Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Might just be where you live, diet soda’s not only been around but on sale here for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Why is the pepsi blue aftertaste vanilla :gonk:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

except of course for sunkist float soda which was also the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:tipshat: report back op I bet you love em all

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

alright we got our sampler and have worked our way through most of the bottles now

SPRECHER GRAPE: there has never been a good grape soda and this is no different get the gently caress outta here 0/10. exception made if like my wife you somehow love the flavor of carbonated dimetapp in which case she tells me this is like a 9/10. i took one sip and was perfectly happy for her to have both bottles.

SPRECHER GINGER ALE: this poo poo's real good; it's got a bite about on par with the reed's extra ginger beer, with the downside being that it's not really that much more special than reed's extra ginger beer either. 6/10

SPRECHER CHERRY CRAN: i wish this had a lot more cranberry tartness to it, but their cherry soda is goddamn good 7/10

SPRECHER CHERRY COLA: someone finally turned haribo cola gummies into a soda 9/10

SPRECHER CREAM SODA: loving hell this is the best cream soda i've ever had 10/10

SPRECHER ORANGE DREAM: okay yeah this hits literally every single note i want from a dreamsicle soda 100/10 gonna stock up on more for sure

Hell yeah dude

I guess I never had dimetapp as a kid cos I haven't ran into a grape soda I didnt like

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I miss sprite remix and vault

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

whatever coke did with their re-re-jiggering of coke zero made it slightly but still obviously worse

...i'll still keep drinking that garbage tho

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It's not unheard of in sodas, but they're usually specialty and it's way more common in seltzers/tea/as juice. In the midwest US, anyway.

Anonymous Robot posted:

gently caress. I was hopeful it might get better again. When they changed Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar and made it sweeter to appeal to British troglodytes, it got so hosed. It used to have a crisp, almost herbal edge to it that made it taste different from Coke but good in its own right. Now it’s just obviously fake Coke.

Might just be an unconscious bias since reading this, but you should pick up a bottle and see if they brought that herbal edge back. I'm not sure that's what I'm getting, but my palate isn't amazing rn because of allergies lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Already had a pickup scheduled for tomorrow so I added a 12 pack to try out :cheers:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

trip report: its good

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

that is very sad to hear, Im pretty sure i saw it both places I shop last week so maybe I should stock up

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

drat, diet barqs doesnt have caffeine? game changer

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

looks like its just zero sugar now but im still going to call it diet :colbert:

efb

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

its more medicinal imo, like ginger ale. now i gotta get some barqs and vernors asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

another day i mourn vault's absence

There was a semester or so in high school where one of the vending machines would spit out 2-3 bottles of vault if you paid with a Sacagawea dollar (which said machine would then redispense if you fed it a five to get change) and I still am shocked I didn’t give myself diabetes

I’ll also use this time to mourn sprite remix, the kings of non-caffeinated soda

WEH fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 27, 2024