Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Decided to beat Xenoblade finally... I'm 40 hours in so far so I wager I'll be done around July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Imagine actually finishing a game.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

was about to hand out a probation for this, but he's right, drat it. you never finish a game, not truly; you just give up on it. as the legendary panenkoek2012 has demonstrated, there is always more to discover within a game. great words of wisdom from the epic cspam guy.

It was more of a self-own but I guess it just comes off as bad zaniness. I have a chronic problem of leaving games like 80% in.

Err... thank you for recognizing my wisdom.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

you should finish them

I am actually close to beating Banjo Kazooie. A game I nearly beat and then quit as a young lad.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

STONE COLD 64 posted:

simply simon it sounds like from your repeated posting you don't actually enjoy the video games you are playing. if you are playing a game and it is not fun or rewarding, have you considered just playing a different one?

I follow this philosophy and it is why I cannot actually post in this thread.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

STONE COLD 64 posted:

play the games featured in this thread and then post there. you will find the joy you seek

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949378

I shelved Yakuza 0. I'm a video games criminal.

Maybe I'll pick it up again today. I didn't dislike it, but I had just gotten a Series S and I had not had a non-Nintendo console since the PS3/360 days so there was a whole world of shiny doodads available to me on Game Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Just 100% the Maneater original content. Gonna do that DLC.

Good stuff. I enjoy it a lot but the 7/10 rating it gets in a lot of places is about right. Concept is interesting and silly and the gameplay loop can be fun. But most of it is a pretty shallow collectathon with some very mild upgrade/level up mechanics. Still plenty of fun though if you wanna blow about 8-10 hours on being a bad rear end shark.

I also think the difficulty curve is weird as you're basically powerless against predators for the first 1/4th or so of the game and then you very quickly become an unstoppable killing machine. I think only 2 or 3 encounters gave me any real issue at all after I hit the "adult" stage of life. I'm not usually good at games either so it could possibly be even easier for a lot of you folks.