Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had Diddy Kong in ’em. It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger Kong. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some bananas. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on Rambi goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his t-shirt wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there I would find a DK coin. And then I woke up.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had Diddy Kong in ’em. It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger Kong. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some bananas. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on Rambi goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his t-shirt wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there I would find a DK coin. And then I woke up.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Celebration (Seasoned Raider, All Crypts, All Missions, A History of Witchcraft, Blood Ties, Lara's Nightmare, Cold Darkness)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

fadam posted:

2 is the best David Sirlin said so

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Fun game, little too platform focused for me, but I still enjoyed it a lot. 4/5

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I finished The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild last night. It was the first game I bought when I got my Switch just over two years ago and I’m only just now beating it because the world is so vibrant and beautiful and fun to explore that I’d spend most of my time playing it just running towards any random thing on the overworld that caught my attention.

The way all the gameplay and physics systems work together and let you do pretty much any stupid idea that enters your head and have it work was incredible. I’m thinking of stuff like how metal weapons conduct electricity, which is mostly something that forces you to switch to non-metal gear in a thunderstorm or when fighting lightning enemies but you can also use it to do things like throw a metal sword at an enemy just before a lightning strike so the enemy gets hit by both the weapon and the lightning strike simultaneously, or doing puzzles where you’re supposed to push electrical blocks around to complete a circuit by just dropping your metal gear in a line from one end of the circuit to another, and that’s just a couple examples from someone not particularly creative.

I did miss traditional Zelda dungeons but the shrines were a good replacement, smaller puzzles that make you make use of all these systems was a good idea for this game but it would be nice if 2 had a mix of both. Otherwise most of my complaints were minor, it’s one of the best games of all time imo

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
metal gear?!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mycophobia posted:

metal gear?!

you knew!?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think they might bring back some more traditional dungeons for botw2

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Yakuza Kiwami - Hard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wild Arms. Really fantastic game, definitely gonna continue the series

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
2. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved):
3. Return of the Obra-Dinn
4. Dark Souls Remastered (Platinum Trophy):
5. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin NG+: Completed NG+ and now I just need to get to Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle to buy the last two spells I need and I'll have my plat. Overall a mixed bag, the game has some really cool ideas like powerstancing and the Estus chards and travel from the start. But then they brought back the death punishments and stupid dodge roll stat lol. Mechanically after all that I like it quite a bit, I think the combat works pretty well and the super slow cautious healing is high pressure but really makes you take care of how you create safety in fights. Generally I think it suffers from super dull bosses in the base game bar one imo and every single area I found myself in on the replay I either thought "oh gently caress not here again" or I didn't think about the area. I think 1 is like this also but has a bunch of really good areas and the worst areas you can skip when you know your stuff. Amana is still an out bastard between those final bonfires.

I love that it adds new stuff on NG+ though, really cool and imo I wish they'd done this in 1 and 3 (don't think they did). Again some of these were a mixed bag like adding really annoying ranged spam to lost sinner but other ones were cool challenges or really funny trolls for an experienced player. Having enough fun to finish my plat run but also can't see myself returning to this over any other from game basically.

e: also my hot take is that Watcher and Defender are better than O&S

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Fun game, little too platform focused for me, but I still enjoyed it a lot. 4/5

I played that last year, and I didn't expext those escape sequences to be so demanding. Not like, Celeste difficult, but definitely the hardest parts about the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wild Arms. Really fantastic game, definitely gonna continue the series

WA2 pwns, 3 seems cool too though I barely started it, been sitting on my ps4 for ages

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Vagrant Story - cool game but all the menuing got on my nerves and you fight the same dragon boss 12 times.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

5. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin NG+:

Generally I think it suffers from super dull bosses in the base game bar one imo

Velstadt?

many of the boss fights are actually really cool in concept but when I think about fighting them or playing the game at all I just get sick

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Persona 4 Golden, awesome game. Comparing it to P3FES which is the only other Persona game I've played, I think P3 has a few more more interesting non-party member Social Links, and I liked that it had so many strategies for letting the AI control your party members (or really, just the "Knock Down" strategy lol). Everything else was a huge improvement though. Also, it seems like the extra dungeon you get in February gets poo poo-talked a lot, but it was the only dungeon I actually liked lol

Sad it's over... great story, great characters, great game :hai:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Klowner posted:

Velstadt?

many of the boss fights are actually really cool in concept but when I think about fighting them or playing the game at all I just get sick

Excluding DLC ofc but no it's the Watche and Defender who I think might do the OS thing as good or better lol. Vestaldt is fine most bosses are but they're all just the same fight p much. Even 1 doesn't have that many good bosses but it has them where it counts. Like first time taking on the bell gargoyles, meeting OS, the Four Kings, Sif, Gwynn is cool too. though ofc this is all predicated on not turtling behind a shield lol. Even the midtier bosses of 1 at least are more varied.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

la-mulana 2. i liked it a lot, but imo it's ultimately a worse game than 1. takes too many cues from 1 instead of doing its own thing and it feels a lot less finished than 1 even though 1 was a psycho game designer's passion project for like a decade. also its like, way harder than 1 lol, the last few guardians and subbosses were absolutely brutal. that said if la-mulana 1 is a perfect 10, this game's still a 9.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op

My favourite campaign so far. It's cool how the second player is the Elite guy.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)

usually id play it on NES but the super nintendo was hooked up

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

5. Picross S5 (2/24) - all puzzles no assists

3 of these in two months... I love picross but I think I need to take a break

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X
3. Still There (all achieves)
4. Yakuza 7 (all substories)
5. Paradise Killer
6. Littlewood
7. Awesome Pea
8. Poi (New Game+)
9. DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder

Dunno who it was that first talked about DROD in the imp zone, but they were right, the game whips.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

One of my favorites I think

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex - Pretty goddang jank, but it's still super fun messing around with all the options the game gives you. Really captures that "Wait, does this work?" feeling of figuring out tons of tricks.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3+ Infamous: Second Son (Platinum Trophy, 200% Completion)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Any game where you can be genuinely resourceful kicks rear end bro.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (100%). The game is a real turd that barely runs and has constant audio glitches. I looked it up and apparently it's the only game the studio ever made, pretty cool

In Training fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 27, 2021

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Universal Interactive originally licensed the studio to develop two Spyro titles (which the studio chose to develop at the same time), causing the game to be only 15% complete when they reached their deadline. Universal Interactive refused to give the team an extension and released the game in this state, with the team being forced to rework the Ripto miniboss into the final boss of the game."

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

yeah i like it as a score attack game but its definitely been hyped up as more than it is by lunatics for the entirety of its life

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

3. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (100%). The game is a real turd that barely runs and has constant audio glitches. I looked it up and apparently it's the only game the studio ever made, pretty cool

a while back i saw theres this dude that digs info on bad games' and he talked about spyro and it was pretty hosed from the get go warning tho his sense of humor is gbsesque https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omgUaQKUIEo

absolutely anything posted:

yeah i like it as a score attack game but its definitely been hyped up as more than it is by lunatics for the entirety of its life

i can see why its got a cult classic its a very very unique game with a tremendous vibe and the score attack aspect encourages replays, but its just short on a couple aspects that could make it an actually good + fun game. after playing the stage once or twice, you can really think of the lines you gotta take to be speedy and get high scores, which feels great, but rather because of learning some execution heavy task its more about memorizing the stage because the camera is so hosed. its quite tragic really

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

"Universal Interactive originally licensed the studio to develop two Spyro titles (which the studio chose to develop at the same time), causing the game to be only 15% complete when they reached their deadline. Universal Interactive refused to give the team an extension and released the game in this state, with the team being forced to rework the Ripto miniboss into the final boss of the game."

lol wow

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I used to rent and play through games overnight with my friend and one of the ones we played was Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for the Wii. It's a huge pile from the era where they used to make 3 different versions of the same game, one for Wii, one for PS360 and one for handhelds. hope you enjoy it IT.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

10. Mr. Shifty

Not a terrible Hotline Miami clone. Seems like for every cool idea in the game there is an equally bad idea.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I used to rent and play through games overnight with my friend and one of the ones we played was Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for the Wii. It's a huge pile from the era where they used to make 3 different versions of the same game, one for Wii, one for PS360 and one for handhelds. hope you enjoy it IT.

theres also a ps2 release of that one, im probably gonna choose that version.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

While all of the Spyro games after this one are still turds, I'm pretty sure all of them are "finished".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4. Monster Hunter: World (basegame). Replayed this to get hype for Rise. It's still dope but the cutscene stuff is extremely annoying, especially on replay.