Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Derpies posted:

Here in the Utah we have soda shops that exist just to put more sugar and syrup in soda. It's mormon crack and loving disgusting.

Do they siphon the caffeine outta caffeinated soda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

one of many signs that someone is a mormon is that they willingly drink caffeine free pepsi

i've yet to see evidence that anyone else does

As kids my super mormon cousins were convinced that fountain soda didn't have caffeine in it so they were allowed to drink it. It does.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Yo I just got some Piña Colada Fanta and it's pretty fuckin' good.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I like the cranberry ginger ale just fine, but this... I really miss this

Weird Canada Dry fact. 5 years ago when I was in Ontario I got a 12 pack of Canada Dry "Dark" or something. It still didn't taste much like ginger, but it was alright. This just appeared 6 months ago in the states as Canada Dry Bold.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 23, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pepis blue is back.

Holy poo poo I actually liked that stuff.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

they have a tendency to discontinue the ones i like

Monster seems to do this too. Or they just end up hard to find in certain markets. I can't find the pineapple one anymore.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Was at my local grocery store and saw the Sprecher's. I thought about it and went for a Bawls instead.

bawls

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

for a while there i thought they stopped making bawls then one day i went into the grocery store and they had like 4 different kinds. a plethora of bawls.

Bawls, Shug Free bawls, cherry bawls, root beer?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cola flavored hi chew owns.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Why the gently caress is Pepsi Blue not in the Bay Area yet?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mormon Nailer posted:

Check at Safeway next week for real. I heard it's coming.

Also cans of Baja Blast. My wife is preparing to load up.

Hell yeah found some at 7-Eleven

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mormon Nailer posted:

gently caress yeah I'll tell my wife!!! She lives walking distance from 7-Eleven.

What's the story on LiveWire? Is it coming back or are we just poo poo out of luck on orange things that aren't Coke, Crush and Fanta?

You can still find it in some markets… just not the Bay Area.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WEH posted:

I miss sprite remix and vault

Vault was pretty drat good, but I'm still not sure it wasn't just surge with a different brand.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

My personal Mt. Dew rankings:

Livewire
Baja Blast
Voltage
Regular Dew
Major Melon
Code Red

This is a proper list.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

supernova ????

PITCH BLACK????!!!!!

PITCH BLACK II

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Baja Punch sounds like it might just be a rebrand of Typhoon. Typhoon was pretty good tbh

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

It used to have a crisp, almost herbal edge to it that made it taste different from Coke

I think this is why I liked it. Never seen it described that way, but it's right.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Baja punch = good.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pepsi has a new line of flavors called "Soda Shop". I've found Cream Soda and Black Cherry. The former was good, the latter is mediocre.

They use actual sugar so that's good I guess for death liquid.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just saw that "winter spiced cranberry" Sprite exists. Excited to try it and be disappointed.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

I still love Pepsi Blue though.

Still pissed that I only managed to get 2 bottles when they briefly released it back in June.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I literally just cracked open a raspberry lime can. It didn't start showing up in my area of California until 2-3 years ago.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I can't remember what thread we people were railing on Coke freestyle machines on. Normally I defend them. I just got actually Coke, with lemon, from one and it is absolutely terrible.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

they had crystal pepsi as a limited time flavor in... 2020 I think?

It was 2016. Wasn't great. They brought back Pepsi Blue last year and I'm still annoyed that it was for so short a time.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

wish i had some reed's ginger beer right now

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

if i like blue raspberry stuff and berry lemonades in general how's Spark? I don't wanna burn a whole 12 pack on my limited soda drinking these days on a whim

It’s alright. Not bad, but nothing special.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

IMPORTANT NEWS

-Mountain Dew PURPLE THUNDER is blackberry and plum flavored. It's gonna be at Circle K only which means I will not be seeing that poo poo in California.

-There's a Dr. Pepper Dark Berry out to promote Jurassic World. I bet it's as good as those movies have been.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rick posted:

There is a convenience store in the practical middle of nowhere that is my most reliable spot for drinks now and they did indeed have the hard to find Marshmallow Coke.

It's based on the artist Marshmallow rather than that as a flavor. It's strawberry-watermelon.

So it's actually a different flavor? I thought it was just a different can or someshit.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rick posted:

It is. I think the confusion is that it is not marshmallow flavor.

That’s what the space coke tasted like to me.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The blue Fanta is definitely just cotton candy flavor.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I guess the next weird Coke flavor is “Dreams”

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This ain't new. Cedar Fair parks give you a reusable cup with a barcode that they scan to limit a refill every 90 minutes. Universal has souvenir cups with NFC tags that the freestyle machines read.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just swapped out two cannisters earlier today and it was $15 each. Seems expensive, but it they've lasted for at least 3 months and I use them at least every other day.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I never bothered looking that up before, but it looks pretty drat easy.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That's good stuff. Especially when they've put like half an ounce of blue dye in every bottle.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My weird Mormon cousins have been going with that probably false urban legend for their entire lives

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Dr Pepper, in its regular and diet formulations, just tastes better out the can. The bottled stuff is missing that metallic bite that lifts the whole accord up.

:hmmyes:

And fountain Dr Pepp is poo poo most of the time.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Good head

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Local 7-Eleven still doesn't have COKE ULTIMATE, but I found this. It's good because it's baja blast, but I don't detect a whole lotta guava.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It's less "guava" and more "indistinct tropical flavor" that has been used in previous dews and sprites.