Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Meme Poker Party posted:

I’m stimulated.

Hold on, let me check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

just lol if you're still using turbotax in 2021

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sure as gently caress ain't using it anymore!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

table saw.. paid off debts put some away in savings.
so only slightly american.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thank you IRS, sponsored by TurboTax, for loving up something in new and exciting ways.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

bradzilla posted:

just lol if you're still using turbotax in 2021

I mean until now is there a reason not to

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I mean until now is there a reason not to

there's a billion tax prep services that are free no matter how complex, not just if you have a single W2 or are under a certain income limit or whatever

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bradzilla posted:

there's a billion tax prep services that are free no matter how complex, not just if you have a single W2 or are under a certain income limit or whatever

Hmm... I almost changed last year when after ~15 years they finally figured out how to copyright protect their software and I couldn't get it as :filez:

After this gently caress up, I'm done with them.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I guess we are for sure going to get the other 1400 now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Universe Master posted:

I guess we are for sure going to get the other 1400 now.

What makes you think this?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Vince MechMahon posted:

What makes you think this?

Dem control of both houses and white house.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Still waiting for my stimulus check which I will blow on Single Malts.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Still waiting for my stimulus check which I will blow on Single Malts.

This guy knows what's up.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Can get some nice single malt(s) for $600

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

lol, I just got a note from the IRS that says “we were legally obliged to send out all checks by December 31st and we didn’t manage it so you don’t get a check. But you can take the amount as a tax credit later.”

Like, I realize they’re all technically tax credits anyway but it’s kinda pathetic to mail out a note saying “we failed so we’re done trying, just stimulate yourself idk”

Also, I’m not even in the tax bracket to get a check so it was a note to tell me I can credit myself $0.00.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Akratic Method posted:

Like, I realize they’re all technically tax credits anyway but it’s kinda pathetic to mail out a note saying “we failed so we’re done trying, just stimulate yourself idk”

Well, if the United States government is telling me I gotta stimulate myself...

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Universe Master posted:

lol @ your sense of hope, just lol all day long

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Universe Master posted:

This does not answer my question. What about that makes you think we're getting more money? The election is over.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vince MechMahon posted:

This does not answer my question. What about that makes you think we're getting more money? The election is over.

The dems have just recently been pushing for a $2000 stimulus payment. After the election.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The dems are gonna have massive control over the government and will quickly run out of excuses to do nothing, like last time.

Hopefully the younger members like AOC and Ilhan can put real pressure on these old fucks and get us some fat checks.

OxygenO2
Jan 4, 2021
Sounds like now that the DNC has control of the senate that additional $2K checks will roll out?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahh...sh=52560dfc6dee

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Inzombiac posted:

The dems are gonna have massive control over the government and will quickly run out of excuses to do nothing, like last time.

Hopefully the younger members like AOC and Ilhan can put real pressure on these old fucks and get us some fat checks.

I agree with both statements 100%.

Dems have a huge chance to get stuff done. But they won't. Decorum. Working across the aisle. With people who've shown they have no intention of working with others.

Time to get loving dirty.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The dems have just recently been pushing for a $2000 stimulus payment. After the election.

The election was Tuesday in Georgia, my friend.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

AOC and Omar both voted for Pelosi. AOC also voted for Trump's border wall. Stop acting like these people are your friends or actually care about you. Politicians are no one's friend or ally.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vince MechMahon posted:

The election was Tuesday in Georgia, my friend.

Oh. That election lol. Sorry, my fault.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vince MechMahon posted:

AOC and Omar both voted for Pelosi. AOC also voted for Trump's border wall. Stop acting like these people are your friends or actually care about you. Politicians are no one's friend or ally.

This isn't true at all. If you donate a few million to their campaign you are an instant friend and ally.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lol if you fall for the hello-fellow-youthful-gamers propaganda of watching a politician's twitch stream

Culting yourself to AOC is no better than trump

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

don't worry that w.va senator will switch parties and mitch will be senate leader again

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Vince MechMahon posted:

both have given mconnel fist bumps so yeah no politician is good

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Many members of both parties have pushed very hard for the extra money and if they don't give it away they're going to get crushed in their next election. Free money is the only truly bipartisan issue.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you haven't realized that one party is less evil than the other then you're a loving r-word.

Are they ideal? No lol. Of course not. But one is a death cult who literally wants you to die for money and the other one at least pretends to care about you staying alive for a little bit.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you haven't realized that one party is less evil than the other then you're a loving r-word.

Are they ideal? No lol. Of course not. But one is a death cult who literally wants you to die for money and the other one at least pretends to care about you staying alive for a little bit.

Dems pretend to want to keep me alive. I know who I'm voting for :smug:

inaction is complicity. figured you would have learned that yesterday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vince MechMahon posted:

They voted for Pelosi because the other option was loving Kevin McCarthy. They also were 2 of 4 dems who did not vote for the border wall funding in 2019. The other two were Pressly and Tlaib.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OMFG FURRY posted:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

They voted for Pelosi because the other option was loving Kevin McCarthy. They also were 2 of 4 dems who did not vote for the border wall funding in 2019. The other two were Pressly and Tlaib.

They could have abstained, not effected the outcome, and not looked like sell outs to their base. They chose to fall in line. They voted against his border wall in 19 but AOC just voted for it last month. Stop stanning for politicians, freak.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vince MechMahon posted:

They could have abstained, not effected the outcome, and not looked like sell outs to their base. They chose to fall in line. They voted against his border wall in 19 but AOC just voted for it last month. Stop stanning for politicians, freak.

The border wall poo poo last month was jammed into the COVID bill because US politics is stupid. If she (and other dems) hadn’t voted for it she’d be accused of not voting for COVID relief. And with Biden administration coming in with a Dem House and Senate they can just roll it back. How is stating facts stanning?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Stop stanning for politicians, freak.

who posts like this

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*looks up at AOC wallscroll*

Don’t worry, my dear, I will never let him hurt you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Apparently, I'll get an extra AU$1000 :australia: in tax back next year which is the equivalent of your $600. Only I have to wait until July, while you get yours now.

We're supposed to be spending it super frivolously on avocado toast or something. gently caress that! It's going straight into my "might need health care later on" investments, because there's no chance my government's going to able to pay for my old age medical stuff now.