Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can someone in the tech world fill me in on why there’s like 30 people lined up outside my micro center right now? All I wanted to do was return some stuff, but I think I’ll come back some other time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Video cards are really hard to find, so there was probably a shipment delivered.

Yea this might be it. Their social media didn’t give me many clues.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

nerve posted:

Are you close enough to ask? Or at least update us when you see them carrying things out. you have my attention

I actually left. The store didn't open for another 20 minutes, and I didn't really feel like waiting that amount of time, plus waiting in line. I'll head back later today and ask.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's still going to take 2/3 of Congress to get Trump out. Part of the amendment is if it's invoked, then the President can certify that he is capable of doing the job. Then it goes back to the VP, who would have to again say he isn't capable of holding office, and at that point it goes to congress to vote on the matter.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Yea, I guess I read it wrong. I thought that the president kept his powers until the vote happened, but I think reading this again, it says that the President would not keep his powers until congress voted.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Ah, well! Never the less...

Umm... state charges?

What state? It's DC so it's federal land.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Sorry about your good dog Power Rangers. Putting down a loved pet is one of the toughest days you can have.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

nerve posted:

Are you close enough to ask? Or at least update us when you see them carrying things out. you have my attention

It ended up being a shipment of Nvidia 3080s.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I loving hate Ted Cruz. It’s a real battle between Trump, McConnell, and Cruz for the worst of the bunch.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Hawley too. Cant forget that sack of stinky poo poo

I literately didn’t know who this was before yesterday. He’s a piece of poo poo, but doesn’t have the laundry list the other three do. Yet.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

For scale, every day Americans die from...

1,773 - Heart Disease
1,641 - Cancer
465 - Accidental
439 - Respiratory Diseases
401 - Strokes
332 - Alzheimer
229 - Diabetes
152 - Influenza
139 - Kidney Disease
129 - Suicide

The daily death rate for COVID currently is now greater than the top three normal causes of death.

I think this is the better comparison. Heart disease has been the #1 killer for a long time. So surpassing that is a huge milestone of the bad kind. And I think it makes a better point than trying to compare to Antietam or something.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s also cowardly to resign now when there’s less than two weeks to go. Like the other thousand things trump did wasn’t enough?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Let's hope no one attends his funeral when he croaks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Today is the airing of Alex Trebek's last episode of Jeopardy, so make sure you watch it today.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I absolutely don't understand why that didn't happen right after they confirmed the electors. The president tried to straight up murder Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, AOC and a bunch of other dems and if it had worked a bunch of Republicans congress people would probably have died too. I don't even like Nancy Pelosi but I don't want her murdered on the steps of Capitol Hill but for some reason she treats leftists like me as a bigger threat than the guy who just tried to have her killed.

Only thing I can think of is how long it takes to literally type of the articles of impeachment. Otherwise it should've been done on Thursday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Even if you don't think we need to defund the police, we absolutely need to denazifi the police.

I'm not sure how you de-nazi the police. Being a police officer is very appealing to those kinds of people, so they're always going to find their way in.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Better late than never I guess. God if anything I hope the failed coup is the final nail in the coffin for Trump. The Q nut jobs will hang around, but I hope this at least stalls their growth.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I know there's gonna be a next Donald Trump but I don't think it's gonna be anyone currently holding an elected position.

Maybe Hannity or Tucker but they are probably very happy hosting tv shows and don't want to actually be President, but that's what I thought about Trump before he ran for president.

I agree that it won’t be someone currently elected. Like part of Trump’s whole appeal was that he was an outsider, drain the swamp, and all that. It’s harder to take that stance when you’ve been in office.

I’m not sure where the next Trump comes from. In 2016 he fooled people into thinking he was a good businessman, he had built in celebrity, and he had multiple platforms giving him ton of free air. I’m not sure who is out there that can pull off what Trump did. His stupidity was also an asset because I think it made a lot of people relate to him. I’m just not sure Tucker or Hannity can pull off that level of charisma.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Apparently Parler is down

Couldn’t handle the incoming traffic of Trump shitposting every minute.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

RIP Alex Trebek. His last episode aired tonight. Definitely teared up at the end. He was a part of my life for 30 years.

It was hard to watch knowing he’d be gone a couple weeks after that finished taping. You could hear how tired he was in his voice. Absolutely one of the best there ever was.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Some poor guy at the DOJ has definitely had to explain that no, they can't do anything about this tonight.

poo poo always has to happen on Friday night.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Malort is a joke people from Chicago commit by getting people coming into Chicago the first time to drink malort. Nobody drinks it, it is produced soley so everyone in the Chicago metro area can have a bottle on hand so if somebody comes into Chicago they can trick them into drinking malort.

Malort is not that bad, I know people who drink it voluntarily. It’s not good, but people really overrate how bad it is. I wouldn’t buy it for myself, but I would drink it if someone bought me a shot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Abugadu posted:

do not believe his lies

Am I lying, or do you just not want to hear the truth?????

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Happy Birthday SB!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Happy birthday Skwirl! It’ll be a cold day in hell before I say that to Nixon.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I don't think Nixon cracks the bottom 5 tbh

I’m not sure who you place below Nixon. Trump, Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Harding? I think Nixon is worse than Reagan or W.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Tree is down, lights are down. Christmas officially over in my house.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I find it fascinating that Trump supporters and their ilk are incapable of accepting defeat. They see it as a dehumanizing trait.

Just following Trump. He never ever admits he’s wrong about anything. If something gets hosed up, it was someone else’s fault. If it went well, it was all him. The worst traits in a leader you can find.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Birthday weekend continues! Today's my birthday, I'll be at my parents' watching the Bears game with them so probably won't be in the GDT much if at all.

For my birthday, I'd at least like the Bears to make a respectable showing, if not win and make a decent run. But all things considered that could be a tall order.

I'd also like for my mom's cancer to finally be gone for good. She went through chemo for her third time this past summer which went well, but now her CA125 cell count is back up over 300 (normal, healthy level is in the 20s). So it seems to be coming back again :smith:

Happy birthday. I lost my mom to cancer many years ago. Hope she can pull through.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdzKnJNAC8

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s nice to see the fascists get the bad end of the police state for a change.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

gently caress YOU I WANT SNOW I LIVE 1000 MILES NORTH WHY HAVENT I HAD SNOW IN 2 YEARS

Same. Barely any snow up in Chicago right now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Like they got pulled off the plane? They got put on the list that fast is kind of astounding.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Hopefully this extremely hard to find intelligence makes it to the capitol police

They probably wrote it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s like they’re all a bunch of idiots. Almost seems like they had to try to make their site that insecure. Not to mention anyone dumb enough to trust these morons with pictures of their driver’s license.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I know new year weight loss goals, and wanting to work out seem to fail a lot, but I really need to lose some weight. I'm about at the weight I started with last year, but I had managed to lose 6 pounds over the year, and then I just put it back on, but I didn't really stick to a regimen or diet or anything. I'm essentially tied for the heaviest I've ever been, and while I'm not huge, I really want to get back to the weight I was at like 5-6 years ago.

I think I just need to be way better at holding myself accountable. I think what I mostly need to cut out is lots of mid-day snacking, and I'm going to eliminate drinking during the week. Hardest thing will be to stay motivated to exercise. I was good for the first 4-5 months last year and then work and life stress kicked into high gear and I just stopped. I'm giving my self a goal to lose 15 pounds by June 1st, which is like 3/4 of a pound per week, so I don't have to kill myself dieting, but I definitely need to stay conscience of how much I'm eating.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

woke up with some new letters besides my name

Congrats man!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I don't know how anybody over 27 can drink with any frequency at all while keeping their weight under control. Calorie wise, a handful of beers can be like half a loaf of bread.

Mostly I just have one beer a night during the week, and then I'd have 1-3 drinks on the weekend. So I figure if I can cut out like 6 drinks a week, that's like 700 calories right there. I'll probably still have a couple drinks on the weekend. The other thing is that all of the chocolate and candies from the holidays are finally out of my house, and then I just need to restrict how much dessert I eat. That last part isn't easy when my wife bakes like all the time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

FLOTUS put out a statement and lol

Remember Free Melania! back in 2017 or whatever? She's just as lovely as Trump, she just knows to keep her mouth shut most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Timby posted:

Quick and easy way to drop 15-20 pounds within about two months is to switch to drinking nothing but water. No juices, milk, soda, just mainline water. As your body establishes a new equilibrium, you will shed an absolute poo poo-ton of water weight.

Yea, aside from the alcohol, I drink water, and I have one can of Coke Zero a day. I could cut the Coke out, but I'm not sure how much that will really change for me.