Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Good game if wearying toward the end. The gameworld as a whole is less intriguing than DS1, though a lot of gameplay aspects are greatly improved. Mainly the co-op experience was so much better in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Is Obra Dinn the best puzzle game? If there's anything even close to it, I want to play it.

2. Stacking.
Cute, has some of that Double Fine writing and visual design that makes Psychonauts a classic, but the puzzles are kid's fare. Most likely literally for kids?
3. Armored Warriors (co-op)
This is a blast. Every pick-up is fun. Definitely play this together with someone (or -two) else.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1. Dark Souls 2: SotFS
2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors (co-op)
4. Max Payne 3 (medium difficulty)
Fun time. Feels like a natural continuation of the previous games even with a very different setting and presentation.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

5. Virginia
Not really a game you beat, but I was into it.
6. Shining Force II
Pretty good, with a lot of little improvements on the first one. Which game would be the next step up in tactics rpg complexity?

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
7. Superhero League of Hoboken
Rpg-adventure. A lot better than I'd expected, and easier to get into than other rpgs of the time that I've tried.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

In Training posted:

16. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. I liked the first few hours a lot and then the story becomes schizophrenic nonsense about millenia old Mayan clans who control the neural net while you push 300 button long Simon Says QTEs. My favorite part was when the lady cop gets stuck in an insane asylum when the power goes out and you have to dodge slobbering maniacs who will kill you if you breathe on them, just normal stuff to put in a game.

My favorite part was the discrepancy between the QTEs and the on-screen action when kung fu fighting the ancient Mayan Terminator

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3 (medium)
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE (multiplayer)
Arranging gametime with 2 other people, plus dealing with various glitches and bugs, made for a long playthrough, but this game still entertains. Despite being backwards in certain aspects, it is just the purest example of classic low-level rpg adventuring, shitkicking through lovely rustic settings and damp dungeons, talking crap to two-dimensional NPCs and hoarding potions.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

9. Alcahest
Fantasy hack 'n' slash for the SNES with nice ideas and sort of annoying execution. With each level you add a new charge-up sword technique to your repertoire, you gain a friggin Stand that can blast or pummel enemies, and you're joined by a new companion that acts like a shmup powerup/screen-clearing special move. It feels pretty dang great when you get the chance blast all of this at the same time, but that's mostly because the enemies are such a bunch of cheap little bastards.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

10. Hotline Miami all masks, weapon unlocks and puzzle pieces

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

11. Streets of Rage 2 (2 player mode) on the fourth attempt. Big improvement on the original.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3 (medium)
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE
9. Alcahest
10. Hotline Miami
11. Streets of Rage 2
12. Batman: Arkham Asylum
Medium, all riddler challenges and Spirit of Arkham recordings. Getting new gadgets to collect all that stuff was the most enjoyable thing here - that and the Gotham city skyline. Went and bought Arkham City since it's supposed to be even better.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Stacking
Armored Warriors
Max Payne 3 (medium)
Virginia
Shining Force II
Superhero League of Hoboken
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE
Alcahest
Hotline Miami
Streets of Rage 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars Archibald and Roland campaigns
The art and music in this is so drat good, but after spending 40 hours completing these campaigns I have no energy at all left to beat the 4 (!) expansion ones.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Into the Breach 100%
Played non-stop until I finally unlocked the secret squad and was sort of disappointed. Really good though.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Mirror's Edge story mode
Mostly kind of annoying, except it had some cool se tpieces now and then. I really enjoyed the story twist that the cops are learning parkour!

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Ion Fury
First blood difficulty to account for my slow brains. The theme here is Duke Nukem 3D with less depth. That said, the visuals and especially the level layouts are terrific, really the most enjoyably loopy stages I've played in an fps.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Murder Dog IV: Trial of the Murder Dog

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Golden Axe II (co-op)
An ever so slight improvement on the original. Had to use the extra credits code.

A Golden Wake
Alright li'l point 'n' click

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Golden Axe III co-op. Poor sequel. My thanks to Jesus for the overpowering Panther man pounce attack

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

21. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Put off playing this for uh twenty years while I complained about the new Fallouts. Silver-tongued gunslinger build, where mostly I just watched my party beat everything to death for me. The main quest in this is really drat long - it's mostly compelling, but finally I just said screw it to all my unfinished side quests and barreled ahead to the end.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors co-op
4. Max Payne 3 (medium)
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE multiplayer
9. Alcahest
10. Hotline Miami
11. Streets of Rage 2 co-op
12. Batman: Arkham Asylum
13. Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars (Archibald, Roland)
14. Into the Breach 100%
15. Mirror's Edge
16. Ion Fury (first blood)
17. Murder Dog IV: Trial of the Murder Dog
18. Golden Axe II co-op
19. A Golden Wake
20. Golden Axe III co-op
21. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
22. Warriors of Fate co-op
23. Persona 4 Golden
Probably the last game I beat this year. Totally engrossing but I got a deeply unsatisfying ending so here goes ng+ for first game of '22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

UUH Nanako didn't die she's indefinitely hospitalized smart guy!