Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ff9. big thanks to whoever recommended the moguri mod for the steam version. the game felt way shorter than i remembered but i feel like all final fantasies are like that

cant believe i hadnt replayed it since basically release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
resident evil 3 remake

not as good as the re2 remake but still fun. definitely more action-ey as people mentioned (not as short as i had worried, or im just slow)

re7 is on sale for $10 on psn so maybe ill get that next

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
xenoblade chronicles definitive edition

after bouncing off this game when i had it for wiin and also bouncing off of the 3ds version, i finally beat it. but i somehow managed to not be spoiled on basically all of the twists which was fun. never really got the hang of the combat system (i see how xc2 was a refinement and improvement in gameplay). guess ill check out future connected now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
farpoint (psvr)

got it free on ps+, worth running through if you have the vr. didn’t have the superscope it usually comes with so aim was a bit wonky at times but pretty good for free. ending felt like a bit rushed and a lot of the story felt very by the numbers but the acting wa sgood

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
forgot to post fro ma few days ago:

hyrule warriors: age of calamity

i guess the game just isnt canon or breath of the wild 2 is gonna be ... really weird

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
aegis rim : enjoyed the gameplay once i got a hang of it, and the visual novel stuff was well done . the story kind of fell apart towards the end but still pretty neat

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
disco elysium

impressed that it lived up to the cartoonish amount of hype it recieved. really good.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
saga frontier remastered: all characters and all fuse chapters. absolutely stellar game, a really great port that keeps all the wonderful weirdness of one of my favorite kawazu games with enough quality of life improvements to make it better than just playing the original. hope they do saga frontier 2 next.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
astro bot rescue mission, ps4 vr. all levels 100%ed.

just all around charming platformer, used VR without being obnoxious about it. got it free through ps+ but it shouldve been a pack-in with psvr

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nier replicant, dleleted nier, then got ending E and restored him, i’m amazed how the game holds up. i should replay automata now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
assassins creed origins, game and dlc. beat all the quests and dlc quests but credits never rolled?

good game, though i liked odyssey better (i played it first)

the weird trippy visions and afterworld poo poo felt so weird tho

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
voice of cards: isle dragon roars

nice little rpg, fun writing. felt like there was some slowdown on the switch but still a fun surprise

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
iconoclasts, on switch

fun game, as expected great sprite animations and fun puzzles, and surprisingly gnarly bodies exploding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
timespinner

nice enough sotn-like but it felt a bit too short and the story felt a little under-developed but was nice enough. also i got what apparently was the secret ending on my first try? might do a ng+ to see the other endings