Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I am deluding myself that there is gonna be one more cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The initial list came out in DA for anyone transferring next year

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
CG needs to poo poo or get off the pot with these covid discharges. Give these fuckers a time line so they can make plans and get them the gently caress out. The victim complex they have is nuts.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

My jobs mostly dealing with civilians and a handful of officers remotely nowadays-is the fleet that full of assholes not wanting to get the vaccine?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

CG needs to poo poo or get off the pot with these covid discharges. Give these fuckers a time line so they can make plans and get them the gently caress out. The victim complex they have is nuts.

A long time conspiracist theorist nut job is applying for the religious exemption. Probably just to buy time so he can retire lmao

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

My jobs mostly dealing with civilians and a handful of officers remotely nowadays-is the fleet that full of assholes not wanting to get the vaccine?

Not really. It's a small but amazingly loud percentage. One of the guys gas a legit medical concern and a long documented history. The other guys....I honestly can't think of a good example to pair it to that you guys would believe wasn't exaggerated. Shits nuts and honestly there may just end up being booking chits over the behavior.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Lmao I’m sorry you guys if it makes you feel any better it’s at least as bad on the civil service (not CG specific) side where I’m at

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

There are so many openings for VTS Staten island and other good picks... for OS2.
I mean there are also good places for OS1, but I am not in the cuttoff and who knows if I actually score high enough in the NOV21 SWE...

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

There are so many openings for VTS Staten island and other good picks... for OS2.
I mean there are also good places for OS1, but I am not in the cuttoff and who knows if I actually score high enough in the NOV21 SWE...

Well if you do get NY and want to come check out some castles or just chill in upstate your welcome to come hang out.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

GUESS WHO DIDNT HAVE TO BE TAPED TODAY AND loving PASSED WEIGHT

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

GUESS WHO DIDNT HAVE TO BE TAPED TODAY AND loving PASSED WEIGHT

Bikes r good

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

Bikes r good

I also been denying myself of the pleasure of eating very unhealthy but good food.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Anyone is here available and have PMs to read my member comments for my eResume?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Sure

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sent and thank you.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Sure

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I scored a 95 on my SWE, which is waaaay better than 81, and better than 86.

Proud of myself for at least studying an poo poo.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Nice.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hey Coasties, I was looking at jobs back home and saw there was a Coast Guard shipyard in Memphis, TN and was wondering if anyone here had any experience there or was stationed there and knew anything about it civilian-side.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

Hey Coasties, I was looking at jobs back home and saw there was a Coast Guard shipyard in Memphis, TN and was wondering if anyone here had any experience there or was stationed there and knew anything about it civilian-side.

I'd take the lack of response as a no. I have experience with CG shipyards in general though if you have questions.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Whelp off to CPOA hell in peak covid season to. FML.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Melthir posted:

Whelp off to CPOA hell in peak covid season to. FML.

Woohoo!!!

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Lol they are testing the whole base apparently.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

HOLY poo poo I AM #40

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Waiting for the loving initial cut AND my orders is loving pain

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Come on orders….

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

Come on orders….

I made the cut for OS1 and now i am on standby to place new picks

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I loving love the ineptitude of my coast guard. Unable to forecast literally anything dug them into the inability to properly forecast the need for more personnel or enable better retention capabilities. As a result, there apparently aren’t enough O4’s for open billets and there’s a big dick swinging contest to determine which base is more important than the other.

Still waiting for a phone call or any information on where the gently caress I’ll end up. Only info is that I will be moving. AO’s last update was over two weeks ago saying “gee this year sure is tough!”

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I made the cut for OS1 and now i am on standby to place new picks

Congrats dude

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

Congrats dude

Thanks, i finally got the short list last saturday and man. It was a lot better than i thought but like 50% percent of it was cutter, not a single district and the only VTS was berwick bay...

At least Milwaukee sounds like a good city.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

My sister is an OS chief in the reserve in Milwaukee. It's a nice spot by my understanding.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Thanks, i finally got the short list last saturday and man. It was a lot better than i thought but like 50% percent of it was cutter, not a single district and the only VTS was berwick bay...

At least Milwaukee sounds like a good city.

Just a short plane ride away.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Got my orders for Sector buffalo

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

Congrats-is this a good thing?

I’m going to teach finance/accounting at the academy. #1 pick and it puts us close to family-good job to retire from.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

Congrats-is this a good thing?

I’m going to teach finance/accounting at the academy. #1 pick and it puts us close to family-good job to retire from.

It was my #5 and i would have preferred to go to OS "A" school its still a good thing.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Let me know when you arrive, and I can make a trip down. Also, let me know if you need anything.

ElMaligno posted:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

Let me know when you arrive, and I can make a trip down. Also, let me know if you need anything.

One of the reasons i'm getting more excited about buffalo is that a lot of my friends and family are willing to visit me there. And I can also drive to visit them. :unsmith:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

One of the reasons I'm getting more excited about buffalo is that a lot of my friends and family are willing to visit me there. And I can also drive to visit them. :unsmith:

After being in AK for 12 years, it's very nice to have that option.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

CCTI week three. Shits still some of the dumbest poo poo I've been voluntold for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Melthir posted:

CCTI week three. Shits still some of the dumbest poo poo I've been voluntold for.

Not having fun with the scavenger hunt for signatures?

Are you making your hat box or buying it?

I didn’t see too much helping out when I was a JO but holy poo poo I felt for those guys when we were helping cook for the other chiefs. Jesus gently caress it was like they were all getting bitched at as non-rates all over again.

nwin fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 11, 2022