Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Hello everyone and welcome to the extremely early GDT for TJPW's first korakuen hall show of the year and featuring english commentary for the very first time. The only way to watch is on wrestle universe and coincidentially the best day to sign up for it is the 1st of any month, so if you sign up when this post goes up you will be getting arguably the best deal of any streaming service giving you access to NOAH, TJPW and DDT.

and with my shilling out of the way here is the card for the show:

Suzume Versus Ariso Endo

Suzume one of the newest members of the roster but is a very good and happy bee, we all love her. Endo is a brand new rookie and it is unknown wether she is related to Tetsuya Endo but i am choosing to believe she is. It'll be her debut so lots of intrigue to follow in her first outing.

Yuna Manase and Moka Miyamoto versus Pom Harajuku and Haruna Neko

Originally it was meant to be Marika Kobashi and Moka but Marika tested positive for covid so Yuna will be stepping in. Thankfully she rules extremely hard and is very good, Moka has the most impractical gear in pro wrestling but has a karate background and is very cool, we are all hoping she will do a gracie style choke with her skirt someday. Pom is a clown who loves to kick people in the shins which owns and Haruna Neko is a cat.

Shoko Nakajima versus Hyper Misao :siren: RED/WHITE ROPE MATCH 100 GACHA CAPSULES 10 WITH PRIZES, FIRST TO FIND 2 PRIZES WINS!!! Loser changes their name for a month! :siren:

Many people on this forum will know Shoko from her work in AEW so she needs no introduction as she is the big kaiju. Hyper misao is a extremely talented comedy wrestler who occasionally uses her powers to make everyone cry their eyes out, she also recently got married :toot: expect lots of comedy occasionally interrupted with really really good wrestling.

Aja Kong/Raku/Mizuki versus Miu Watanabe/Nao Kakuta/Mirai Maiumi

Classic showcase match here as the legendary Aja kong once again shows up to make everyone lose their minds, this match could steal the show depending on how much time is spent involving mizuki but everyone in this match will probably get plenty of time to shine and show why they're cool.

Neo-bishikigun (Sakisama and Mei Saint Michel) versus Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa

Neo-bishikigun have run roughshod over everyone since they returned and we were introduced to noted feral maid Mei, Sena has been on the wrong side of several beatdowns and her friend Hikari is here to show Saki-sama who is boss, this match I can guarantee is going to own. Sena has new gear also.

:sickos: Maki Itoh versus Miyu Yamashita :sickos:

Maki Itoh's debut match in TJPW was against Miyu and Miyu beat the absolute poo poo out of her in one of the most brutal debut matches you are likely to see this side of Big Japan. Maki has improved leaps and bounds since that time 4 years ago but is still trying to prove herself by finally beating Miyu, the ace of TJPW. I am biased obviously but this match will likely be worth the price of admission alone, if only for Maki's post match promo.

:siren:Princess Tag Title Match:siren: Bakeretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) versus Yuki Kamifuki and Mahiro Kiryu

Yuki and Mahiro were meant to challenge for the tag titles but Yuki broke her finger and Mahiro teamed with Pom in a losing effort, then Yuki won the international princess title and had her first successful defense againist Mahiro, so if they win this match we will indeed get Kamiyu two belts. The bakeretsu siters are a fantastic act as well, so this should be a very fun match.

:siren:Princess Of Princess title:siren: Yuka Sakazaki versus Rika Tatsumi

Yuka and Rika are both TJPW OG's but Rika hasn't held the top title despite many attempts. She had a very successful tag title reign recently but this match will likely decide if she reaches the top of the mountain or not. Yuka had an incredible 2020 and carried the company on her back having fantastic matches with everyone.

that's all folks! If you want to get into TJPW this is the show to do it because everything will springboard from this show.

you can watch the show for free with japanese commentary on abemba!!!!

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Cavauro posted:

hhow many hours until this.

2 days and 8 hours, OP.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cavauro posted:

\how many hours in a day

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Endo is formerly of Cheer-1 which is where Reika Saiki started and I'm not sure that means anything because I don't know what transferrable skills cheerleading at wrestling shows gives you to actual wrestling but Reika turned out really good.

i could see alot of the cheerleading stuff carrying over for sure, flexability at the very least.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think ItoRespectArmy should probably add to OP that the Japanese commentary stream is FREE on AbemaTV. Wrestle Universe is only showing the English commentary stream also btw if anyone is subscribed but prefers Japanese commentary.

oh poo poo, had no idea about this.

added to the OP. thanks!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

duckdealer posted:

Will probably sign up for Wrestle Universe again for this month and check this out!

Thanks for the thread. Your passion for Maki Ito is infectious!

it does help that TJPW is very easy to be passionate about.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Senerio posted:

What time EST is this? I don't wanna miss it but my mental math might make me do so.

9:30 pm but it may be on the 3rd for you, if you have wrestle universe it should show you the local time+date in release schedule.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Google Translated and thus mangled but apparently this is the stop for the Nakajima / Hyper Misao match

What this means in practice I both cannot imagine and cannot wait to see.

as always ddt eng update is here to save the day but this sounds like it's going to be the best kind of insane poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1345578531783233536

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the show starts in around 5 hours from this post for those worrying about timezones.

2:30 am gmt

9:30 pm EST

11:30 am JST

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

sorry is there a free english stream? or is it also related to a universe sub?

the english stream is only on the universe sub yeah, only the japanese commentary version is free.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

ok, sure, what's that link then?

https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/8rGsZa8Hv1Cmio?utm_campaign=slot_share_tw&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter this should be it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

about 30 minutes until the show starts.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

talking over namba is extremely not swag.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

UP
UP
UP
GIRLS

:yeah: but it's YAY! when

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

if we're lucky they might do 2 songs.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cavauro posted:

wrestling is real

yes

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:hellyeah:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the english commentary on the shoko hyper misao match is gona be so good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:tviv:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

suzume is just happy to bee here.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

happy to report that the english commentary is perfectly acceptable so far.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

HONEYCUTTER

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this will be the match where moka does the gi choke.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

can't overstate that in TJPW universe, haruna neko is a cat. a shoot cat.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

yuna continuing the long legacy of last minute replacements always winning

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cavauro posted:

bravely rooting for shoko the one who no one likes and who has no fans in the entire world

you are our bravest soldier cavauro

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

now this is the real test for the english commentary

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

abraham linksys posted:

ive traveled enough and have enough online friends from various parts of the world that i dont usually get thrown off by accents but im losing my mind at hearing gatcha gatcha capsules in a sean connery-rear end scottish accent

i regret to inform you extremely thick accent commentator is a gamer

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rope is refusing to do the job.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

brookes using his new found power to bury the ref.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

smikey posted:

Big Kaiju looks like she's used the time away to build her shoulders up

her Instagram has her doing insane parkour training

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rip bell

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

match of the year.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

extended hyper misao theme

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Look at the busy bee and also the cat getting the ring clean and ready.

im very invested in this commentary of the cleaning.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

can't wait for aja kong to do the whirling candy

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

aja kong is so good

:allears:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

aja kong taking one bump and then taking a knee outside, what a legend.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:magical: mirai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:sickos: