Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

We have a 105, 98 and 93 up here in Alexandria Bay. Still to early to know if it's from there study group or if the scores are just high this time.

I checked all the previous EPAA and those minus the people who made it on the first cut means I am currently #33 on the list and its loving killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ElMaligno posted:

I checked all the previous EPAA and those minus the people who made it on the first cut means I am currently #33 on the list and its loving killing me.

Yeah im waiting for July 1 to roll around so I can get paid for the desk I'm riding.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Turns out I'm the only one in the command center who hasn't gotten his score.

So something fucky is going on

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah.....thats not normal.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

It just updated and i got an 80, last time was an 86 so lmao

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Woof sorry bud.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

Woof sorry bud.

tbf i have a better set of marks for this one so i may actually at a higher spot.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

tbf i have a better set of marks for this one so i may actually at a higher spot.

Well worse comes to worse come hang out with me in NY.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

Well worse comes to worse come hang out with me in NY.

Well there may be some openings in VTS new york staten island next year...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

in other "making me suffer and giving me an ulcer" news, my re-enlistment paperwork, which i sent on the 10th of april, made its way to the YNs by the end of april, and currently is stuck in SPO and no one of the command is available to sign it...

On a tuesday.

my eoe is the 1jul.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

in other "making me suffer and giving me an ulcer" news, my re-enlistment paperwork, which i sent on the 10th of april, made its way to the YNs by the end of april, and currently is stuck in SPO and no one of the command is available to sign it...

On a tuesday.

my eoe is the 1jul.

And your current command isn't raising hell?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

On a tuesday.

my eoe is the 1jul.

There should still be someone delegated to sign off by direction. Deputy/logs? That’d be like everyone taking leave and not having an SMC around.

If not, I’m sure they’ll shuffle poo poo around and throw their hands up at the last minute, call PSC/EPM if needed and get it resolved. Wouldn’t be the first time poo poo fell through the cracks.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I did talk to my command (yesterday) and they asked me if they needed to do anything. I said no, because i was going to the YNs at a later time that day (also yesterday). Basically only the YN2 and YN3 where on the admin building and all they could do for me was to pre-sign some admin page 7 things that need to be routed. According to them the paperwork should be done on next Monday at the earliest and next Wednesday at the latest.

My command know and I did tell them i am being diplomatically patient, but extremely frustrated.

Edit: Its straight up being a bad month for me, but at least i lost 13 pounds so far

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

I did talk to my command (yesterday) and they asked me if they needed to do anything. I said no, because i was going to the YNs at a later time that day (also yesterday). Basically only the YN2 and YN3 where on the admin building and all they could do for me was to pre-sign some admin page 7 things that need to be routed. According to them the paperwork should be done on next Monday at the earliest and next Wednesday at the latest.

My command know and I did tell them i am being diplomatically patient, but extremely frustrated.

Edit: Its straight up being a bad month for me, but at least i lost 13 pounds so far

Just lol at relying on a YN2/yn3 combo to take care of anything for you.

Keep on their rear end about it.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

Just lol at relying on a YN2/yn3 combo to take care of anything for you.

Keep on their rear end about it.

Yeah it's a coin flip. YN2 on the Willow was amazing other places its been more misses then hits.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Melthir posted:

Yeah it's a coin flip. YN2 on the Willow was amazing other places its been more misses then hits.

I’d be more likely to trust the sole YN aboard a ship than I would a gaggle of them at a sector/base with leadership absent.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

I’d be more likely to trust the sole YN aboard a ship than I would a gaggle of them at a sector/base with leadership absent.

Fair point

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

On a more positive side, i got improved marks and my chief and senior are happy with my performance at work.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I FINALLY GOT MY CONTRACT

also gently caress im enlisting again :negative:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

:rip:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I FINALLY GOT MY CONTRACT

also gently caress im enlisting again :negative:

:nms:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

loving lol at the whole CG memes thing going down. This isn’t going to end well.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

The CG has vastly underestimated the power of social media to broadcast problems and has been turning a blind eye to toxic commands for decades. Honestly I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Melthir posted:

The CG has vastly underestimated the power of social media to broadcast problems and has been turning a blind eye to toxic commands for decades. Honestly I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

Yeah, it’s a pretty crazy time when someone can just tag MCPOCG and possibly get awareness that way. Though I’m guessing some PA or assistant is managing all those accounts.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

nwin posted:

loving lol at the whole CG memes thing going down. This isn’t going to end well.

Did someone’s career get nuked for posting memes?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

Did someone’s career get nuked for posting memes?

Replying to a meme with a meme.

Shamelessly stolen from a subreddit:

A member posted a meme in a comment using Trump. Someone comments on that talking about "supporting your commander and chief, etc." and @'s public affairs, MCPOG, members command etc. They have a back and forth about it. Members command finds out, tells member to remove comments and back and forth. Member does. Member is still told he is getting kicked out for it, at first they will face a board decision, but members command pulls strings at EPM and gets it changed and they are getting booted and will not face a board. CG Memes finds out, post a bunch of memes about toxic commands and gathers stories from people.

Guess the dudes an SK2 with a bunch of years.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Worked with the CO before can confirm 100% heel.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

nwin posted:

Replying to a meme with a meme.

Shamelessly stolen from a subreddit:

A member posted a meme in a comment using Trump. Someone comments on that talking about "supporting your commander and chief, etc." and @'s public affairs, MCPOG, members command etc. They have a back and forth about it. Members command finds out, tells member to remove comments and back and forth. Member does. Member is still told he is getting kicked out for it, at first they will face a board decision, but members command pulls strings at EPM and gets it changed and they are getting booted and will not face a board. CG Memes finds out, post a bunch of memes about toxic commands and gathers stories from people.

Guess the dudes an SK2 with a bunch of years.

Holy moly has something changed about the discharge process where they can just rando do an unsuitability discharge or something?

That really sucks, but the only surprising thing is that it took this long for someone to publicly get kicked out over memes.

drat

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

Holy moly has something changed about the discharge process where they can just rando do an unsuitability discharge or something?

That really sucks, but the only surprising thing is that it took this long for someone to publicly get kicked out over memes.

drat

No idea-I think they updated the UCMJ for social media poo poo but it’s still going to take a bit to process, etc.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I am so, so, so glad I did my time before the social media explosion. As it was, we already had guys in the unit uploading basically mywarcrimes.mov to early YouTube.

edit: with Bodies as the loving soundtrack, of course

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:stare:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well the may 2021 swe rankings came out and im #90ish laffo...

:negative:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Well the may 2021 swe rankings came out and im #90ish laffo...

:negative:

Offf.....sorry bud.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Whelp sent non rate to airmen program. Poor bastards sponsor just got shot. Feeling kind of helpless right now. This is a lovely situation.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Melthir posted:

Whelp sent non rate to airmen program. Poor bastards sponsor just got shot. Feeling kind of helpless right now. This is a lovely situation.

Ack man, I heard about that today. At least from what I’ve heard and seen the aviation community is very tight, especially hitron, so hopefully they’re in good hands.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Another cut for the November SWE came out and i am #16 and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So you made it?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

So you made it?

I am #96 and they have cut down to #80

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

I am #96 and they have cut down to #80

drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Another cut for the November SWE came out and i am #16 and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry bud.