many of these, but on a relative scale most of them aren't the scariest.

Zip tie guy (oh guys, I'd missed there was a second one) and a bunch of others were 100% there to murder someone if they could and no one's IDed them yet that I've seen.

One has been but no one has posted the name publicly. The fat white guy has been IDed as a retired officer and academy grad, who was gracious enough to wear his unit device on his plate carrier while being treasonous. The masked up one hasn't been IDed yet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man if only we talked to those fine folks some more, they might not have committed a terrorism.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Happy birthday sb, skwirl and somehow not our worst president.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

I do not understand this reference.

Think its a hint tbh

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1348365991575740429?s=19

Apparently food banks and food drives are a target now too?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ehud posted:

Are any of these are real?

The original one that was going around was a guy getting thrown off for not wearing a mask. The no fly story was made up.

Iirc that's someone who was flying with him, and was removed after he was.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just more proof every bad thing in the world can be traced to anime.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Double post don't care.

Does anyone in the entire chud side know what basic infosec is? Jesus

https://twitter.com/bitburner/status/1348558563019427842?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Bout goddamn time fiz

Coco13 posted:

This is about where I'm at. I managed to keep Dry January going last week even with a coup attempt, so the next 20 days will be pretty downhill. Excercising's been tough because running in Wisconsin right now suuuuucks, Make sure to keep enough veggies around to make salads regularly and if you have cheat days, make sure they're "biscuit breakfast sandwich" and not "the rest of the pizza."

I'm doing dry January also. Had a couple beers Saturday because my buddy brought them over, but thats been it since Dec.

I wasn't even drinking heavily, but it was a consistent 2 to 3 drinks a day. Hasn't been an issue not drinking, other than I am an absolutely horrible sober sleeper.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Kalli posted:

That was the worst part of the all protein-shake diet I was on too.

Just a lot of uh-oh <run to the bathroom> every 15 minutes.

My wife would have traded you, she spent like a month hating life from it with the opposite.

I'm lactose intolerant and eat cheese daily, so I never worry.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Amy Pole Her posted:

When you have gasto issues AND hereditary digestive issues (typically that lead to cancer) they strongly suggest you get them bi annually after 30. gently caress do I ever hate my genetics some days

Score one for not knowing half my genetics!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Thaddius the Large posted:

Ok, I get sometimes ads put deliberately eye-catching stuff solely for clickbait and all, but I’m still not thrilled with what the algorithm is putting out there for me

Man they totally erased your status as an otter.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Samadhi posted:

Simply spend a large amount of money on an overpowered desktop like I did to run a 32" and two 24" 1440p monitors at once.

What was the original issue you were having? I'm trying to recall and all I remember is it is Spotify related

Right now that's an absurdly expensive task.

A buddy just had his video card eat poo poo, and holy gently caress at pricing. I paid like 410 for my 5700xt back in March and the same card is 900 right now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao that bitch is dead

Also, you nerds will like this. Sound needed.

https://i.imgur.com/ZrPSCns.mp4

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

Gonna make this a chat app for SEC fans only.

You say that like it would be any different.

Another safety razor guy here. When I still shaved my face I used feather, but def stick to Astra for the dome and shave it in the shower. Been like 8 years now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LeeMajors posted:

The five dollar footlong poo poo was such a scam because it only included the trash tier sandwiches. Subway is trash.

Also just go to loving Publix you nerds.

If publix wasn't the only place with worse parking than trader Joe's, and prices to match whole foods, I would go more often.

So I just go to cuban places and get Cubans and accept that it's the only sandwich I eat now.

https://twitter.com/jgarrettgilmore/status/1349007243870674944?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Samadhi posted:

Mariner's Revenge Song owns and I'll fight any naysayers

I actually loved them back in the day, but its still funny and they are definitely an embarrassing band.

Here I dreamt I was an architect and I was meant for the stage still pop up in my playlists.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh they are definitely just distilled portland

But I still almost 20 years later have a soft spot for that time period. And definitely for the scene girls from said time period.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://youtu.be/G5Z4bma_tUM

How have I never heard of this band

Holy poo poo

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hot Diggity! posted:

Thing I think I miss the most is shows. I haven't been to a show in over a year and that's the longest time I've gone since I was like 13.

I just wanna get sweaty and yell and mosh :smith:

loving same. All I miss is live shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

That sounds like a nightmare HOA or property manager, but also means you have a bunch of lovely neighbors where apparently they need to do this because people can’t be bothered to pick up after their dog.

No, it comes from one person seeing someone not pick up dog poo poo and starting a loving crusade. I've also seen it for the dog equivalent of means testing breeds.

It's peak white poo poo. I live in a good neighborhood, and had an actual loving human poo poo in my front yard and rub their rear end cheeks on a tree. Talked to neighbors, they've had it too. But people put up signs for the dog poo poo in their yard.

(Tree shitter is an 80+ white dude who apparently escapes his home nurse and just can't resist shrubbery shits)

Edit: also, any of you alcoholics had Knob Creek cask strength rye? Got gifted a bottle