Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry

Pretty miserable game. The first ~30% or so is actually kind of cool for a 2004 shooter, the maps are huge and the enemies are really lethal but also die really fast so you have to run around and set up traps and ambushes to clear areas. Then they add a bunch of mutants with a buttload of HP and OHKO melee attacks and keep putting you in levels where you're running through narrow corridors over and over. They didn't put any health packs in the last level and the last area is a big rear end volcano that's filled with invisible hit scanners. Oh well, now I can play Far Cry 2 guilt free :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Are you gonna play the Wii game.

If they emulate nice hell yea I will.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If you don’t complete all of your resolutions you have to buy and beat Marvel’s The Avengers on stream.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Prey (2017) this is gaming

Are you going to do Mooncrash? It's also really good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

not sure what variations of map 28 i can do next but i'll keep you all updated if i do. maybe a borderlands style gameplay mod that adds epic dubstep + numbers flying off of the monsters head???

I can send you a zip with what I use.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A contested shot is worth as many points as an easy layup, which is why my Goodreads reading challenge this year is going to be all manga volumes baby

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2

I absolutely loved the first two hours of this game, and really hated the other 18. I no longer plan on playing every game in the Far Cry series.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 0 - 100% completion list, all substories.

Jesus, really? Congrats, that's quite the undertaking.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

There were only like, three minigames that I didn't really like. Yakuza 0 is a great game.

Ya it rocks and I love it a lot but I'm too weak to learn how to play Mahjongg and Shogi. Congrats!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cubone posted:

1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
did not go as planned

I was going to see all the endings then wrap up some cheevos I didn't take care of but I ended up playing the credits game and I got help from a previous player's sacrifice (ty Hoppy from Taiwan who likes 9S) but while playing I took a hit and Hoppy's data was deleted, which I didn't know could happen. so when they asked me if I wanted to sacrifice my save data for another player, which I planned to do eventually, I couldn't say no because I didn't want Hoppy's sacrifice to be in vain.
(come to think of it they might not have meant Hoppy's data was removed from the server but I was pretty tired)
so I left the game finished but at like 80% completion w/r/t missions and poo poo. calling this one done until I'm not sad anymore

You made the right choice, and daps for not being a cuck and backing up your save before going in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op

The shittiest of the campaigns I think. The Covenant weapons feel really awful in this one and you have to use them for most of it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Klowner posted:

Nope. the best part of any of the campaigns are the parts where you play as the arbiter

The Klowner posted:

Halo 2 (Normal)

Oh ya and fill out the MTG poll, it closes at 2100 MST today.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe

Awesome Co-Op game that's also very cute. I love how all of Bowser's minions dance to the music.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions

Game is pretty mid, but the combat and movement is cool. It's neat that the game came out like five years ago and the devs are still releasing big content patches for the tiny community that still plays it online.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

WEEDCAT posted:

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

The nemesis system is cool and does a great job of making orc captains varied and interesting.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

Same

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

2 is the best David Sirlin said so

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had Diddy Kong in ’em. It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger Kong. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some bananas. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on Rambi goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his t-shirt wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there I would find a DK coin. And then I woke up.

Lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op

My favourite campaign so far. It's cool how the second player is the Elite guy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
7. Persona 5 Strikers (IMP ZONE PIONEER)

Really slick game imo. My only complaint is that the character count is really small for a Musou and only a handful of them feel really powerful. I think I'm the first person in this thread to claim it as beaten so I'm tagging it to show I was its Imp Zone Pioneer.

Edit: Shout out to user Gorfzaplen for the awesome achievement tag.

MOD EDIT: This claim about a gaming record has been disputed. Click here for more information.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 7, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cool maybe next you can beat elementary reading comprehension

edit: this post was mean spirited and uncalled for, I'm sorry.

fadam fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 7, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

meant to post this a week ago but i forgot, persona 5 strikers

Lying about games beat in the games beat thread is a big deal

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Throwing this in my post tyvm

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

fadam posted:

MOD EDIT: This claim about a gaming record has been disputed. Click here for more information.

Lmfao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To preserve integrity, only games officially released after February 22nd, 2021 should be eligible for Imp Zone Pioneer status.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You guys laugh now, but I think even joking about beating games you haven't beaten in the Games Beat thread is risky territory.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op

Really fun campaign even though the dialogue is really Marvel movie-y.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending (IMP ZONE PIONEER)

Excellent game. The Games thread is filled with people bitching about a lot of stuff they changed from BD1 but even though I liked that game I played it so long ago I can barely remember it. All of the boss fights in this game are really good. Even at the end of the game when some of your guys are doing 9999x4 damage a turn, you still have to figure out how to get around the passive abilities and counters. The final boss is really cool. Also I think I'm the first person to beat BD2 so I'm the IZ Pioneer! Two in a row, not bad :)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You all laughed when people were lying about beating Persona 5 Strikers and Bravely Default 2 (two games I was the IZP for) before me, but this is what happens when you don’t protect the integrity of the thread. gently caress around and find out I guess...

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

your creation of the Imp Zone Pioneer status has stripped beating games of their purity and created an ugly, backstabbing competition. hand in your achievement badges and your Nintendo light gun, son. i want your Steam library cleaned out by the end of the day - you're back to Arena daily reward patrols until you can get yourself together. i'm also removing your completion status for Halo 2: Legendary Co-op. you want that back on your list, you're going to have to prove that you can work as a team by getting at least four compliments from Lt. Kim Kitsuragi.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Okay sorry. For what it's worth I intended for IZP to be a celebration of gamers, I didn't think it would have such a negative reaction.

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 18, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what were you watching?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did you 100% the game lol? How did it take you nearly 150 hours?

EDIT: Saw the plat note. Congrats pimp, that's a ton of work. What squad did you like the most?

EDIT:

fadam fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 22, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did all the confidants and everything, but I don't think I'm that slow... probably talked to the townsfolk too much and listening to the dialogue to train my Nihongo inflated the time.

My best team was Ryuji, Ann and Morgana. Their abilities just outshine everyone else (healing, charge and concentrate...no contest)

I thought Yusuke was the best by a lot just because with a crit accessory and buffs he breaks resist shields insanely fast for basically no resources. I kept him in and just rotated people in and out to keep them leveled but I thought the final character you get, Yusuke and Ryuji were easily the most fun to play as. My only real complaint about the game (other than the story being kind of boring) is that a lot of the characters just feel kind of weak, and when the roster is so small that kind of hurts.

150 hours is three times as long as it took me but I didn't do the grinding to get my bond up to 99 lol. I also wasn't taming a nihongo or whatever. Congrats again!

fadam fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 22, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The character names are the same, but I cant help but feel that we are talking about completely different games for some reason.

Lol because I’m a brainlet and misread Royale as Strikers.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op

Really fun game. Conkdorr is one of the greatest enemy designs of all time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
11. Code Vein - Good Ending

Of the big three Souls clones (Nioh, The Surge, Code Vein) this is definitely the shittiest I think. Way too many cutscenes, lots of lovely zones, and really boring weapons. The description "job system in a Dark Souls game" sounds like it should own, but most of the stuff you can unlock is really boring and inconsequential. Cool character creator tho.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op

Not bad but is there a single person on earth who enjoyed all the moody Cortana stuff? The mech suit and railgun were both excellent additions to the franchise. The music was kind of forgettable and never really got me juiced to whip rear end like the old Halo soundtracks did.

Now that I've beaten all the campaigns available on PC I think my power ranking is 3>Reach>1>ODST>4>2. Gonna have to find a new game for co-op night.

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 30, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The rule typically seems to be reaching the credits = beating the game, but some games like Nier and RE2 make you watch the credits a bunch of times before getting the actual ending and I think most of us count getting there as actually beating the game. Not sure where I stand on Monster Hunter tbh...miss your thoughts?

fadam fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The ruling is Fadam needs to be decapitated with a scimitar ISIS style for introducing imp zone pioneer.

This discussion is important to have even if the IZP experiment didn’t happen.