Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
rockstar's got some goodass flavors but it's for the best they have a tendency to discontinue the ones i like the most because i cannot handle energy drinks without spiralling into anxiety

rip rockstar boom you're the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

except of course for sunkist float soda which was also the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

sorry but it does not contain actual skim milk flattening out the soda and making it taste all weird and melted so it is not on the same level

i'll still drink a hundred given the opportunity

and actually i will; this place seems up my soda alley so i just put in an order for their 6 flavor sampler

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 27, 2021

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

alright we got our sampler and have worked our way through most of the bottles now

SPRECHER GRAPE: there has never been a good grape soda and this is no different get the gently caress outta here 0/10. exception made if like my wife you somehow love the flavor of carbonated dimetapp in which case she tells me this is like a 9/10. i took one sip and was perfectly happy for her to have both bottles.

SPRECHER GINGER ALE: this poo poo's real good; it's got a bite about on par with the reed's extra ginger beer, with the downside being that it's not really that much more special than reed's extra ginger beer either. 6/10

SPRECHER CHERRY CRAN: i wish this had a lot more cranberry tartness to it, but their cherry soda is goddamn good 7/10

SPRECHER CHERRY COLA: someone finally turned haribo cola gummies into a soda 9/10

SPRECHER CREAM SODA: loving hell this is the best cream soda i've ever had 10/10

SPRECHER ORANGE DREAM: okay yeah this hits literally every single note i want from a dreamsicle soda 100/10 gonna stock up on more for sure

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nikumatic posted:

rip rockstar boom you're the dreamsicle soda nobody else had the balls to make

apparently rockstar boom is BACK BABY for 2021 or at least so my debit card charges tell me after i blacked out from excitement and ordered a twelve pack through sheer force of will for creamy orange energy drinks

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

that stuff took my mouth on the wildest ride it's ever been on with a soda

i still don't know if it was good or bad like a week later

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i pretty much hate coke but i love coffee and the coke with coffee definitely splits the difference into a drink i really enjoy.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

as far as I recall part of the creation of the freestyle was really meant for bartenders so they could have consistent mixed drink pours in a custom machine but then coke bought the tech and away we go

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Polar's line of Seltzer Lemonade/Limeades showed up at HEB not that long ago and they're real drat good. Waterloo is also aces for a really strongly flavored seltzer, but not sure how national they've gotten. They do seasonal flavors and their Cranberry was fabulous, especially with a bit of lime juice squeezed in.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

pepsi already makes me say No Fuckin Thanks

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

preferably dr pepper

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

it is absolutely insane to me that they don't have glass bottle real-sugar dr pepper available in all markets all the time after shutting down the dublin plant's cheeky little side hustle quite frankly

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

if i like blue raspberry stuff and berry lemonades in general how's Spark? I don't wanna burn a whole 12 pack on my limited soda drinking these days on a whim

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

-There's a Dr. Pepper Dark Berry out to promote Jurassic World. I bet it's as good as those movies have been.

not as good as the OG classic but better than everything else on the market by virtue of having dinosaurs in it? hell yeah

i'm assuming dark berry is a euphemism for crude oil here

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

mlnhd posted:

When are they going to distribute zero sugar code red though

they can't because the flavor of code red is sugar

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

hello soda thread this is imperative

please catapult all remaining stock of Dr Pepper Dark Berry™ directly into my mouth because it has been impossible to find since before and when the jurassic park movie came out and NOW bottles are randomly showing up in limited stock at HEB and gas stations and then disappearing immediately and fam this poo poo is delicious

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i generally hate cola but sprecher's is alright, which is a ringing endorsement on my part

their cherry cola though, that poo poo is delicious

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Rick posted:

I have no idea what the halloween voodoo flavor is supposed to be. Outside of Code Red, Gamer Fuel, Baja Blast and Plain all the Mountain Dew flavors taste like someone dumped random kool aid packets into carbonated water anyway but I like this particular version. Tangerine maybe?

On the other hand I randomly picked up a bottle the other day at the store and realized what it was immediately, which is uncommon for me with mystery/hidden flavors for anything

but i eat a LOT of sour patch kids

even though the officially sanctioned answer was apparently :airquote: sour candy :airquote:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

That was before inflation* got its mitts on Big Soda!

*latest fad

gulp n blow

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress this strawberry dr pepper is good

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

what loving idiot, what colossal goddamn maroon, what absolute unit of nothingness decided against calling it peepsi

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

people think i'm crazy for having preferences in my drinking water because to them it just "all tastes like water" and i'm like NO IT FUCKIN' DOESN'T

but i cannot distinguish a single difference in any goddamn lemon lime soda on the market

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i wish there were better wholly unsweetened options than sparkling waters; hint water tastes good but is expensive as poo poo. steaz has a good unsweetened green tea with a few flavors.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

god i wish i didn't have an aversion to artificial sweeteners 'cause the sour patch ghost starts out so promising

mountain dew make the sour patch kid dew a permanent flavor goddamnit

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

how the gently caress is this the first time i've ever heard of ruby red squirt, what forbidden knowledge has been kept from me

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

respect my privacy please

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Ziv Zulander posted:

I found a jones soda hatch chili and lime flavor. Surprisingly palatable, tasted exactly like it said

yeah, I was shocked at just how vegetal it tasted; very pepper-forward. I enjoyed it a lot as a novelty but wouldn't keep it stocked or anything.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

finally found RUBY RED SQUIRT out in the wild

was pretty disappointing; good tasting soda, but squirt just has a refreshing crispness to it while the berry flavoring added in a cloyingness we didn't care for

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

thread is for experts aint no experts drinkin goddamn diet zero

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

staring like the cupcake dog as i remember how many motherfuckers would stash glass kombucha bottles in my freezers when i was managing a frozen department at whole foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i drove past a place i had never heard of before today called "swig" and when i googled them, yeah, it was all this stuff. like a sonic drink menu through a tiktok lens, lots of adding half and half and creamer and syrups to sodas with a hilarious emphasis on them being diet sodas or zero sugar bases or just straight up water.