Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

And they make some pretty decent beer too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Speaking of seasonal soda flavors, the various Jones Soda seasonal sodas are a treat. You can drink a Christmas tree. The one that tastes like turkey gravy is an acquired taste I must admit.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I forgot people don't know about Sprecher outside of wisconsin lol

all their sodas are loving amazing. it's funny because all their beer sucks. they make their bank from the sodas, not the beer, despite being a brewery.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is from earlier in the thread but i didn't even know what a tamarind was until Jarrito's introduced me so thanks for that from my gringo rear end. i can buy the things in like kroger now so they're slowly penetrating into the country but i don't know why it didn't happen sooner.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Myron Baloney posted:

And they make some pretty decent beer too!

This they do not do, lol

The sodas are beyond fantastic however

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Was at my local grocery store and saw the Sprecher's. I thought about it and went for a Bawls instead.

bawls

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

Was at my local grocery store and saw the Sprecher's. I thought about it and went for a Bawls instead.

bawls

for a while there i thought they stopped making bawls then one day i went into the grocery store and they had like 4 different kinds. a plethora of bawls.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

for a while there i thought they stopped making bawls then one day i went into the grocery store and they had like 4 different kinds. a plethora of bawls.

Bawls, Shug Free bawls, cherry bawls, root beer?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

Bawls, Shug Free bawls, cherry bawls, root beer?

right now looks like they just have 3: regular, cherry, and guarana ginger.

they have cheerwine which is a fave but these days i try to avoid sugar soda except on special occasions (like the upcoming sprecher tasting) so i wish they would sell sugar free cheerwine.

----------------

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Big Beef City posted:

This they do not do, lol

The sodas are beyond fantastic however

Black Bavarian, their Festbier, and Sprecher Amber are excellent, and have been for literally decades. I don't remember the last time I had anything else from them however.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I haven't seen a Bawls in the wild in more than 10 years. I should probably order some online, I remember really liking the flavor.

Anyone ever drink a Goya Malta?

It looks like beer but it's not. I heard it tastes kind of like drinking raisins???

My brain insists that it must be a refreshing summer beverage like iced barley tea. Because malt and barley are both the same category of food words.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

If you can get lagunitas hops water where you live it's a very nice nonalcoholic summer beverage

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

uber_stoat posted:

soda is stored in the bawls

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I tried Malta Goya once, the only way I can think to describe the taste is "Malt liquor without the liquor".

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Q_res posted:

I tried Malta Goya once, the only way I can think to describe the taste is "Malt liquor without the liquor".

oh no

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Q_res posted:

It's like they made a seltzer but forgot to conjugate the malt.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of weird sodas, for some reason my local Hy Vee (Midwest grocery store chain) has decided to go all in on the Japanese soda Ramune. Don't know if it is just the ones in my area or a bigger push.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

A chain grocery store near me had some ramune on the shelf in the Asian food section recently so maybe bigger

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jenny Agutter posted:

A chain grocery store near me had some ramune on the shelf in the Asian food section recently so maybe bigger

same here. it's like hi chew candy and pocky, used to be a novelty but now its just sitting there in the Kroger.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hi chew is godly

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cola flavored hi chew owns.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
alright we got our sampler and have worked our way through most of the bottles now

SPRECHER GRAPE: there has never been a good grape soda and this is no different get the gently caress outta here 0/10. exception made if like my wife you somehow love the flavor of carbonated dimetapp in which case she tells me this is like a 9/10. i took one sip and was perfectly happy for her to have both bottles.

SPRECHER GINGER ALE: this poo poo's real good; it's got a bite about on par with the reed's extra ginger beer, with the downside being that it's not really that much more special than reed's extra ginger beer either. 6/10

SPRECHER CHERRY CRAN: i wish this had a lot more cranberry tartness to it, but their cherry soda is goddamn good 7/10

SPRECHER CHERRY COLA: someone finally turned haribo cola gummies into a soda 9/10

SPRECHER CREAM SODA: loving hell this is the best cream soda i've ever had 10/10

SPRECHER ORANGE DREAM: okay yeah this hits literally every single note i want from a dreamsicle soda 100/10 gonna stock up on more for sure

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
how many people have had fake grape flavor ruined for them by the hated devil Dimetapp?

glad to hear the orange and cherry are good, haven't got mine yet.

----------------

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Good to know about the ginger and the cherry cola. Will absolutely try those.

The orange cream is the best flavor, hands down.

It's wild that their soda is so much better than their beer. But here we are.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Vimto is a vaguely fruit flavour soda from the UK with grape raspberry and blackcurrant, and it’s excellent.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Why the gently caress is Pepsi Blue not in the Bay Area yet?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fartington Butts posted:

Why the gently caress is Pepsi Blue not in the Bay Area yet?

Check at Safeway next week for real. I heard it's coming.

Also cans of Baja Blast. My wife is preparing to load up.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

alright we got our sampler and have worked our way through most of the bottles now

SPRECHER GRAPE: there has never been a good grape soda and this is no different get the gently caress outta here 0/10. exception made if like my wife you somehow love the flavor of carbonated dimetapp in which case she tells me this is like a 9/10. i took one sip and was perfectly happy for her to have both bottles.

SPRECHER GINGER ALE: this poo poo's real good; it's got a bite about on par with the reed's extra ginger beer, with the downside being that it's not really that much more special than reed's extra ginger beer either. 6/10

SPRECHER CHERRY CRAN: i wish this had a lot more cranberry tartness to it, but their cherry soda is goddamn good 7/10

SPRECHER CHERRY COLA: someone finally turned haribo cola gummies into a soda 9/10

SPRECHER CREAM SODA: loving hell this is the best cream soda i've ever had 10/10

SPRECHER ORANGE DREAM: okay yeah this hits literally every single note i want from a dreamsicle soda 100/10 gonna stock up on more for sure

Hell yeah dude

I guess I never had dimetapp as a kid cos I haven't ran into a grape soda I didnt like

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WEH posted:

Hell yeah dude

I guess I never had dimetapp as a kid cos I haven't ran into a grape soda I didnt like

i was a kid with really bad allergies and my mom was constantly dosing me with that poo poo, i'm still overcoming my aversion to artificial grape flavoring to this day. found some grape flavor chewing gum that i actually liked not too long ago, quench gum which i got cuz i read it was supposed to be similar to the gatorade gum from olden times. maybe i'm finally working through it. living, laughing, learning, it's a process.

----------------

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

my go-to cream soda if they're in stock, which they often aren't

not much of a root beer person but I'll drink this

also I'm allergic to artificial grape flavors, they give me nasty migraines

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mormon Nailer posted:

Check at Safeway next week for real. I heard it's coming.

Also cans of Baja Blast. My wife is preparing to load up.

Hell yeah found some at 7-Eleven

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
was at a Wallgreens today, a rare thing for me as the walgreens near me is full of crackheads and smells like piss al the time, actually there were cops hassling a crackhead at the time of my arrival believe it or not just today. anyways while i was there i took a moment to inspect the cooler for inspiration and came upon Mountain Dew Major Melon, a new flavor. always a fan of interesting and zany Meme Dews i picked it up. https://www.mountaindew.com/products/mtn-dew-major-melon/

the dew was pretty good, very refreshing, and sweet as drinkin a watermelon thru a sugarcane. it tasted similar to other artificial watermelon flavors, maybe most akin to a vape juice, but it's definitely something i've had before. i can't quite figure out what it was but someone in the lab was trying to replicate something, or plagiarizing something from our collective childhood. try it see if you can remember what vintage candy this Dew is striving to evoke. surprisingly i drank this dew in about 90 seconds while driving, which means it was good as hell to me at the time. then again, im no stranger to quick-drinking a Dew. Sometimes when I'm real hung over I'll get a big gulp of that sweet nectar and put it down faster than you can say "a big bite and 2 slices please"

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fartington Butts posted:

Hell yeah found some at 7-Eleven

gently caress yeah I'll tell my wife!!! She lives walking distance from 7-Eleven.

What's the story on LiveWire? Is it coming back or are we just poo poo out of luck on orange things that aren't Coke, Crush and Fanta?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Smythe posted:

was at a Wallgreens today, a rare thing for me as the walgreens near me is full of crackheads and smells like piss al the time, actually there were cops hassling a crackhead at the time of my arrival believe it or not just today. anyways while i was there i took a moment to inspect the cooler for inspiration and came upon Mountain Dew Major Melon, a new flavor. always a fan of interesting and zany Meme Dews i picked it up. https://www.mountaindew.com/products/mtn-dew-major-melon/

the dew was pretty good, very refreshing, and sweet as drinkin a watermelon thru a sugarcane. it tasted similar to other artificial watermelon flavors, maybe most akin to a vape juice, but it's definitely something i've had before. i can't quite figure out what it was but someone in the lab was trying to replicate something, or plagiarizing something from our collective childhood. try it see if you can remember what vintage candy this Dew is striving to evoke. surprisingly i drank this dew in about 90 seconds while driving, which means it was good as hell to me at the time. then again, im no stranger to quick-drinking a Dew. Sometimes when I'm real hung over I'll get a big gulp of that sweet nectar and put it down faster than you can say "a big bite and 2 slices please"

I think they're riffin on that watermelon candy everyone's grandma in the south used to keep in her purse with the strawberry candy, and honestly it's good and I like it.

I have diabetes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mormon Nailer posted:

gently caress yeah I'll tell my wife!!! She lives walking distance from 7-Eleven.

What's the story on LiveWire? Is it coming back or are we just poo poo out of luck on orange things that aren't Coke, Crush and Fanta?

You can still find it in some markets… just not the Bay Area.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this Sprecher Orange Dream stuff tastes as good as it looks.:tviv:

and holy poo poo does the grape soda have a lot of sugar in it :lmao:

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

every grape soda is insanely high sugar, not sure what the deal is. any soda experts in here?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fartington Butts posted:

You can still find it in some markets… just not the Bay Area.

Apparently not in STL either, which is where I live (and my wife lives in Santa Clara, rip). Maybe I can special order it from the Pepsi guy...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I bought a single bottle of Livewire the other day at a Walmart so maybe check there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Will check tonight. I have to go get koolaid anyway.